Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

Tiredness after last night is my fear.. So much effort and energy used I would imagine. 

We need something from this game. 

0-0. 

I think it's good that this was a Tuesday match (instead of Wednesday, which the away tie in Sevilla was), so the players have an extra day to recover ahead of Saturday's game. A draw there would do nicely....but if the West Ham of earlier in the season turn up there then a win!

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Winnit!

Not a huge game but it'd be nice to keep up momentum. Nothing to fear that's for sure.

They ain't a bad side but don't see many creative players in that side since Payet left. Antonio is decent and Carroll is always a danger although I think Huth and Wes will relish the battle with him

2-1 City

Disagree - it is a huge game. We are absolutely not safe from relegation yet. After the joy of last night it's back down to reality

Just now, midland_red said:

Disagree - it is a huge game. We are absolutely not safe from relegation yet. After the joy of last night it's back down to reality

What I meant was it's not one of the games I've personally pinpointed as a must win. Think we'll do enough with our home games. Would lovea win though

I screamed obcenities when Vardy missed late into the Sevilla match. But I couldn't help but feel for him as he started punching himself. I really hope he bags four, one for each punch.

Besides, we're still in a relegation scrap. They're about six points above us. We have to keep the intensity up. There's still 13 points left to get with about two and a half months left.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not first, I think you'll find... 

Ah ok, I've not read through the thread.

Ive predicted wins for us in the last three games. This time, I think we'll struggle against a West Ham side, at home, who will be fresher than we are. Hope I'm wrong of course.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ah ok, I've not read through the thread.

Ive predicted wins for us in the last three games. This time, I think we'll struggle against a West Ham side, at home, who will be fresher than we are. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Of course. I think my comment was I'll be surprised if we don't lose. 

Play the first XI, maybe Slim in for Okazaki.

2-1 away win, build up a nice little gap to 18th so we can get away with playing the u16s and losing in the Palace game sandwiched between the champions league quarter finals.

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Tough decision for Shakey, whether he changes things or not. If he does and we lose, then he could be heavily criticised.

I do think changes could be needed though, as we can't underestimate how energy sapping last night could have been.

Who though?! We've got Slimani, Chilwell, Gray and Amartey who I would perhaps consider, with Ulloa and King maybe featuring too.

I suspect Shakey will play it safe and go with the same team again, but look to make 2 quick changes at half-time if needed.

Easy decision.  Play the same 11 that have won three in a row and keep the momentum going.  I agree that Seville will haven a lot out tf them but they have just had a week off and a jolly to Dubai.  Nobody will be wanting a rest.

Archived