Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

First half awful, 2nd half much much better. Very good result away to a team who rarely lose at home. Schmeichel was huge today for us. Players looked so much more confident after we scored. Great assist from Drinky and great to get Vardy on the score sheet. Sevilla reverted to the cheating continental style 2nd half, throwing themselves on the floor and doing 2 horrible, cynical fouls on Mahrez. If Claudio can actually conjure up a game plan and pick the right team we could get a result at home! So glad I've got a ticket for it, I'm absolutely pumped for this game now! GRAY MUST START!!!!!!!!!

We give them a lot of stick on FT (rightly so on occasions) but there's no doubt that confidence has a massive part to play in top level sport and we're rock bottom as far as confidence goes. Let's hope  this spurs them on for the next run of matches.

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Don't even know what to think anymore, gutless for 75 mins. 

Seeing Simpson having to physically scream at Mahrez to track back, only for mahrez to turn his back on him, and start walking torwards a sevilla player who had the ball whilst it was in play was enough to convince me there is a real cancer within this squad. 

Kasper should be captain, Gray and Benny need to start, Drinkwater was a different player after the goal. 

Claudio please ffs just get them doing it the whole match not just when we are out of time.

Seen that also,

but I have read  and watched interviews where simpsons has had problems with him defending since he has joined. Nothing new about mahrez and his defensive frailties.

Musa is a headless chicken. Can be brilliant but he's such a no show risk.

Would prefer Gray as well.

Would also like Slimani but Albrighton did well. Ndidi is a bit sluggish but he could be like Yaya Toure.

Also inserting Amartey in the backline is a must. He's better  than any of the back four.

i'm so buzzing and pumped after that 2nd half. we genuinely actually showed the spirit and fight (sorry!) and belief that we could still be in the game.

Kasper was superb. Kept us well within the game with some great saves in both halves. Musa goes off; Gray on and we up the intensity. We up our own game and actually take it to  Sevilla. Drinkwater and Vardy will be buzzing too. First Drinkwater assist of the season? 

I can't remember the last time I was satisfied with a 2-1 loss lol 

Negatives, as if they need repeating: Musa absolutely dire. That has to be the last straw for him. He can't keep getting chances - he adds nothing, absolutely nothing going forward, but even worse, he keeps giving the ball away in dangerous positions over and over again. Huth has, has to be dropped, for everyones sake. Benny isn't the long term solution but we'd improve dramatically with him in the side for the remainder of the season before we can rebuild in the summer.

Positives; Kasper, that was a world, world, world class performance. Immense. Simpson had a great game, N'Didi looked good second half, Drinkwater & Mahrez's combinations towards the tail end of the game were great.

That goal is absolutely massive. If we keep it tight, we will get a chance to score. I hope that galvanizes us in the league too. We've still got it when our backs are to the wall.

8 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Yes - and a couple of times DD and Mahrez took players right out of the game by passing round them. Was nice to watch.

Those were times where Drinkwater seemed to take his job as CM seriously. Don't understand why he's constantly hiding in the offensive phases. Every time he showed up, it went pretty good. He's got even an assist.

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Excellent result. Great goal.

Is it just me or do we always play better in the 2nd half? 

I wish Claudio would bollock them before the game starts!!!

Yup, usually because we are playing the players that should have started by the 2nd half.

Guest CityFan 06

Good result. A 2-1 defeat but there's still something to play for at the KP.

With the Union FS Tifo for the return home leg, it (could) make for a very special night at Filbert Way. 

Take that all day long really.

Played like the old team for the last 30 minutes. It was as if someone flicked a switch, and everyone remembered how they hated losing?

Keep that shape and energy (last 30)..... Dimi for w*nky Musa, Check Albrighton for colour blindness....he doesn't see Blue shirts when he crosses,  and Benny in for Huth....he's lost it!

Well done boys!!!...can't wait for the return now.

Archived