Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

In relation to Guus Hiddink, the BBC and others write, 'is not familiar with fighting relegation'.

Sincerely, if anybody has an opinion on this can somebody please explain why the lack of fighting relegation would be a requirement. Is it a mental thing? I just see winning games as the best experience to have. 

It would be a bit of a risk, but I don't think I would be overly against going for Jaap Stam- playing good football with Reading who were awful before he took over, should be easy enough to prise away from them because it's Reading, he's a big enough name to command respect and he was a defender, so should presumably be able to see where we're going wrong at the back.

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It would be a bit of a risk, but I don't think I would be overly against going for Jaap Stam- playing good football with Reading who were awful before he took over, should be easy enough to prise away from them because it's Reading, he's a big enough name to command respect and he was a defender, so should presumably be able to see where we're going wrong at the back.

I bet he's still quicker than Hoof & Morgan and could do a job playing ?

Stam or Wagner are preferable to messrs Pardew/Hodgson/Grant. 

LCFC would do worse than selecting Hodgson. He's English, knows the EPL, has managed at International level and can handle prima-donnas.

Any talk of Pearson or O'Neill is looking backwards. Pardew, no thanks and the rest supposedly in line are mere also-rans.

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

LCFC would do worse than selecting Hodgson. He's English, knows the EPL, has managed at International level and can handle prima-donnas.

Any talk of Pearson or O'Neill is looking backwards. Pardew, no thanks and the rest supposedly in line are mere also-rans.

What evidence is there that he can handle prima-donas? He was awful at that for England.

49 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Hodgson put Harry Kane on corners and free kicks and played Rooney centre mid

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I'm all for everyone having an opinion whether I agree or disagree but on this occasion I can't hold myself back....**** OFF!

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I thought he didn't manage at an international level, that was the problem. 

Looks like Rowett is the only one that wants the job so far it seems.

I don't mind him he is a young English manager who has a bright future in the game the work he did at Burton Albion and Birmingham City was decent. Whether he can cut it in the Premier league and help us survive remains to be seen but I would be willing to take the gamble. 

Would the the players respect him though that's the big question? ; Demarai Gray would.

He seems in the Nigel Pearson Mould without the baggage and lest we forget he played for us and holds us in some esteem.

Hiddink and O'Neill are the standout names for me, but if we cannot get them then Rowett deserves a chance.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

This is one type of bullying I hate,intellectual bullying !

Just because you believe you are more intellectual than other posters it doesn't give you the divine right to attack other posters and their comments with your pompous arrogant attitude !!

We can all look up big words on google to sound cleverer than we are,but you actually try and humiliate someone with your big words that you recently googled !!

Get a life !!

I find the concept of football fans despising "arrogance" as laughable. Presumably you don't get to meet many footballers or any other kind of person with supreme confidence in their ability.

Oh  yes, some hide it well enough. But that doesn't change the inner person or ever want him or her to consider themselves among the ranks of no-hopers or non-achievers. Doctors, lecturers, scientists are just three fields where the people I've met are about as arrogant as they come. 

But that doesn't mean you can't admire them for what they do rather than your (likely misguided perception) of what they're like (a judgement which suggests arrogance in itself and on your part)

The above is a generic comment. As for "Gerbold" specifically I've always found him one of the most constructive commentators on here, whatever words he chooses to use.

My impression is of a man with a thoughtful, rational style, rather than some sort of verbal bully.

But, perhaps most important, he takes time to make his own valued contribution to what is arguably the best and most varied fans site I've come across. And quite why you should feel free to judge, intimidate or berate the personality of someone I doubt you've ever met, I don't know.

But it's just another form of arrogance as far as I can see. And just as bullying in its own way.

It also smacks of class consciousness. As in the "intellectual" compared with the "ordinary man", whoever he is. And nothing, in my view, demeans the "ordinary man2 more.

It suggests the "ordinary man" can't abide the intellectual because he needs to "look up" the words he might use.

As if he has to.

The "ordinary man" needs no more to apologise for being himself than the intellectual or anyone else. 

I'm not much for organised religion but the Biblical phrase, "judge not that ye be not judged," seems appropriate.

I prefer this forum to have the flotsom and jetsam of different personalities rather than your seeming desire for everyone to be set in your mould. And what kind of words they use matters not at all if they get their point over.     

Gary Rowett for me, purely because i think we are getting relegated anyway, and are going to need rebuilding in the Championship.

Rowett done an excellent job at Burton, and was doing a great job at Birmingham, with little or no resources to work with in the Championship, until he was bizarrely sacked.

It may not be the most high profile appointment, but if we go down, we don`t need high profile , we need someone used to working with championship players, who can hopefully get us back up as soon as possible.

Just saw an interesting thing on SSN. Merson said he heard someone suggest we should test the waters with Silva at Hull. Rated him before he joined them, and to be perfectly honest I was surprised he took the job. 

Maybe worth a try? Mind you, Hull would hate us even more than they already do lol 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Was out of his depth at the top tier in Scotland.... No thanks.

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Spot on mate - he failed in the Scottish Pub League.

Archived