Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Evidence of squad disharmony or nothing?

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Doesn't helped we had no proper drilled pre-season and spent it taking photos in Cali and getting slammed by PSG 4-0. 

This team relies on confidence and fitness to operate effectively, no wonder we lost that when we didn't have six weeks dedicated fitness with a couple games against Oxford & King's Lynn. As well as playing the same game as last season without a Kante replacement that was the start of the spiral in my opinion. 

It's a big factor for me too. Some say you never really hit your peak if you haven't had a proper pre-season, due to the number of games. And the extra CL games make it even more difficult. It's a double whammy really.

Of course, I could name you about 20 other factors (of varying importance) involved in our decline, and I guess the players are well aware of all of them.

Maybe we have gone from the accumulation of small advantages, to the accumulation of small disadvantages (well, some of them are small!:rolleyes:), with startling speed.

In Clarke Gable tone....I just couldnt give a damn..

We lost we played crap.  Kasper was the only leicester player on the pitch.

1 bit of late magic, keeps hopes eternal.

Antics on the pitch is the only story, mis-conceptions or true shots of the Bench, doesnt give any slant to any

end result.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Gab Marcotti is saying the problems are between the star players and the veterans - apparently.

2:15 onwards 

So Huth and Morgan are pissed off with Vardy and Mahrez - that is plausible and would make sense of Kasper's recent comments.However I can't imagine it's down to their poor form like Marcotti says because Huth and Morgan aren't exactly in a position to question anyone else's form as they've been dreadful. Can only think that inflated pay packets and egos must be at the route of it. IF the likes of Vardy and Mahrez are going round giving it Billy Boig Bollocks and Ranieri is letting them do it then I can see why the 'veterans' would be unhappy and the whole fiasco that is this season now makes sense

I'll repost this here, then:

I'm not going just on the still, but what the pundits said, plus a few of the posters on here. But it does not look good. They are only a few matches away from ironic cheering.

I'm not Ranieri's biggest fan, but I can't help but support the man who actually celebrated our only goal.

This is our biggest game in our 133 year history, and the benched players are so vindictive that they refuse to celebrate the idea we may be still in the game and tournament?

I can understand why there's discontent, but that seems far, far too much to me.

Also, we cannot carry on like we did last season. We need wholesale changes.

And the only man who can do this is the manager.

Unless the players are discontent because Ranieri refuses to change the squad (which I doubt), I'm siding with Ranners.

Last season, it was incredible to watch the pitch. This season, it is incredible to watch the bench.

What Marcotti says does have the ring of truth about it. Mahrez and Vardy have been over-indulged with massive contracts - probably paid far more than the rest of the squad who then feel entitled to say it's up to the "stars" to pull them through the bad times while the stars have nothing much to lose if it all goes pear-shaped. In turn the majority of players probably resent the fact that these two in particular, always keep their places for the big games, no matter how bad they've been in other games. They're undroppable. So they blame the players for failing to keep up last season's standards and the manager for continuing to pick them. That ties in with Kasper's comments to "forget last season.." in other words "Vahrez" or perhaps "Mardy" would be more appropriate, can't continue to live on their past glories and the manager can't continue to pick them on their past record either. 

Gray in particular loses out - he's been playing well but still being used as an understudy to Mahrez. But Benoualane could ask why he's not being given the chance to replace Huth or Morgan, Mendy same with Drinkwater, Chilwell with Fuchs. 

Anyone who looks at those post goal pictures and says there's nothing wrong is in complete denial.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

when do u think it is then??

when do players clap on the bench?

It's AFTER the goal, Ranieri is looking the wrong way for a start. As I've said already, this could be 20 seconds or so AFTER the goal goes in and he's just trying to pump up the players who are now back in their own half.

Have you ever had a job where you didn't feel appreciated?  Where others seem to be able to do no wrong and no matter what you do your efforts don't get noticed?  If you have I'll bet that it didn't take too long for you to become fed up, do just enough to keep going, and start looking for a way out.  If that's happened to a good few in our squad we're in trouble and it won't be fixed until either there is an open 'clear the air' session or either the in-crowd or the disgruntled leave.  Until then the team will under-perform, the odd half-decent result may lift a few spirits but the root cause of the problem won't go away.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's AFTER the goal, Ranieri is looking the wrong way for a start. As I've said already, this could be 20 seconds or so AFTER the goal goes in and he's just trying to pump up the players who are now back in their own half.

musas been clapping the whole time?

it wasn't a live cutaway and was shown 20 minutes later so just because the reaction is as vardy runs back it doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't edited to show the goal then the reaction. 

55 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

So Huth and Morgan are pissed off with Vardy and Mahrez - that is plausible and would make sense of Kasper's recent comments.However I can't imagine it's down to their poor form like Marcotti says because Huth and Morgan aren't exactly in a position to question anyone else's form as they've been dreadful. Can only think that inflated pay packets and egos must be at the route of it. IF the likes of Vardy and Mahrez are going round giving it Billy Boig Bollocks and Ranieri is letting them do it then I can see why the 'veterans' would be unhappy and the whole fiasco that is this season now makes sense

Just like a 2nd rate tacky journalist , create some willy nilly idea, go with it, and sell it it as the only true story.

So you dont like Vardy or Mahrez, their paypackets   upset you, so get a feeling, then create the conspiracy.

Thats ditto for any stories that this forum posters love to throw up.

People cant explain the implosion this season, so their thoughts leanand  has to be a player revolt..

One explanation...so simple that fans refuse to accept it. We have returned to type as a team,

the group , the Bbone players, put their all into last season, it worked like a dream, but it just

finished them mentally, and physically, last years intensity was a grunt +skill step to far.

I just hope somehow they can have their final hour, and find for the PL games a spark,

a kick, that brings that ethos and spirit together once more after this seasons collapse.

They need that anger and determination even the contempt of the great escape season.

Claudio has to be brave and Risk Benny with either Waz or Amartey.Maybe even keep Huth, but at least one

CB has to be dropped, for 5-6 games.

Archived