Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

The club desperately needs to make the right appointment! 

Personally my I think we need someone who is proven at this level and well respected - we need to get out of this shit state were in with Premier League but we still have a huge opportunity to progress in the Champions League still. 

Job is to big for someone like Rowett, would love Bielsa but can't see it happening 

27 minutes ago, One Ranieri said:

What's the sales pitch to the new coach?

come in, win the league in a million to one shot and then if you struggle when we sell the best midfielder in the club's history then you're for the chopping block?

i think expectations need to be measured and perhaps people need to ask if Ranieri was actually the best manager available to Leicester City and no one could get more out of them this season.

Not lose the dressing room and look like a relegation candidate?

Just now, matty98 said:

Laurent Blanc?

I think we need to stay away from the older, big name manager like Blanc. We need long term direction at the club not big wage, big names that'll be here for a season or two.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Was it not eluded to by Vardy? 

Alluded to by Vardy is hardly the most substantial source, presumably it was in his autobiography and they're embellished to flog a few more

Mancini would be a disaster. Mardy and a poor man manager. He wouldn't heal the rifts.

I have absolutely zero faith in the fact that the club know what direction take and know what kind of manager they want. They'll just go for a name again.

Just now, Wookie said:

I think we need to stay away from the older, big name manager like Blanc. We need long term direction at the club not big wage, big names that'll be here for a season or two.

I totally agree, I wasn't trying to suggest I think we should get him, more that I think he could potentially be picked. Although I do think he's a very good manager and he's not old, only 51.

Just now, matty98 said:

I totally agree, I wasn't trying to suggest I think we should get him, more that I think he could potentially be picked. Although I do think he's a very good manager and he's not old, only 51.

You're right, he does seem like the sort of target the owners/board would have in mind. I didn't realise he was only 51 either however I can't imagine he'd fancy it.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mancini seems like a younger version of Claudio, would that be a bad thing? 

The team seemed to have pushed out Claudio. You'd need someone who they want to play for. And someone who can make the changes they may not want. If he fits both criteria - cool.

We're never going to get one of these billy big bollocks managers in. We're awful, anyone with a brain cell can see that. Imagine risking your reputation on 13 games with us, you'd have to be a psychopath. 

Rowett, Pearson, Pardew are the sorts we'll be linked with. At least until the summer anyway where everyone and their dog will want in. 

Archived