Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

11 hours ago, Wookie said:

Would anyone take Ben Mee back? Ballsed up today but he's been solid.

Definitely, don't think they'd sell both in 1 window though. Also quite short for a defender so not sure how well he'd fit with what we currently expect from ours

Rather have a centre-back who is both competent and a captain/potential captain as well.

A captain will want situations sorted out in one effective way and also tell others who are not so sure what to do on certain set-piece situations where to go and what to do.

Gibson alongside either Huth or Morgan would make him able to learn this aspect of the game and make him both a more reliable and also experienced and key player in that area.

13 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Got that, hence the reason I said if they don't go up.......... It does depend on our  club scouts though  :thumbup:

Still played enough games for them to have the first dibs.. :thumbup:

Got rave reviews in the first 6 months of the season and rightly got his first call up to the england team.

Left footed CB, who can pass it out from the back and is quicker and obviously younger than what we have.

30 million is overpriced but then who isn't overpriced these days?! I would think that we could get him for closer to £20-25 million

We made a mistake last summer by not stumping up the cash for Keane, and he will now go onto bigger things, so I don't think we should make the same mistake.

Sign him up, and let him pair up with Huth and then we can look to sign another young CB next summer to add to Gibson and be our future CB pairing hopefully.  

I don't want us to fall into the "young English and talented" trap just because we think we have to.

I'd much rather we signed two talented promising European defenders to be honest! 

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't want us to fall into the "young English and talented" trap just because we think we have to.

I'd much rather we signed two talented promising European defenders to be honest! 

I agree, I don't care if they are young or English, just quality and preferably

with few years left in them.

I'm not a big believer in spending big money on defenders.

If you consider Otamendi, Mangala, Bailly, Mustafi and Stones (Mills:() and have they really been any better than Huth and Morgan, or better than McAuley, Dawson, Evans at WBA??

The ability to concentrate  and being willing and able to work as part of an effective unit feels more important than individual abilities.

We've got some money now but every penny should be wisely spent.

Give me a tough, disciplined, injury-free, 30 year old decent family man for £2-3m all day long please, and maybe save the big spending for the attacking game changers?? 

He'll obviously be over-inflated in terms of transfer fee requested and being English and young, but if he were to sign and performs well in any opportunity he has initially, the team could have a long-term gem here.

40 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I'd sooner have Issa Diop if Chelsea don't get him first.   

This guy is going to be big. 

I think Keane is better than Gibson. He's got a lot stronger since he was last with us (always a harsh criticism for 19 yr old). Reads the game well, good on the ball and quick too. I think we have missed out on him unfortunately. 

Archived