Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Evidence of squad disharmony or nothing?

39 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

What Marcotti says does have the ring of truth about it. Mahrez and Vardy have been over-indulged with massive contracts - probably paid far more than the rest of the squad who then feel entitled to say it's up to the "stars" to pull them through the bad times while the stars have nothing much to lose if it all goes pear-shaped. In turn the majority of players probably resent the fact that these two in particular, always keep their places for the big games, no matter how bad they've been in other games. They're undroppable. So they blame the players for failing to keep up last season's standards and the manager for continuing to pick them. That ties in with Kasper's comments to "forget last season.." in other words "Vahrez" or perhaps "Mardy" would be more appropriate, can't continue to live on their past glories and the manager can't continue to pick them on their past record either. 

Gray in particular loses out - he's been playing well but still being used as an understudy to Mahrez. But Benoualane could ask why he's not being given the chance to replace Huth or Morgan, Mendy same with Drinkwater, Chilwell with Fuchs. 

Anyone who looks at those post goal pictures and says there's nothing wrong is in complete denial.

Honestly, this was my first thought too. And as I said earlier, even when Ranieri was doing his little jig, King's 'look' was one of what the fook is he doing?

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The thing that struck me more last night was after the final whistle when CR is hugging the players on the pitch. He walks over to Vardy and gives him a hug then Vardy walks away and quite clearly says something to himself under his breath. I'm only guessing, but he looked quite dismissive and my instinct at the time was he was calling CR something unsavoury. And the interview with Vardy before the game when he said the players were categorically 100% behind CR - well sorry but I didn't believe him.

I'm not trying to shit stir and I could be way off the mark, but I sense something's not quite right between them.

I was watching with an amateur lip reader and what he said was "I'm absolutely fvcked"

Nothing to see here!

2 minutes ago, notnow john said:

I was watching with an amateur lip reader and what he said was "I'm absolutely fvcked"

Nothing to see here!

Not sure why he'd be taking to himself out loud though?

First sign of madness maybe? lol

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The thing that struck me more last night was after the final whistle when CR is hugging the players on the pitch. He walks over to Vardy and gives him a hug then Vardy walks away and quite clearly says something to himself under his breath. I'm only guessing, but he looked quite dismissive and my instinct at the time was he was calling CR something unsavoury. And the interview with Vardy before the game when he said the players were categorically 100% behind CR - well sorry but I didn't believe him.

I'm not trying to shit stir and I could be way off the mark, but I sense something's not quite right between them.

slowed down a bit

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just like a 2nd rate tacky journalist , create some willy nilly idea, go with it, and sell it it as the only true story.

So you dont like Vardy or Mahrez, their paypackets   upset you, so get a feeling, then create the conspiracy.

Thats ditto for any stories that this forum posters love to throw up.

Err...what are you on about? Where did I say that I didn't like Vardy or Mahrez?

I was merely summarising Marcotti's comments and trying to draw a logical conclusion about the subtext to what he says - I would have thought that was pretty obvious but clearly not. 

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

slowed down a bit

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks for finding that Vardy clip mate - thought I was going mad!

My initial reaction at the time was that Vardy was swearing to CR behind his back or saying something dismissive. On second viewing I'm not so sure, but he still looks a bit pissed off about things to me...

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

musas been clapping the whole time?

it wasn't a live cutaway and was shown 20 minutes later so just because the reaction is as vardy runs back it doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't edited to show the goal then the reaction. 

If Musa was clapping the whole time it's the most action he put in all night

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks for finding that Vardy clip mate - thought I was going mad!

My initial reaction at the time was that Vardy was swearing to CR behind his back or saying something dismissive. On second viewing I'm not so sure, but he still looks a bit pissed off about things to me...

He kinda always does though, especially on the pitch.

He always has a look on his face like he's at a social gathering and he's put his iPhone on charge across the room, only to see someone else pick it up. 

1806319-38123671-2560-1440.jpg?w=1050

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Vardy says "I'm ****ed" so nothing to see there, the other clip is too weird to have happened straight after the goal surely.

Well my personal lip reader reckons he either says"faggits" after claudio asks him what he's having for dinner,  or "fanks"

I know the theorists are sure that CR has lost the dressing room, but what if Morgan has? He must know he is a weak link in our defence and surely the senior players must be saying something to him about his, often inept. performances, in particular Kasper.

Maybe that would explain Morgan's apparent indifference to his penalty save last night given that it was his daft tackle that resulted in the penalty.

Maybe he is aware that the players are losing confidence in him as a player which must undermine his influence as captain. How can he motivate and demand more from players on the pitch when he himself is so often at fault? Maybe he is aware that players are talking behind his back and feels the lack of trust in him and he is therefore less committed to the captaincy as a result? Maybe it also explains why he seemed to take no part in the huddle and let Kasper do the talking

Kasper seems to be the one doing the motivating and trying to pump the players up to try harder, particularly after the second goal went in and again after Vardy scored.

What did Morgan do? Nothing, just turned and walked away as if he had no feeling for his team or the players in it anymore.

Also what was he doing in the opposition left back area receiving a throw in and then trying to outplay 3 Sevilla players, ultimately l

If Morgan no longer has the respect of the players, Ranieri needs to stop showing such loyalty in him and that might be the reason why the dressing room seems to have lost some respect for the manager. They know what needs to be done but the boss isn't doing it.

Could that be disharmonious?

(copied from the "Kasper for Captain" thread)

15 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He kinda always does though, especially on the pitch.

He always has a look on his face like he's at a social gathering and he's put his iPhone on charge across the room, only to see someone else pick it up. 

1806319-38123671-2560-1440.jpg?w=1050

That's a good point. Bet we could find similar clips from last year which could be interpreted in just the same way, but people weren't looking for negatives then.

This is all basically people believing what they want to believe - there's no conclusive proof of anything. If you already think there's some dissenters in the team, this will reinforce that belief; if you don't, you'll poo-poo it.

Archived