Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Heard Antonio is a doubt for the game, plus Noble is out

Where did you hear that? He was suspended but was back for Bournemouth. Noble has caused a bit of a stir this past week basically calling a load of the West ham fans tourists.

My mate is a big fan and he reckons we will smash them as they are all over the place form wise and still not got any confidence at home. I'm not so sure, they are a very good side on their day so it could go either way. We have had 3 home wins but will the confidence be as high away??

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You must be younger than many on here to think that about what was a traditional bogey team for us, especially on our travels.

last season was our our first victory at the Boleyn since Richard iii was strutting around the fields of s leics. 

we have won 1 and drawn 1 of our last two home games and won and lost our last two away (ignoring the league cup win)

so inc the league cup thats

P5.  W3. D1. L1

not bad but not quite what you thought............

i wonder if we will see the 3-5-2 from the great escape resurface at some point? 

April is a month of 8 fixtures (assuming a re arranged one is stuck into that last week which it has to ). We really need to get those points on the board 

The only history worth considering is the recent history! 

And I was including the cup game in that lot too. We have been their bogey side for a few seasons is all I meant.. 

The feel good from todays draw I'm sure will help. Shakey can use it. We have a great chance to progress and the players will know they are playing for a place. Not only a quarters but a possible semi final.

Tired no they should not be but any knocks they may get rested as the real work starts in two weeks. Then its full pelt into the league and possible semi final. The wham result could have a huge bearing on the rest of our season and future.

7 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Where did you hear that? He was suspended but was back for Bournemouth. Noble has caused a bit of a stir this past week basically calling a load of the West ham fans tourists.

From the Guardian;

Doubtful Antonio (shoulder), Snodgrass (ankle)

Injured Noble (dead leg, 1 Apr), Sakho (back, 1 Apr), Ogbonna (knee, Aug), Arbeloa (calf, unknown), Töre (knee, unknown)

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

From the Guardian;

Injured Noble (dead leg, 1 Apr), Sakho (back, 1 Apr), Ogbonna (knee, Aug), Arbeloa (calf, unknown), Töre (knee, unknown)

Thats bollox they are saying Carol is fit? lol

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

From the Guardian;

Same article also says Drinkwater is out with a groin injury, so would take what they say with pinch of salt.

Everywhere else, has Antonio in the starting line-up but no Noble. Antonio is the one I would have preferred to be out but still fairly confident on this one. 

If Carroll is on it we could be in for a difficult afternoon.

I mean if I were him i'd be pretty pissed off if Marcus bleeding Rashford was in the England squad ahead of me.

41 minutes ago, the fox said:

I dont know way, but I like slaven biliç, he seems like a good guy that wants nothing but the best for his players.

I find him alright too.

But his limping walk-style and his rough speech-style makes part of me perceive him as some type of fraud.

54 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I find him alright too.

But his limping walk-style and his rough speech-style makes part of me perceive him as some type of fraud.

Man got that mean lumberjack look going on but he sounds nice in interviews. I guess he has those crazy eyes (same with klopp) that made them out to look a little "fake"

58cc849fb2b01_images(8).jpg.5139b9a19b7cd80327ab130b87b4448d.jpg58cc84c27092d_images(9).jpg.4c6f5854da158a7b309e1406cc2d6c63.jpg

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:04, Guy said:

I think it's good that this was a Tuesday match (instead of Wednesday, which the away tie in Sevilla was), so the players have an extra day to recover ahead of Saturday's game. A draw there would do nicely....but if the West Ham of earlier in the season turn up there then a win!

No the players have one less day t recover. The away leg was Wednesday but we played Liverpool on the Monday.

Bump so our match day thread doesn't get forgotten... Hope Shakey has the players concentrated!

I really hope Slim plays, not only to add some spice to the Shinji and Slim are different players debate.

Long afternoon I fear, so much effort went into Tuesday there could well be a hangover from it physically and mentally. We know we need to be on it 100% for our game to work.

Fingers crossed they are as bad as their fans think at the minute.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Bump so our match day thread doesn't get forgotten... Hope Shakey has the players concentrated!

I really hope Slim plays, not only to add some spice to the Shinji and Slim are different players debate.

What competition is this anyway? Or is it a friendly to keep us fit for the CL?

Shakey has a challenge getting the lads properly wound up and focused on this but it's important he does. That said with our re-found confidence and resilience plus West Ham being at home and a decent side, it has the makings of a draw and one that would probably be acceptable in the circumstances. That said it would be nice to get the away win that would boost our morale still further and if the boss manages to inspire that, it will be a really big bonus  My prediction: 2-2.     

Archived