Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

I want to be as positive as possible, I'm delighted I get to go and watch a game that still has all to play for. I'm pleased we had fight and let's leave it at that... but one thing has to be said....

Danny Simpson is a body, a dead body and he may as well be in a black bag laying dead on the right wing because he'd make just as much of an impact.

What an embarrassing performance. There players we walking around with the ball and we just let them. Musa, Albrighton and Huth are shocking. How they are still getting a starting spot is a joke. Can Claudio not see the weaknesses? He has players on the bench who are already better than the 3 mentioned and still refuses to use them. I fear that away goal has saved Ranieri the sack and confirmed our relegation. 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I want to be as positive as possible, I'm delighted I get to go and watch a game that still has all to play for. I'm pleased we had fight and let's leave it at that... but one thing has to be said....

Danny Simpson is a body, a dead body and he may as well be in a black bag laying dead on the right wing because he'd make just as much of an impact.

To be fair to Simpson I thought he had a relatively decent game compared to the rest at the back.

And the amount of times he was shouting at Mahrez (who was extremely lazy!) to get back and help him as he always had to deal with 2 men was beyond a joke.

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

???

He was our best defender tonight.

The result is a positive one in that we are still in the match. However, it is still a loss and we were hopeless for around an hour. The amount of space they had was unreal. I'm not really sure what we can take from that. Good that Vardy scored and the build up play to the goal was excellent but the defence was a shambles. The bit for their 2nd goal where Simpson just ambles back is so poor and Morgan should really have dealt with it. We still have massive problems and let's hope we can buld on this but we shouldn't get too carried away after 15 or so minutes of decent play.

Sevilla are a very very good side. Their movement and pace and the way the use the ball all superb.

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

Mixed feelings about kasper!  Delighted he played so well l, but boy... what a stage to put yourself in the shop window... I'd be AMAZED if we didn't get offers for him  from some big big clubs end of season...

If there's one man that cannot be faulted for effort and commitment this season  its kasper. 

If he goes we can have no complaints. He's served us brilliantly over the years. 

I think the best thing to say is that it could have been a lot worse. So with that we should be grateful but you have to think against a more potent strike force it would have been curtains much sooner. Maybe it might kick us in abit? Or is that asking too much...I actually thought it was more the players in the second half, I think despite a horrible lack of guidance they dug deep and conjured something up. 

Tactically we were dross again.

8 minutes ago, frany104 said:

What an embarrassing performance. There players we walking around with the ball and we just let them. Musa, Albrighton and Huth are shocking. How they are still getting a starting spot is a joke. Can Claudio not see the weaknesses? He has players on the bench who are already better than the 3 mentioned and still refuses to use them. I fear that away goal has saved Ranieri the sack and confirmed our relegation. 

I could not have put it better myself. Those 3 in particular are no where near good enough at the moment.

How Albrighton did not come off earlier I'll never know! At times he was literally getting walked around, he looked dead on his feet. 

I won't even get started on Huth and especially Musa.

I think that goal has secured his job until the home leg and by then we'll be in the bottom 3.

16 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

To be fair to Simpson I thought he had a relatively decent game compared to the rest at the back.

And the amount of times he was shouting at Mahrez (who was extremely lazy!) to get back and help him as he always had to deal with 2 men was beyond a joke.

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

???

He was our best defender tonight.

Hey this is why I love football, were never all going to agree. But I'm not the only one who has said it and he's been picked apart on BT and ITV's analysis of why the hell he was yet again so far away from the two centre backs for their second goal.... to the point where I said goal as soon as their striker started backing in because you could see where he was going to pass it! Into our big empty right back space.

I could pick on any of the defenders, but stick for Morgan and Huth is predictable and old now, I just accept they're shit every game... in my personal opinion Danny disappointed tonight, as he did against Swansea.

But as I've said we've all watched the game in different places and different atmospheres so it's difficult to agree.

18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not read all of this but anyone putting Simpson down in front of wes is a bel end. Kasper at 2-0 showed what a captain should be. And to me wes was our weak link. Simpson not great but solid.

Wes needs to take a break. Huth needs to take a break but who do you bring in. Wasyl would have been worse and Benalouane goes wandering more than Simpson did for second goal. Amartey just not proven against top class attack in CB position so you have to stick with them.

Regardless what a great result tonight though. Not perfect but an away goal is priceless in this competition. And against a very very talented team like that I'm very happy. Definitely more effort there in that second half too. If they're 'coming off blowing' as Vardy says that's much much better and what it should be like after every game especially in the prem.

Gray, Drinkwater, Vardy & Mahrez little triangle passes proper football at times in second half that is what we need. More of that please.

I was thinking Sevilla would beat us 5-0 or 6-1 - Partly based on how woeful we've been in the league but also from what I heard was going around the Spanish football media, in which they were expecting them to absolutely batter us - So to get the away goal and narrow their advantage to a wafer thin goal is a very good result!

To battle back against one of the most savvy European competition sides (away from home) surely must give us some confidence going into the upcoming league games. It really should do anyway.

Archived