Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

Expecting a couple of changes for this.

Slimani in for Shinji. Slim has a bit to prove and is worth trying out. Gray would be another.

Tough game after the exertions last night but still have a bit to play for.  Defence must be jaded though which is a worry.

Winnit!

Not a huge game but it'd be nice to keep up momentum. Nothing to fear that's for sure.

They ain't a bad side but don't see many creative players in that side since Payet left. Antonio is decent and Carroll is always a danger although I think Huth and Wes will relish the battle with him

2-1 City

We have just had 10 days off and got the international break after this. More of the same please. Change tired legs in the 2nd half. We need to get the away win monkey off our backs and they have been woeful at home this season. 3 points here and we can look towards mid table. I would take a point though.

They need to get their heads straight, that's more important than tiredness. The hangover from winning the title lasted 6 months....they have to come down from the high and find level ground. So tough though. Especially as the draw is on Friday which is an unwelcome distraction. Not being in the draw of course, just the timing. 

If we play with the same passion and spirit and determination as well as self belief then we should win this, it all depends on the players mental strength and attitude as well as their application. hopefully they won't be going oh it's another league game and can carry the euphoria of the Champions league into the league games

I'm sure they will all have had today off. back tomorrow to get ready for WH game. I expect Shaky to lplay with the same team but I wouldn't be surprised if he rested a few given the shift they put in last night. West Ham are struggling a bit lately and if anyone can handle Carroll it's us. I'm sure Morgan and Huth will love the challenge. All in all I'd take a draw but I really feel with the same attitude as last night we can win easily.

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

There should be a bit of rotation, they can't play at that intensity every single game.

Give Ulloa, King, Chilwell etc a look in.

I think we'll lose, but it won't be the end of the world, even if posts in here suggest that it is.

No rotation.

If we can beat Wast Ham (a), Stoke (h) and Sunderland (h) we'll have 36 pts and almost safe and we can select the first XI for the CL and play the squad players for Everton (a) and Palace (a). 

A win against west Ham would be huge not only for PL survival but the CL, West Ham should be treated like a cup final.

International break after this game - let's stick with this winning team! Yes I naturally expect yesterday will have taken a lot out of them, but momentum and confidence can be a hell of a booster. One big push and we might challenge for that elusive away league win.

West Ham will be under pressure to attack us, and win the game, could suit us.

If we have turned the corner an away win is needed, as we still haven't got one.

Looking at the fixtures, we need to pick up a couple of away wins, as we still have plenty of away games, and don't want to get into the position where we have to win all our home games

5 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I am sure Ranieri is thinking the same. Should give Leo a go. SLIM IS NOT CUTTING THE MUSTARD.

Also should either Start or sub on Chilwell

Wouldn't touch the defence, I'd bring slimani and Gray in for Vardy/Shinji and Mahrez

With an another break coming up. If we have no knocks, then samo samo..

Tempted to take off a couple , a little earlier than usual. 

Interesting to see how Shakespeare sees it. Hes the the boss, time to earn his reputation....

Tough decision for Shakey, whether he changes things or not. If he does and we lose, then he could be heavily criticised.

I do think changes could be needed though, as we can't underestimate how energy sapping last night could have been.

Who though?! We've got Slimani, Chilwell, Gray and Amartey who I would perhaps consider, with Ulloa and King maybe featuring too.

I suspect Shakey will play it safe and go with the same team again, but look to make 2 quick changes at half-time if needed.

I think we have to squeeze every last drop of resurgance from this new 'new old' Leicester team that Shakey has reverted to.

So, same team, same energy, same 60 minutes for Okazaki and same acting from Vardy. 

Rotation and rests will be essential, but why not think about that for the Everton away game.

For now though, let's get that gap to relegation widened. 

Archived