Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

Stat time

• West Ham have lost as many games against Leicester in their last five (4), as they did in the previous 25 combined (all comps).
  • Leicester are unbeaten in five matches in all competitions against West Ham, winning four and drawing one.
  • The Foxes have kept just one clean sheet in their last 21 away matches against West Ham (1-0 in August 2000), with Tim Flowers in goal for Leicester City that day.
  • Leicester City midfielder Andy King has scored in two of his last three matches against West Ham in all competitions.
  • Leicester City are two goals away from netting their 500th Premier League goal (498 currently).
  • Andy Carroll (49 goals) is one goal away from 50 Premier League goals, with 29 of his goals so far coming in a West Ham United shirt.
  • Since his debut in September 2012, Andy Carroll has appeared in just 94 of West Ham’s 178 Premier League matches (53%) and played just 40% of possible minutes (6472).
  • Leicester City have won all seven Premier League matches that they have been leading this season and are the only side yet to drop a point from a winning position.
  • However, Leicester haven’t scored the first goal in any of their 13 Premier League away games this season – the only side not to do this.
  • Craig Shakespeare has won both of his Premier League games in charge of Leicester City so far – no previous Leicester boss has won their opening three Premier League games in charge of the club.

West Ham played Chelsea Monday night then Bournemouth Saturday so two in twelve days.

We have had one in fourteen and a break in Dubai so can't see can't see the need to make changes to a winning side.

Got a great chance of a win.

West Ham are in the dumps and we've got an excellent record against them recently. I imagine CS has rightfully given the starters against Sevilla a proper rest and some recovery sessions in training - no need to change a winning team playing with that intensity. If we show up like we have done in the past 3 games we should do a job.

24 minutes ago, bpfox said:

i think the same side to start with, and after 60 min give mahrez and allbrighton a break. bring on gray and armarty. let shinji do his thing till 65 min and then Slimani a . 

25 minutes ago, bpfox said:

i think the same side to start with, and after 60 min give mahrez and allbrighton a break. bring on gray and armarty. let shinji do his thing till 65 min and then slimania.

Teams should be scared of us the way we are playing again 

keep the same side if we need to make changes later that's fine 

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

this west ham fan sounds worried :) praises us a lot.

How did a Leicester fan, get the money to rig out his room in Wham parafenalia, and team kit...

This guy you see at Leicester every week...:P

Actually feeling confident about this one, almost that last season feeling! 

Same team, keep the momentum going, the players will not want to stop after the last few games. 

Will be interesting to see if Shakey makes any tactical (vs personnel) changes for his first away game in charge. I don't think he will. The LFC and Sevilla games were almost like away games, with the exception that we dominated possession for the first 15-20. I think this approach will be the same on Saturday. Get into them, rattle them and build  our confidence. Then settle into our counter attacking style, hopefully once we are a goal up. 

Would take a point here to keep the momentum going. 

Slimani to start for me to rest Vardy or Okazaki and West Ham have a lot of height at the back and front, Slimani can help at both ends.

Gray to start for Albrighton. I'm worried Albrighton is going to burn out, want him to stay fresh.

Amartey to start for Simpson to avoid Simpson burning out too. Simpson and Albrighton were slogging their guts out Tuesday. 

Definitely 3 or 4 changes for this one to keep players fresh. 

Fresh fresh fresh. 

30 minutes ago, maddog said:

Would take a point here to keep the momentum going. 

Slimani to start for me to rest Vardy or Okazaki and West Ham have a lot of height at the back and front, Slimani can help at both ends.

Gray to start for Albrighton. I'm worried Albrighton is going to burn out, want him to stay fresh.

Amartey to start for Simpson to avoid Simpson burning out too. Simpson and Albrighton were slogging their guts out Tuesday. 

Definitely 3 or 4 changes for this one to keep players fresh. 

Fresh fresh fresh. 

Same team for me.  Keep the momentum going, the same we did last season.  Fresh for what?  We don't play again until 1 April after this.

16 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do we think Shakey might have a slight tweak to his plan/formation for Away matches?

Oh yer amazing to think hes not had a away game with us yet if we do win this we have well and truly turned the corner 

I think we should shakey it up (ok I tried!) a little after that night.

The emotions running high and all absolutely worked their socks off. It's important we keep the squad fresh though and we have no "hangover effect" or complacency. Also doesn't alienate those being sidelined.

That's not to say wholesale changes as we still need to win of course. But maybe give one or two a break. Gray for Mahrez perhaps. And possibly give Shinji a rest too for this one. 

Seriously cannot wait though! A first away win would go a long way in keeping this momentum till the end of the season.

4 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

Same team for me.  Keep the momentum going, the same we did last season.  Fresh for what?  We don't play again until 1 April after this.

A place on the bench for this game for a few players wouldn't hurt that's what the squad is for. 

Much greater risk of injuries particularly to Vardy/Albrighton/Simpson who generally have to run around a lot more to make up for their lower technical abilities. 

Can't understand what anyone thinks we are keeping these players fresh for? Barcelona? We're 3 points above the self-destruct zone. Let's not forget that. One bad set of results this weekend and we are staring at 'go back to the Old Kent Road'. 

Good news!!  Merson has predicted a 3-1 win for WestHam.

Merson has predicteed defeats for Leicester consistently throughout the last 2 years - coincides with the most spectacular two years in the clubs history!

Merson = TOSS#R !

I wonder why i have to uninstall, then reinstall this app every time i want to make a comment. Any ideas? ( or mebee my comments are just simply too boring!)

Archived