Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

First question to Roy Hodgson at His Crystal Palace press conference should be, "Roy do you know what you are doing here!"

Wouldn't that be best asked of their Board?

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Think Hodgsons a massive knobber after his antics with England.

But I will admit to respect for his banter if he gets Benteke to jog over and take Palaces first corner of his tenure.

Good luck, Benteke's already been firmly put on goal-kick duty

Can imagine Palace fans wishing now Allardyce didn't turn the opportunity to re-join them down.

This appointment will only be a short-term one, but how short will it be?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

De Boer sacked and Koeman getting hammered in Europe. These "named" managers who attract the good players and are tactically superior aren't doing too well so far.

This. There's a difference between big name managers and big names in football. Some chairmen/boards don't seem to understand this. 

Managed Ajax in a terrible league, failed at Inter and never given a chance at Palace. He's a name from his playing days and lord knows how he's a 'named' manager. Big Nige would've done well in Holland with Ajax, to put it into perspective.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If Palace lose against Southampton, their next 3 are Man City, Man United and Chelsea.

Does Woy then get the boot if they are suddenly 8 games without a point?

Can a team survive after going that far into the season without a point?

Whatever result Palace get against Southampton, those are the next 3 opponents in the league anyway :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting reading the Everton forums. Despite their massive outlay and a start roughly as hard as ours their fans are not happy. They see Gylfi as a huge failure already and feel they have gone backwards. 

I think it's a good example when thinking about Leicester. Some want a bigger name manager and to splash the cash but it's no guarantee for success. 

Time will tell for us but I feel we are better than they are right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting reading the Everton forums. Despite their massive outlay and a start roughly as hard as ours their fans are not happy. They see Gylfi as a huge failure already and feel they have gone backwards. 

I think it's a good example when thinking about Leicester. Some want a bigger name manager and to splash the cash but it's no guarantee for success. 

Funny how things can change so quickly. A good number of their fans were expecting a genuine challenge for champions league places.

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

De Boer sacked and Koeman getting hammered in Europe. These "named" managers who attract the good players and are tactically superior aren't doing too well so far.

Yeah Poch/Maurino and Pep are shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sigurdsson's transfer has done the seemingly impossible of weakening both Everton and Swansea lol

• Haha 2

lol ........To make such a generic statement about Foreign coaches in the EPL is in my opinion, frankly 'bull manure'.    May be I am not the one missing the point.  By the way I forgot to give Conte a mention in my earlier list.

Everton were over hyped massively before the season. Everyone assumed they would be 'the best of the rest'. You can't do that without a decent striker. I don't get why people thought losing Lukaku wouldn't make much difference to them just because they spent money in other positions.

• Like 1