Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

3 minutes ago, WilfND said:

Seen that also,

but I have read  and watched interviews where simpsons has had problems with him defending since he has joined. Nothing new about mahrez and his defensive frailties.

It's a difficult one as I personally don't want to see Mahrez defending. Yes, with our whole team ethic and ethos from last season, we had everyone battling and fighting and putting a shift in, but I'd rather see Simpson get cover from Ndidi/drinky and leave Mahrez upfield where he can cause problems. Maybe the answer is playing Gray and Albrighton on the wings, as they will run back and defend and leave Mahrez up with vardy. Although I would also argue that I'd prefer to see Gray causing problems up top rather than constantly defending. We have always known that Mahrez is poor defensively so I don't understand why we don't just leave him upfield 

Huge result. 2nd leg will be interesting. All to play for.

Sevilla play (against a team fighting relegation) the Saturday before the Tuesday of the game. We don't. (Arsenal play in the FA Cup instead of us.) We have over a week to prepare.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

apparently sevilla aren't that good away from home ??!!! :scarf:

GET IN LADS CARDIFF HERE WE COME! 

Seriously though I'm just glad we're still in it. We can only hope (col capital coming up) HOPE, that this lights a bit of a fire under them and we start turning up a bit more often. It sounded a real partisan atmosphere tonight, that's what the European cup is all about and they should relish the opportunity to be playing on the biggest stage every week (that goes for the Prem as well ffs!) 

We're in the game, that's all we wanted. Rode our luck at times but was always going to be like that. 

Bit surreal celebrating a loss so much but that's where we are. 

2 soft goals conceded, easily avoidable. Drinkwater was much better second half and we actually played some decent stuff. 

2-1 I'll take that, said I'd take that before the game.

**** no's how they didn't score more than 2 though! Should have been 4 or 5+ and that's in the 1st half alone!

We finally ****ing scored aswell!!!

May aswell play with no defence though, Schmeichel is our defence! That back 4...:nono: 

1st half was pretty poor it 2nd think we played ok. Nice to be positive about losing for once! 

'Result makes it even harder for Leicester'

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

25cc6ffe-c147-480f-88b3-a4f758332099.jpg

Phil Neville

Former Manchester United defender on Radio 5live

Posted at21:55

You saw the difference in class and ability between the two sides. Leicester have made it even harder for themselves with this result. Fans were expecting to lose 4-0 and now they're almost dreaming of getting to the quarter-finals and that's how much this result means to them. Sevilla played the second half in second gear and Leicester still have to face one of the best teams in La Liga.

That reminded me of a cat playing with a half dead mouse and we were the mouse.They were messing with us all through but one bit of proper football(and kasper) and we dodged a bullet.

Morgan doing ballet steps in defence fir the second  never saw a proper solid  tackle all night.It wa sort of slow motion football from us.But the result was 1-2 so great

One thing that stood out for me was, when we scored, Claudio was showing emotion on the touchline and all the players on the bench just sat there like we were 5-1 down. Not one jumped up or even celebrated. Yes it wasn't a winner or even an equaliser but it was a big goal. And let's be honest, we haven't exactly been scoring many recently. 

Archived