Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

For me if Sevilla score first it changes absolutely nothing.

We are so poor defensively that if anyone thinks we're winning this one or two nil they're deluded. We should just focus on scoring 2+ goals and pray that our defence can hold strong and only concede once.

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We won't score three against their defence in 90 mins

V unlikely to keep a clean sheet

best I can see is pens on the back of a 2-1

my gut feeling is they will manage the game and pinch a goal around 70 mins. 

However, if we can get a cold, wet and windy  evening then they may be well outside their comfort zone 

It's your subconscious mixing this up with Atletico Madrid in some weird deja vu.

11 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

For me, its all about 'that goal'

Take away Vardy's goal and, in my opinion, this game would have been over.

Yes we'd have given it our all, but without 'that goal' I really doubt we'd have had a realistic chance of winning it.

But we do, and that's enough for me to be confident enough for us to progress further. 

Since the final whistle of the first leg in Seville, for the major posters on here, everything that happened turned out just the way they wanted i.e Ranieri sacked, have returned to playing our football and have had their balls drop back into place.

For this game against Sevilla, everything is in place, confidence, spirit, fearlessness. Add into that the 4 day bender in UAE and the return of the smile to the KP, this has every ingredient to be the most memorable game in our history, so far.

I didn't see the match yesterday against Hull, but after seeing the highlights, I had goosebumps seeing the celebrations and reactions from the players. There's been so much healing in this past week and that's why I'm going home win and a spot in the quarter finals.

Has to be the same team that played Liverpool and Hull, but also the whole squad to come out with an overall game plan to deal with all scenario's, and In Slimani, Chilwell, Gray, Amartey and King we really have those options. 

Yes, Sevilla are a classy team, but their failed chances will come back to haunt them.

Come on Leggeh! 

The beauty of that Vardy goal is that we can still concede first and not be out of the tie.

I'm happy for this to be 0-0 at the 70 minute mark as they will feel the pressure more than us going into the last 20 mins as they have the tie to lose.

An Ulloa moment like Norwich would be amazing if not great for the old ticker. Please at least one more European away day. 

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Genuinely excited with this one. Part of me wishes the 14 day break doesn't come before just to keep the moment going.

Our change of manager has made me dream again. So, 1-0 City and Juventus in the quarter finals.

It's a 10 day break, ideal preperation for what is now our biggest game of the season.

I'm hoping this is the perfect storm. We don't have an FA Cup QF to distract us and have 10 days to prepare. Win this and 6-7pts from West Ham (a), Stoke (h) and Sunderland (h) means we can rest the first team for Everton (a) for the QF and give everything for the Champions League.

I can dream can't I? :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Sevillista1 said:

Not underestimating at all. But I'm afraid, and just as predicted in the first leg about a narrow win of Sevilla, the return one will be a boring and at times ugly game, because we (not proud btw) can make it such when needed. It's our time to kill the game off, and I doubt Leicester could score more than 1, but that is all what is needed so... it will again be tight. Any of these results will go:  0-0, 1-1, 1-0...

I hope you do come to protect what you have. 

The onus is on Sevilla to go through as you've competed with arguably the best two teams in Europe this season. We've been one of the worst teams in the Premier League this season so all the expectation is on Sevilla.

The longer it stays 0-0 up until about 70 mins and I'll be happy with that. It only takes a bit of brilliance from Mahrez, a Vardy through ball or Slimani header as we throw caution to the wind and we go through.The pressure is all on Sevilla.

6 hours ago, Sevillista1 said:

Hmmm.... how will you score if Sevilla decides to play it safe with 3 DM's and keep possession while seeking to counter (same like vs. Lyon and Juve away in group stage). It's a wrong approach as a fan to see everything as black and white. Sevilla wants to go through also. We're not Barca to attack 90 minutes for the sake of the prestige.... we want to go through and get any result that is necessary to do that. You will actually not believe how ugly and boring the game will get, while you'll be disappointed to not make any clear chance on goal because of the lack of gaps for counters or surprise attacks. The most you could actually do is set pieces, and Sevilla are great at defending them (this season at least).

It will be nothing like the first match where you saw that fast pace attacking and Futsal-alike movement. For the sake of your expectations, just refer to the games of Lyon vs. Sevilla and Juve vs. Sevilla in groups, if you have the nerve to watch them and you'll have a better understanding of what to expect for this return leg.

May the best team go through anyway!

