Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

Need to get our head out of CL and into League mode or we could come down with a bump. A win today would mean more than 3 points for me, it means we are fully back on our game. I think Shakes will be winding them up about no away win.

Every time I've seen West Ham this season (which to be fair is probably only 7 or 8 times for the full game) they've been poor. They've been routed at home 3 or 4 times but seem to have a handy knack of picking up narrow home wins over the division's worst teams, of which we've been one for most of the season.

Much like Stoke it's hard to fathom that they're basically safe with 10 games to go.

We never deal well when they put lambrini on.  Hopefuly ndidi will help.

If we get a goal i think we  need to start playing out from the back.

Two nil up v sevilke and kaspa5er still booted the ball up.  There comes a point whete we must play it on the ground and pass it around

we need to back up the tremendous Sevilla result with a good performance and three points for our first league win in the premier League this season, so far our away form has been shocking and we need to vastly improve it and move up the table quickly. West Ham will be difficult and won't make it easy for us and they will want to get at us from the off. the players need to be focused and put the Euphoria of the Champions League to one side and realize that they need to start putting performances in the league at the forefront of their collective minds. we need the three points to create a bigger gap between us and the bottom three, the sooner we pull away from the relegation zone the better

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Gonna be stupidly optimistic and say right now we're on a winning run and this game is part of that run

Win this and I think that run you talk about is on and I am lumping on the title next season, now that's stupidly optimistic ?

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Every time I've seen West Ham this season (which to be fair is probably only 7 or 8 times for the full game) they've been poor. They've been routed at home 3 or 4 times but seem to have a handy knack of picking up narrow home wins over the division's worst teams, of which we've been one for most of the season.

Much like Stoke it's hard to fathom that they're basically safe with 10 games to go.

Helped by some decent away wins at Middlesbrough and Southampton plus several 1-0s against Bournemouth, Sunderland, Hull and Burnley at home.

Imagine there will be a few changes today due to tired legs - wouldn't be surprised to see Amartey at right back and Gray in for Albrighton. Perhaps Slim or Leo will start too. 

West Ham haven't been great this season but we can't be complacent about this game just because we've won a few. I'm optimistic about us getting a result but a draw and a good performance wouldn't be bad.

On 16/03/2017 at 17:24, Ricey said:

I doubt they'll be able to play at any sort of intensity after Tuesday, so I would make some changes. Gray in particular deserves a chance under Shakespeare.

I can't have that.

It's the fourth day since that game.

All this shit about they need so much rest is exactly that. Shit.

Muscle tissue repairs within 48 hours.

You just got to love all the (the players need to put the Saville / CL behind them. )

Have you all forgotten these players seen out winning the league when everyone was saying they would blow up. We are playing on the two biggest stages in the world. We have won the biggest league.

The players may have been useless most of the season but hopeless they are far from.

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can't have that.

It's the fourth day since that game.

All this shit about they need so much rest is exactly that. Shit.

Muscle tissue repairs within 48 hours.

Following a ten day rest. They also wont have done heavy training just ball work.

Really the tiredness is bollox I used to do fifty plus hours a week play Saturday and Sunday morning.

If they really are tired pay them another 20k a week they will soon be fit.

Archived