Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone got a sneaky feeling that we're going through?

To be fair, I had that feeling after the 2-1 and feel it even more strongly now that we have hit some, much needed, form.

I have a strong suspicion we'll beat them 3-1

I can't allow myself that positivity. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Despite our recent upturn in form I still think Sevilla will score early and kill the tie off.

Well you needn't worry to much as that wouldn't kill the tie off. We'd then need to score twice to take it to extra time.

A second goal for Sevilla would kill the tie off.

Well it's good to see the confidence back that's for sure, we also have a 100% home record in the champions league so surely we should be able to give them a match. The big concern that I do have though is our defence which considering how away goals count double as such could prove to be our Achilles heal. It's going to be a difficult one to call but should we pull it off I think it's only fair Shakey gets a knighthood!!! 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair, I had that feeling after the 2-1 and feel it even more strongly now that we have hit some, much needed, form.

For sure we ought to be in exactly the right frame of mind to spring an upset and what a thrill it would be for Shakespeare so early in his managerial life. . 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yes. Think we win 1-0 personally. Slimani header.. 

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Trouble is we are still conceding goals

Which means we will need three again.......... Please

Or I'll buy the Pizza's if they need inspiration, they're only a quid each in Iceland  :whistle:

Well 2-1 will do then win on penalties lol

Filbo Way will be rocking like never before for this one. The team will be refreshed and raring to go. And we are only one goal away from the Champions League quarter-finals. That's right. The. Champions. League. Quarter-finals.

What's not to get hyper excited about?

Bring it on. Can't wait.

Bought a ticket for me and my dad the other week when we were well and truly in our slump, thought that though we were certain to be already thrashed but it's my first ever Champions League game so I'd just make the most of it.

But that second half and the last two games have really filled me with confidence - we can actually win this!!!!! And we've got a nice long break beforehand too.

So excited!!

We won't score three against their defence in 90 mins

V unlikely to keep a clean sheet

best I can see is pens on the back of a 2-1

my gut feeling is they will manage the game and pinch a goal around 70 mins. 

However, if we can get a cold, wet and windy  evening then they may be well outside their comfort zone 

Playing as we are now we can cause them a lot of problems. The KP will be rocking too. They are understandably favourites but glad the fans and players get a chance to see a tie we are very much in with a shout of progressing in. Would have been a disaster to be out of the tie before the home leg. UTF we can win this. It's a big ask no question but we can go through. Even if they score at least now we are playing like last year and not folding. 

A lot of people in various threads posting as if we are already through. :rolleyes:

This will be a big ask.

People should enjoy the Champions League atmosphere (there is a possibility we will never experience it again),  make a lot of noise and hope that the newly invigorated Shakespeare's Leicester City put on a show.

So excited for this.

:scarf:

Before the Sevilla match I honestly thought that we would be playing the home tie after being humiliated in the first leg.

Luckily we are still in with a chance of progressing & at the same time we've just hit a bit of form and look more like last seasons champions! 

They have an amazing record in Europe so I'm not expecting an easy match at all. As long as the players give it their all and the atmosphere is amazing I'll be happy either way at full time. 

For me, its all about 'that goal'

Take away Vardy's goal and, in my opinion, this game would have been over.

Yes we'd have given it our all, but without 'that goal' I really doubt we'd have had a realistic chance of winning it.

But we do, and that's enough for me to be confident enough for us to progress further. 

Since the final whistle of the first leg in Seville, for the major posters on here, everything that happened turned out just the way they wanted i.e Ranieri sacked, have returned to playing our football and have had their balls drop back into place.

For this game against Sevilla, everything is in place, confidence, spirit, fearlessness. Add into that the 4 day bender in UAE and the return of the smile to the KP, this has every ingredient to be the most memorable game in our history, so far.

I didn't see the match yesterday against Hull, but after seeing the highlights, I had goosebumps seeing the celebrations and reactions from the players. There's been so much healing in this past week and that's why I'm going home win and a spot in the quarter finals.

Has to be the same team that played Liverpool and Hull, but also the whole squad to come out with an overall game plan to deal with all scenario's, and In Slimani, Chilwell, Gray, Amartey and King we really have those options. 

Yes, Sevilla are a classy team, but their failed chances will come back to haunt them.

Come on Leggeh! 

Archived