Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, maddog said:

A place on the bench for this game for a few players wouldn't hurt that's what the squad is for. 

Much greater risk of injuries particularly to Vardy/Albrighton/Simpson who generally have to run around a lot more to make up for their lower technical abilities. 

It's all about opinions.  At the moment the league points have to be the priority.  I'll be very surprised to see anything other than the same starting 11. 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Critical three games for us coming up in the league. West Ham, Stoke and Sunderland. All winnable and nine points would likely take us to a lovely (but not certain) cushion for us to enjoy the QF matches even more than we will. 

I reckon 5 points would be enough to pull us out of danger. I would be delighted with 6, providing one of the wins was Sunderland.

Will be the exact same team + bench, and a win.

Absolutely would not take a single point if offered now.

No doubt Shakey will set the boys a goal of getting their first away win. They will respond to that.

I'm looking forward to Vardy rekindle his finishing, but more than that I'm looking forward to seeing Mahrez, and not to see him place some defenders on their arse. In the last two matches Mahrez's done fantastically defensively, a defense we've again protecting and using correctly especially with Ndidi, and if he continues to help there we're gradually approaching last season's glory. I loved the cheers we gave him for defensive work against Seville.

I would change it slightly, as it is an away game.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 with Amartey and Ndidi shielding the defence. Okazaki to drop out for Amartey.

Drinky to break forward more to fill the No10 void when in possession. 

All to press high up the pitch.

Watched a fair share of west ham games this season and I can tell you this.

The bad things

• Antonio is a good player with pace and power but he holds the ball too long sometimes
  • Lanzini is great, I would love to have him here, plays like coutinho
  • Cresswell is an amazing LB on offense so mahrez has to track back a lot
  • Ried, I like him a lot, a physical CB, beast in the air and can actually pass from behind. same with lanzini, I would love to have him here
  • Nobel, a Drinkwater type CM
  • They have good attacking options on the bench

The good things

• very suspect on the counter, man city and Chelsea players had a field day
  • They are not playing with a natural RB 
  • Can lose the ball in dangerous areas which leads to counter attacks
  • The defense looks shaky and players like vardy and slimani can do bits
  • The left side (mahrez's side) is a little suspect because cresswell attacks a lot and lanzini is usually the one starting attacks allowing space so they can get exposed easily
  • Huth and Morgan are dominant in the air and can control Andy Carroll

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

The bad things

The good things

• The left side (mahrez's side) is a little suspect because cresswell attacks a lot and lanzini is usually the one starting attacks allowing space so they can get exposed easily

Might be worth playing Mahrez (or Gray) on the left wing, Albrighton on the right? Or have them switch a lot like v Liverpool.

6 hours ago, the fox said:

The bad things

• Antonio is a good player with pace and power but he holds the ball too long sometimes
  • Ried, I like him a lot, a physical CB, beast in the air and can actually pass from behind. same with lanzini, I would love to have him here

The good things

Precisely why I can see us winning.

I actually don't think it's beyond us to go and hammer these. They're the biggest loose cannon team in the league. Capable of really turning it on but capable of being smashed to bits.

7 hours ago, the fox said:

The bad things

The good things

I heard he's dynamite..  :ph34r:

I can't believe the lack of belief on here today... We are playing Westham, not Barcelona. 

They're decent enough but come on!!! We beat them every season. I think we have won against them 6 times in a row now including cup games. 

The boys won't be tired. They had 10 days off before Sevilla. They might get tired around 60/70 minutes so we will need to be leading by then which I believe we will be. 

Westham 1-3 Leicester - standard Shakey scoreline. 

31 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I can't believe the lack of belief on here today... We are playing Westham, not Barcelona. 

They're decent enough but come on!!! We beat them every season. I think we have won against them 6 times in a row now including cup games. 

The boys won't be tired. They had 10 days off before Sevilla. They might get tired around 60/70 minutes so we will need to be leading by then which I believe we will be. 

Westham 1-3 Leicester - standard Shakey scoreline. 

You must be younger than many on here to think that about what was a traditional bogey team for us, especially on our travels.

last season was our our first victory at the Boleyn since Richard iii was strutting around the fields of s leics. 

we have won 1 and drawn 1 of our last two home games and won and lost our last two away (ignoring the league cup win)

so inc the league cup thats

P5.  W3. D1. L1

not bad but not quite what you thought............

i wonder if we will see the 3-5-2 from the great escape resurface at some point? 

April is a month of 8 fixtures (assuming a re arranged one is stuck into that last week which it has to ). We really need to get those points on the board 

I understand people's mention of Slimani as a replacement for Shinji against the Hammers and the excuse of slipping Gray in for the supposedly shattered Albrighton (promotional exercise for the youngster) but why change the dynamics of a winning team?

Slim will likely get half-an-hour whatever because Shinji's batteries run flat after an hour. As for Albrighton he's always knackered after any stint because he always gives his all even when playing badly never mind when he's as fired up as he has been of late.

But my guess is that the lightweight Albrighton's about as fast to recover as Vardy was from Nasri's attention the other night. And both he and Shinji are important cogs in our award-winning machine and not the parts you should be replacing or reconditioning if you wish to maintain the momentum of "now".

Ask either of those players if they're up to it so soon after Sevilla, or would rather have a day off, and I know exactly what the answer would be. Are Slim or Gray more likely to last an hour going flat out than Shinji or Albrighton? I don't think so from any of the evidence I've seen so far. Neither have been much more than part timer's since they've been here - in terms of minutes on the pitch - so I don't see either as capable of a 90-minute impact.

No, I'd go with an unchanged team and try to psyche the players into treating the occasion as yet another vital challenge through which our team of supposedly lazy, treacherous, can't be arsed flukists can put two fingers up to the ignoramuses of the London media yet again by saying "We don't need a rest, we don't mind playing two games in a week and we'll take on anyone, anytime if they fancy their chances.  

Our team doesn't need to be friends with the world of hypocrites, turncoats and bullshitters.

Just to fly that massive "dogs of war" flag for their own abilities and in support of their fabulous fans.                 

14 hours ago, the fox said:

The bad things

The good things

Heard Antonio is a doubt for the game, plus Noble is out

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

I understand people's mention of Slimani as a replacement for Shinji against the Hammers and the excuse of slipping Gray in for the supposedly shattered Albrighton (promotional exercise for the youngster) but why change the dynamics of a winning team?

Slim will likely get half-an-hour whatever because Shinji's batteries run flat after an hour. As for Albrighton he's always knackered after any stint because he always gives his all even when playing badly never mind when he's as fired up as he has been of late.

Yup, I think what we have is working too well at the moment and Shakespeare will not make changes to the team on Saturday in a million years. 

However, Gray and Slimani are worth a shout in our next league game as Okazaki and Riyad often seem jaded for the game right after internationals. 

I'd be happy with a point, not too bothered by a defeat, should it be a close match with us still managing to score and showing fight and zest.

But should we win, I'd be delighted and it will all but confirm for me that safety is just a matter of time and a few games.

Archived