Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

First half awful, 2nd half much much better. Very good result away to a team who rarely lose at home. Schmeichel was huge today for us. Players looked so much more confident after we scored. Great assist from Drinky and great to get Vardy on the score sheet. Sevilla reverted to the cheating continental style 2nd half, throwing themselves on the floor and doing 2 horrible, cynical fouls on Mahrez. If Claudio can actually conjure up a game plan and pick the right team we could get a result at home! So glad I've got a ticket for it, I'm absolutely pumped for this game now! GRAY MUST START!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Why can't we play like we did for the last 20 minutes for 70/80? Would be nice if we didn't always wait to be at least 2 down before we're stung into life. 

pretty simple the other team will often hold off up 2-0

I only saw the second half, and I thought we were a bit lucky, but the goal was brilliant. From the highlights I saw at half time (OK, not conclusive) Schmeichel looked class (but he always does) and Musa looked shite (ditto).

FFS, Ranieri needs to sort out the defence. Fuchs and Huth look really out of it, and Morgan's not much better: surely Benny and Chilwell have to start against Liverpool at the weekend. Musa should be sent out on loan to a Championship club where he belongs, and Gray needs to start.

Tighten up the defence for the second leg, because we have that priceless away goal. 1-0 to us in a couple of weeks' time and we are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League FFS!

One thing only. Ranieri knows how to shape a team in Europe - thought the way we set up against one of the best sides in Europe was first rate, whatever Savage said. Musa, Albrighton not up to it quality wise, and far too sloppy with the passing first half, but we're alive.

Archived