Guillem Balague has commented that Sevilla are looking very tired recently and the season appears to be catching up with you?

You also have 2 more games before you play us I believe?  

You will be playing a fired up, rejuvenated and rested Leicester team with a loud and passionate crowd behind them........ don't count your chickens! 

7 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Guillem Balague has commented that Sevilla are looking very tired recently and the season appears to be catching up with you?

You will be playing a fired up, rejuvenated and rested Leicester team with a loud and passionate crowd behind them........ don't count your chickens! 

Blue Armie!

24 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The game style is definitely taking its toll lately. Though I see the last few performances more as saving for more important matches to come, and we've been grinding out wins in some really weird ways, though mostly dominating, but still, we're not in the best form at the moment.

However, this game style is the only way to be up there in the third, so for the fans it is a good thing, not sure how the players will cope with it until the end, there's a lot to play for.

As for this tie to be honest, I see Sevilla going through only if we approach it intelligently. Any euphoria or loss of focus and we're out. If we will eventually be out, the first leg approach is all to blame, for not pushing for more. This is like having a boxer on the ropes during a fight, not knocking him down but winning the round on points, the boxes rests and rejuvenates and wants revenge, so what does the other boxer have to do? fight wisely, not bravely, or else we get KO'ed in this case.

24 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The game style is definitely taking its toll lately. Though I see the last few performances more as saving for more important matches to come, and we've been grinding out wins in some really weird ways, though mostly dominating, but still, we're not in the best form at the moment.

However, this game style is the only way to be up there in the third, so for the fans it is a good thing, not sure how the players will cope with it until the end, there's a lot to play for.

As for this tie to be honest, I see Sevilla going through only if we approach it intelligently. Any euphoria or loss of focus and we're out. If we will eventually be out, the first leg approach is all to blame, for not pushing for more. This is like having a boxer on the ropes during a fight, not knocking him down but winning the round on points, the boxes rests and rejuvenates and wants revenge, so what does the other boxer have to do? fight wisely, not bravely, or else we get KO'ed in this case.

2 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

Yes you definitely didn't take the opportunities your dominance warranted from the first tie, that is why ,if I were a Sevilla fan I would be concerned.

Whatever,  I'm sure it will be a cracking night and underestimating us could be very dangerous! 

1 hour ago, Sevillista1 said:

Well, your boxer was not as formidable as announced in the previews. With the 4-0 thrashings of Barca and Villareal and the inconsistent performances of the Madrid teams, LaLiga teams seem not to be in their best forms currently.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

The beauty of that Vardy goal is that we can still concede first and not be out of the tie.

I'm happy for this to be 0-0 at the 70 minute mark as they will feel the pressure more than us going into the last 20 mins as they have the tie to lose.

An Ulloa moment like Norwich would be amazing if not great for the old ticker. Please at least one more European away day. 

LOVE THIS. One more European Away Day too please.

Now I'm a believer, I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried.... 

Absolutely nothing to lose, get at them. We can rattle these just like we rattled every team in the league last year. 

Cant see us progressing, think it will finish either 1-1 or 2-1 Sevilla, but it should be a great night regardless. Likely to be our last European night for a long old while so we need to make the most of it!

I really can't see us winning this 1-0, I just don't think we're good enough defensively.

I do think we've got enough to win it though. I think how poor we were in the away leg made Sevilla look better than they are, and if we come out all guns blazing and get the first goal early-ish, it could throw them a little.

I think it'll be a really nervous game for us but I'm really excited for it.

Think this will be a cracking match and I'm confident we will stun the football world once again with a 3-1 win. Confidence is key and Seville messed up when given a huge advantage last game playing a screwed up Leicester. They had everything laid out for them to smash us 5 nil. 

We have a new attitude and solidarity they won't be prepared for. The

relentless pressure will get to them.

We are still very much second favourites here. Sevilla need to have a serious off day and we need to have a great one to flip this tie around. Don't rate the likelihood of us going through more than 20%. But this team have overcome far worse odds than that for two seasons running...

7 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

For me if Sevilla score first it changes absolutely nothing.

We are so poor defensively that if anyone thinks we're winning this one or two nil they're deluded. We should just focus on scoring 2+ goals and pray that our defence can hold strong and only concede once.

Not saying it's going to happen again, but this season (CL and EPL combined) Leicester has kept seven or eight clean sheets while Sevilla has been shut out six times. 1-0 is possible.

Improbable, but possible.

Archived