Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

12 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Musa is a headless chicken. Can be brilliant but he's such a no show risk.

Would prefer Gray as well.

Would also like Slimani but Albrighton did well. Ndidi is a bit sluggish but he could be like Yaya Toure.

Also inserting Amartey in the backline is a must. He's better  than any of the back four.

I assume you have had a few beers!!!

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

'Result makes it even harder for Leicester'

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

25cc6ffe-c147-480f-88b3-a4f758332099.jpg

Phil Neville

Former Manchester United defender on Radio 5live

Posted at21:55

You saw the difference in class and ability between the two sides. Leicester have made it even harder for themselves with this result. Fans were expecting to lose 4-0 and now they're almost dreaming of getting to the quarter-finals and that's how much this result means to them. Sevilla played the second half in second gear and Leicester still have to face one of the best teams in La Liga.

Thanks for that Phil, you c**t. I'm sure we'd have been better off if we'd lost 8-0

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Phil Neville

You saw the difference in class and ability between the two sides. Leicester have made it even harder for themselves with this result. Fans were expecting to lose 4-0 and now they're almost dreaming of getting to the quarter-finals and that's how much this result means to them. Sevilla played the second half in second gear and Leicester still have to face one of the best teams in La Liga.

You what mate... yeah 2-1 is definitely harder than 4-0. 

Self centered, I won £55 for Vardy scoring so that's good. :D

But to the game...

Prison shamed for all of the first half other than the opening, we could have been 4 down by the interval but for Kasper.

After the break once Gray came on, we started to get stuck in at last and it was a pity their second came when it did, although comical defence by Morgan and Huth. 

Once we scored, the confidence seeped back if not flowed. DD looked a different player and others were fired up. Great result in the end and all to play for now. Any tickets going? :P

Positives. Result. Vardy scoring. Schmeichel brilliant. Confidence and fight by the end. Gray very good. Ndidi stuck in there despite being overrun. DD believing again?

Negatives. Tactically all at sea for most of first hour. Musa looked bewildered. Albrighton poor. Mahrez disinterested for spells. Defence still needs sorting.

Up the Foxes!!!!

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

How the f**k are we going to keep Sevilla scoreless and we score minimum of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We probably won't, but I'd quite like to go down there and listen to the music one more time still being in the game.

Just now, Lionheart10 said:

I assume you have had a few beers!!!

World Cup vs Argentina. Leicester pre-season vs Barcelona. Few and far between but I guess that's why he had such a price tag. People still hope he'll play like that week in week out. I think it'll never happen.

3 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Phil Neville

Don't know if I have ever read such a dumb ass comment... WTF is he on

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

One thing that stood out for me was, when we scored, Claudio was showing emotion on the touchline and all the players on the bench just sat there like we were 5-1 down. Not one jumped up or even celebrated. Yes it wasn't a winner or even an equaliser but it was a big goal. And let's be honest, we haven't exactly been scoring many recently. 

The video of Claudio giving it some is after the goal went in, like a post celebration, celebration. 

Good to see a bit of spirit and cohesion there, and a goal! 

Shouldnt detract from what was another spineless and clueless first half though. Not quite sure how we scored given the complete lack of belief on show after their second. Still loads of amateurish decisions on and off the field being made. 

And Musa...I loathe to single out players for criticism but that was borderline disgraceful. 

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Phil Neville

So Arsenal's four goal defeat is better than our one, then?

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Phil Neville

Shut the fvck up Neville!!! Biggest rubbish I ever heard!!!

you'd think we've turned a corner  with these  comments  but seriously  this team has no game plan and haven't a clue moving the ball up field. We made a few decent plays all game. There's so much wrong here that needs sorting out. 

I'll take the scoreline that gives us hope but can't accept the lack of game plan, poor team selection and overall poor attitude on the pitch.

Outplayed and far too defensive for the most part. DD was making that run where he set up the goal several times a game last season. Need to press far higher up the pitch in the home game to stand any chance.

That said we are still in the tie so there is still hope there. Was expecting a 3 or 4 - 0 spanking before the game so not to disheartened.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

One thing that stood out for me was, when we scored, Claudio was showing emotion on the touchline and all the players on the bench just sat there like we were 5-1 down. Not one jumped up or even celebrated. Yes it wasn't a winner or even an equaliser but it was a big goal. And let's be honest, we haven't exactly been scoring many recently. 

Didn't notice that because of my elation at that point but, if correct, that is pretty worrying.

I'm actually quite proud of that performance. 

Bollox to this 'they ain't trying' cobblers...they WERE trying tonight and you could see little glimpses of some confidence returning.

Personally, I disagree wholeheartedly with 'The Doctor' (and others)....I think the problem is actually Ranieri. Tactically, this season he's been not good. I reckon the players actually think he's a chump.

What was interesting tonight, and I don't know whether anyone else saw it on TV...when we scored our goal, Ranieri made a fist pump on the touchline and literally none of our subs jumped up from the bench to celebrate with him or with any of our players. Andy King's face told it all..he looked at Claudio as if to say 'wtf!' See if you can play this back. Unless I'm wrong, they all stay sat there. No celebration.

The result gives us a little hope. Vardy has shown again that when he gets good quality ball into him, he can score and Ndidi again really looks a prospect.

The recruitment team, however, need shooting for not replacing either Huth or Morgan with a younger model and who, the fook, signed Musa?

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Phil Neville

Prat- they didn't look in second gear when we pushed them back, when we scored or when they were trying to get a third. So it would be easier with a 2-0?

Archived