Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Unknown players from different clubs is the whole point 

your logic that Shawcross would do well for us just because Huth did is just plain wrong

in my opinion Shawcross is absolute pants but respect your view is different

we are much more likely to sign a centre back from the lower leagues than we are Shawcross 

To be honest with you I'd have liked us to spend £30 million on a defender from Germany, Spain or France with real pedigree; someone who can move us forward. English centre backs are incredibly overpriced and from what I've seen of Gibson, fairly overrated. Someone like Jonas Hector could surely go for a similar amount and looked absolute class in the Euros. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You haven't seen him play  for a couple years then

Could have said the same about Albrighton, Simpson, Huth etc before we signed them.

3 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

To be honest with you I'd have liked us to spend £30 million on a defender from Germany, Spain or France with real pedigree; someone who can move us forward. English centre backs are incredibly overpriced and from what I've seen of Gibson, fairly overrated. Someone like Jonas Hector could surely go for a similar amount and looked absolute class in the Euros. 

Hector is a leftback

34 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

If it's quoted at 30 mill he'll leave for nearer 20 mill

This, I highly doubt Middlesbrough are realistically expecting £30mil for Gibson or anyone they've got in their squad. If we went in with £15mil-20mil I don't think we'd be far out and I'd say that's ball park for the names being floated like Keane and Maguire etc. If Boro go down and we really want Gibson and go after it early doors, I can see this being a realistic incoming.

Archived