Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Pretty sure the ref decides pre-game now rather than a coin toss. So it'll almost definitely be infront of the Family Stand if it comes to that.

20.04 The referee decides which goal will be used for the kicks: a. If either goal could be used for the kicks, then, in the presence of the two captains, the referee tosses a coin to decide which goal will be used. b. For reasons of safety/security, state of the field of play, lighting or other similar reasons, the referee may decide which goal will be used without tossing a coin. Such decisions are final and require no justification.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/35/87/89/2358789_DOWNLOAD.pdf

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

I thought they got reset after this game? 

Could be chatting shite though. 

The Emergency Panel decided that, as of this season, all yellow cards from the beginning of the group stage will expire on completion of the quarter-finals. Bookings will therefore not be carried forward to the semi-finals. 

Suspensions accrued will still count until the 2nd leg of the QFs. If Slimani picked up another caution in the 2nd leg of the QF (should we progress) then he would not be suspended for the potential semi-final.

I really do think to win we will need to score at least 3 at home.

I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet against them.

Fantastic we have found a bit of form and confidence though - lets go score 4.

Tickets all sorted and can't wait either after the encouraging trip to Seville. Our League victories emphasised that we really can approach one game at a time and the confidence built by those last results should surely have us fired up and ready to show our visitors exactly why we won the Premiership title.

Never mind Ranieri and his balloon-bursting "40 points" comment. Let's show our visitors that was only the start and this team can look any challenge in the eyes. Someone's gotta win the game and it might as well be us. 

7 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Tickets all sorted and can't wait either after the encouraging trip to Seville. Our League victories emphasised that we really can approach one game at a time and the confidence built by those last results should surely have us fired up and ready to show our visitors exactly why we won the Premiership title.

Never mind Ranieri and his balloon-bursting "40 points" comment. Let's show our visitors that was only the start and this team can look any challenge in the eyes. Someone's gotta win the game and it might as well be us. 

I echo these sentiments entirely. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still can't believe Ben Yedder didn't play any part in the first leg, scored again tonight.

They had a big derby game against Betis 3 days after our game so they saved him for that I think. 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

They had a big derby game against Betis 3 days after our game so they saved him for that I think. 

Seems a ridiculous thing to do, they aren't winning the league but are capable of winning the champs league. Just shows they didn't respect us as much as they said they did and hopefully we can repay them by knocking them out next week!

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Seems a ridiculous thing to do, they aren't winning the league but are capable of winning the champs league. Just shows they didn't respect us as much as they said they did and hopefully we can repay them by knocking them out next week!

If they win tonight they are 2 points off top. No reason they can't win it with barca being inconsistent and real missing Bale. 

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Never mind Ranieri and his balloon-bursting "40 points" comment.

That is great!!

CR was castigated in this forum for prioritizing the CL over

the PL. But by doing that, he got us to the knock-out stage.

And now, people like you, are implying , that he had nothing

to do with it.

It's disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Watched a bit of the Alaves Sevilla game tonight and they've been very unimpressive. 

Can absolutely hurt them sliding balls into the channels for Vardy.

They seemed to struggle with Alaves' constant pressing, and like you say, plenty of room in behind their full backs. Very naive in their approach at times, throwing people forward when under pressure. If they play like that next week, they're tailor-made for us.

They were seriously poor today and if alaves had someone who could finish they would have comfortably won. They hit the woodwork a couple of times and missed some guilt edge chances. As someone above mentioned they looked jaded and tired and flustered under pressure from alaves.

With our regained style we have a real chance here. Should be noted though they were missing Nasri who is very influential for them

We've a puncher's chance in this one. The away goal changes the complexion of the tie completely. With Ranieri sacked, I've no idea what to expect. I've renewed optimism from the last 2 league performances. I wouldn't put it past us to get a grubby 1-0 and get to the quarters. But Just as likely we'll lose 1-3. Too tough to call.

This will probably be the last time we'll be in the Champions League...for a while...hopefully. Lets enjoy it for what it is, an unbelievable thing for this football club something I'd never have expected in my wildest and most optimistic dreams!

I'm so excited for this game, so much so I feel like a kid again, it truly is something I never thought we'd see.

To think we only need to win by the narrowest of wins (1-0) and we're through makes my heart skip a beat!!

I said as much to the Mrs and she called me an immature child... bit harsh I thought.

so I planted some lego on the floor outside the bedroom door.

It may prove her point but hearing her swear makes me laugh.

2-0 Morgan and mahrez

They have a game on Saturday where as we are in form and will be well rested from a weeks rest. We have no match between and after watching them seems our recent form may hurt them. 

In fact Sevilla has had a mad run of fixtures. We can focus on nothing but this match for 10 days. We will be rested, healthy, and home. I think we must go through!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived