Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

18 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still can't believe Ben Yedder didn't play any part in the first leg, scored again tonight.

18 hours ago, Koke said:

They had a big derby game against Betis 3 days after our game so they saved him for that I think. 

No, Jovetic is just first choice.

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Out for the season? :revenge: he played ok against the mighty milwall 

He looked deece tbf. Hope he's back sooner. I think Huths legs have gone. I was hoping to blend him into the back four, during the tail end of the season.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Away goes after 90 minutes. Only the League Cup is AET

Just to be pedantic, it is both after 90 mins and 120 mins. If the score it 2-1 at FT and 3-2 AET then Sevilla would progress.

Kind of makes a mockery of the rule to do it in ET as you have an additional 30 mins the home team doesn't have to score a double goal.

Very excited for this, might shed a tear when the Champions League music comes on for what could well be the last time I'll hear it at the King Power in my lifetime.

Of course if we get through I'll do the same again all the way to Cardiff hopefully :P

These two league wins have really added great expectations and genuine hope of a cupset here for us. 

1 hour ago, FraserSorensen said:

We need the Birch back well again to do this on Tuesday night every time Vardy bangs one in.

If only! 

Its crazy how passionate some of the stadium announcers are in different countries whereas in England the majority are boring and monotone in comparison. 

I'm not digging at the birch he is actually quite passionate once he gets going.

On 06/03/2017 at 21:42, Ted Maul said:

They seemed to struggle with Alaves' constant pressing, and like you say, plenty of room in behind their full backs. Very naive in their approach at times, throwing people forward when under pressure. If they play like that next week, they're tailor-made for us.

Same against Eibar. They were really unnerved by their high pressing. Still won 2-0 though.

So important that we are tenacious and unsettle them from the kick off.

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

So you no longer see a future for Amartey there? 

The boy/management need to pick a position and bloody stick with it. No point him fannying around in CB RB and CM and not really developing anywhere in particular. Doesn't want to become a bit part player that fills in when needed, and I think he is better than that. Versatility is good though and remember Walsh saying it's something lcfc have looked for over the years in players so managers can switch systems easily during games.

Think Amartey should settle down as a CB personally, has exactly the right attributes to play there or as a dominant CDM, but his passing lets him down in midfield.

Archived