Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The next manager should have the same philosophy as that the team had last season, and not a defensive manager as we would continue to leak goals and rarely score.

Next manager needs to get us organised to attack and defend as a team.

Players like Gray (who I like a lot) Mahrez and Musa (headless chicken) have all tried to run by themselves up field or we've just hoofed the ball hoping Vardy will get onto the ball.

This isn't what we were about last season.

We stopped teams coming through the middle of the pitch, and we stopped full backs and wingers running to the byline.

Opposition teams were forced to cross in to our box from deep positions and we crowded out attacks and dealt with these crossss easily. We pressed teams giving them little time to work any meaningful time in our half. And our attackers pressed defenders forcing mistakes.

And while we sat back and invited teams to come at us, when we'd dealt with an attack we attacked quickly with numbers. We had oppositions that stretched opposition defences, do they come at the player with the ball or stay with Vardy, Okazaki, or whichever winger was flying down the other wing? And our midfield was ever present to link up these quick passes.

I think we've been lucky in that, while still young and potentially not a finished player yet, Ndidi ticks a lot of boxes as the central midfield we've been missing all season. If he and Drinkwater can develop the understanding Drinkwater and Kante did then we could have a great pairing there, and Amartey keeps improving too, giving us cover if needed and possibly an opposition of 3 in midfield if needed.

Its the mentality of working as a team, with everyone knowing what their job is, and where each teammate will be; this is what the new manager needs to get organised quickly.

Because for whatever reason we've looked like a team that's never played together all too often this season. The understanding has gone, and with it the positive results.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon they could give the job to Shakey until the end of the season and then asses it again in the summer.

If the players respect Shakey and are behind him (which I assume they are) maybe they'll pull their fingers out of their arses and start playing for him. 

And if by some miracle we best Liverpool on Monday, it might strengthen his case. He seemed quite confident in his press conference that he was up for the job so maybe worth a punt?

Bringing in someone completely new just feels really risky. I dunno, maybe Shakey is the short term answer?...

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The more I think about it, the more I reckon they could give the job to Shakey until the end of the season and then asses it again in the summer.

If the players respect Shakey and are behind him (which I assume they are) maybe they'll pull their fingers out of their arses and start playing for him. 

And if by some miracle we best Liverpool on Monday, it might strengthen his case. He seemed quite confident in his press conference that he was up for the job so maybe worth a punt?

Bringing in someone completely new just feels really risky. I dunno, maybe Shakey is the short term answer?...

I have been thinking the same. Shakey is well respected in football circles as shown by Being offered the opportunity with the England set up before big Sam screwed it up.

think Shakey is the one person who can keep us up, knows the team, knows the style to play, the team know and respect him. 

Shakey until season end makes the most sense out of anything to me.

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm not usually a fan of this as it seems a cop out to appoint someone that's already in the set up - and, if he was already there and we didn't succeed then why would he start to succeed on his own .....

However this is a different situation and may be the right call .... At least the prima donnas we have won't have any excuse not to perform.

22 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I could see Shakespeare getting it till the end of the season.

If we go down-Rowett, if we stay up - God knows.

So why not appointment Rowett now? Why do have to wait and see if someone who has spent his entire career as a number 2 can keep us up? 

That some people are willing to take that gamble is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, esoog said:

Don't get the love fest with Rowett! Complete nonsense 

Why, because he's a lower league manager? 

If you judge him on what he did at Burton and what he did at Birmingham then I fail to see how anyone couldn't be impressed. Look at brum either side of his appointment, they were and now are again awful without him.

The right fit, maybe, maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why, because he's a lower league manager? 

If you judge him on what he did at Burton and what he did at Birmingham then I fail to see how anyone couldn't be impressed. Look at brum either side of his appointment, they were and now are again awful without him.

The right fit, maybe, maybe not.

Genuine question  -why was he sacked from Brum?

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Genuine question  -why was he sacked from Brum?

I think they were bought over by foreign owners and instantly he was replaced by Zola.

Certainly wasn't down to results. He was doing an amazing job with that Birmingham squad.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wouldn't sign a new contract I read... and probably the usual story with many foreign owners, seduced by names as we've seen ourselves a few times.

11 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think they were bought over by foreign owners and instantly he was replaced by Zola.

Certainly wasn't down to results. He was doing an amazing job with that Birmingham squad.

He was on 5Live the night of CR sacking and without being too pushy was certainly ruling himself absolutely "IN'" if he was approached.

Why are people saying Shakey till the end of the season then if we stay up sort it in the summer. 13 games surely if he keeps us up well he should get the job.

For me if he keeps us up let him sort his backroom staff and give him the job.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

He was on 5Live the night of CR sacking and without being too pushy was certainly ruling himself absolutely "IN'" if he was approached.

Surely if he wants the job he should approach us. Or does he think he is Jose?

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Surely if he wants the job he should approach us. Or does he think he is Jose?

Maybe he has ..... but it was only a few hours after and he was on the radio .... trying to sound sorry for CR whilst keeping the door firmly open for an approach.

Archived