Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Next Manager betting markets are utter toilet. They see odds tumble due to conjecture and guesswork, then everyone thinks we're getting someone who we haven't even spoken to. Look at how Preki's odds tumbled in 2015, and he seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth for over a year. He's now at St Louis FC. 

The likelihood is that the new manager is nowhere near the top of the betting at the moment, and that Pardew and Pearson are there purely because they're unemployed managers with PL experience. Pearson won't happen because too much has happened for a return, and even Rudkin isn't daft enough to appoint a man who ran Crystal Palace into the ground.

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Do we really want a "European" manager for what is probably going to be one more game? Not saying Rowett is the right guy but I don't think we need someone that has European pedigree to be honest. 

Someone with European pedigree would (hopefully) command some respect from the squad. Not saying Rowett couldn't get that but we're working against the clock here; we need an instant kick up the arse.

Additionally, we may possibly only have one game left, but at the moment that's the most important game of our season and you'd hope the owners are aware of this and want to be suitably prepared.

Saying all that, a damage limitation appointment like a Pearson or Hodgson wouldn't surprise me. 

3 minutes ago, MrLuke said:

Someone with European pedigree would (hopefully) command some respect from the squad. Not saying Rowett couldn't get that but we're working against the clock here; we need an instant kick up the arse.

Additionally, we may possibly only have one game left, but at the moment that's the most important game of our season and you'd hope the owners are aware of this and want to be suitably prepared.

Saying all that, a damage limitation appointment like a Pearson or Hodgson wouldn't surprise me. 

I agree we need instant action but I wouldn't say for a second that the European game is out most important. That is a luxury, the 13 games we have to save our premier league status are far more important.

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

I agree we need instant action but I wouldn't say for a second that the European game is out most important. That is a luxury, the 13 games we have to save our premier league status are far more important.

Can't argue with that. Saying that I'd take champions league glory over staying up. Purely to piss off everyone else knowing we'd be back in the competition next year in-between trips to Burton and Wigan.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can't say I will ever watch a presser from an American college team again lol.

That was a fantastic press conference, still have the images I created saved on my desktop #Preki2015

mTXv3vW.jpg?1

jyztcgq.png

Great times. 

15 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

And there we go - Football Fantasy. Can't even wait until CR has left the club and already the mindless speculation has started. Whoever it might be he won't have half the dignity and presence Claudio has. Don't think either that someone is going to step into his shoes and put things all right. You're not going to get some miracle - if we survive it will be by the same kind of scrap we saw in 2014-2015 and they were up for it then. I can't say that about the current squad.

It's usual after the bereavement to allow a respectful period of time to elapse before clamouring to open the will. As for who "we" want - well that's not going to count for much - but go on, indulge yourselves. Can't do any harm, can it?

The King is dead..................

Copied from the next Manager poll thread:

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing with all these hard on's for David Wagner?

As far as I can see he'd managed Dortmund's ressies and the mighty Huddersfield.

Yet many on here want him to take over from CR and guide us to safety?

Surely we can do better than this can't we? He's got no PL experience and how will he deal with all the big ego's in our squad? Will they respect him and his limited track record?

Not for me, sorry...

17 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

but go on, indulge yourselves. Can't do any harm, can it?

No, other than having to listen to your poor-man's AA Gill shtick. I can only assume the non-mawkish portion is your (presumptuous and somewhat tautological) way of saying you think we'll go down, in which case, noted. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Copied from the next Manager poll thread:

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing with all these hard on's for David Wagner?

As far as I can see he'd managed Dortmund's ressies and the mighty Huddersfield.

Yet many on here want him to take over from CR and guide us to safety?

Surely we can do better than this can't we? He's got no PL experience and how will he deal with all the big ego's in our squad? Will they respect him and his limited track record?

Not for me, sorry...

Cut from the same cloth as Klopp, he's got a lot of potential. People are looking at him as a long term project.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Cut from the same cloth as Klopp, he's got a lot of potential. People are looking at him as a long term project.

Fair enough. Just seems a bit risky to me but I don't really know about his qualities.

I'm a bit concerned it could back fire and wonder whether we'd be better off with someone who has more PL experience?

I dunno, I'm still grieving over Claudio tbh

30 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

No, other than having to listen to your poor-man's AA Gill shtick. I can only assume the non-mawkish portion is your (presumptuous and somewhat tautological) way of saying you think we'll go down, in which case, noted. 

Woooosssshhh :-)

Hiddink, Mancini, O'Neil would be great as a temporary solution. I want to believe in the owners' persuasive power :thumbup:

Hope for the best, expect the worst... De Boer, MacLaren, Hodgson, Pardew - keep off please :lei1:
Meanwhile let's try to move on from the mourning (those who didn't) and try to look on the bright side of life. Who knows we might actually avoid relegation now!

Let's see what Shakey has in store. He might surprise us all. Que sera, sera :scarf: 

Archived