Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Niasse has been charged with diving:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42066734

I'm a bit surprised considering there was some contact especially as Richarlison wasn't charged, but we want this sort of behaviour stamped out so good, I'm in all in favour of this, until Vardy gets done, then I'll call the FA a bunch of corrupt cvnts, obviously.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm a bit surprised considering there was some contact especially as Richarlison wasn't charged, but we want this sort of behaviour stamped out so good, I'm in all in favour of this, until Vardy gets done, then I'll call the FA a bunch of corrupt cvnts, obviously.

Vardy won't get done, he's too good at it leaving a foot in and making sure there's enough contact.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Vardy won't get done, he's too good at it leaving a foot in and making sure there's enough contact.

He's not really that good. He doesn't seem to go diving or looking for pens as much these days though. Probably more down to the fact he's only been seeing the ball 2 or 3 times a game for the past 18 months though.

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's not really that good. He doesn't seem to go diving or looking for pens as much these days though. Probably more down to the fact he's only been seeing the ball 2 or 3 times a game for the past 18 months though.

I don't know, he's bought quite a few penalties in his time here and I don't think many would make it through this process as a definite dive.

21 hours ago, Corky said:

Why are pundits so desperate for Dyche to leave Burnley? Carragher is the latest. 

If I was a Burnley fan, enjoying what they are doing, to hear the media touting the manager for several jobs would be getting on my nerves.

Incredible isn't it.

So the media and pundits want English managers in the top league, in top jobs, so I don't quite understand their obesession in wanting Dyche to move?

He's in a job, leave him be, where he's doing a good great job, he could leave, fail at wherever he goes and his stock plummets - That's the risk any manager/club takes though I guess.

I said myself last week, I wanted Dyche here purely because he was one of the better names on a poor list of names, would I have really been that keen on him? Probably not. I think Dyche is one of those managers who only do well at one club, that one club being Burnley, obviously it remains to be seen and we'll only know this if/when he leaves Burnley, but Dyche and Burnley are good fit, they suit each other and I don't mean that in a bad way.

20 hours ago, Captain... said:

Vardy should be fairly safe because for the most part he doesn't strictly dive. The only time I can remember him really going down pathetically easily was United when the Brazilian kid (Rafael or the other one?) nudged him. 

Otherwise he definitely does go looking for contact and he definitely is cynically trying to buy fouls but it's not technically a dive if he does go clattering over their legs. So what do you call it? 

I'm not necessarily defending what he does but is it simulation? 

I don't see it as being any different to what Hazard does and everyone calls him a genius dribbler. Hazard waits until the second a defender goes to tackle and then shifts the ball and draws the foul himself because, frankly, he's ludicrously quick and he's waiting for the foul. 

Technically it is a foul but he's still cynically gone looking for it. 

23 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

People here actually like the annoying twat?

I don't like him, but you can't deny that what he has done at Burnley has been impressive, and credit too to Burnley for sticking with him when he got them relegated first time round.

Just now, Captain... said:

I don't like him, but you can't deny that what he has done at Burnley has been impressive, and credit too to Burnley for sticking with him when he got them relegated first time round.

He got them relegated then they bounced back thanks to all the prem money (and the fact no-one wanted their players), they are on a high at the moment but water finds its level.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

He got them relegated then they bounced back thanks to all the prem money (and the fact no-one wanted their players), they are on a high at the moment but water finds its level.

You mean like Villa, Fulham, Cardiff and QPR did and 'Boro, Sunderland and Hull are going to? (It isn't that easy)

They recovered from relegation by keeping the team together, not sacking people left right and centre and building on something positive. Dyche is clearly a bit of a tit, but if you can't see that he has done an excellent job at Burnley then you are blind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

You mean like Villa, Fulham, Cardiff and QPR did and 'Boro, Sunderland and Hull are going to? (It isn't that easy)

They recovered from relegation by keeping the team together, not sacking people left right and centre and building on something positive. Dyche is clearly a bit of a tit, but if you can't see that he has done an excellent job at Burnley then you are blind.

He's a whining toad, who can't handle being bested by NP. Get back to me at the end of the season, if they're still in the top half of the table.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

amazing how this forum is in love with Dyche at the moment, Burnley will finish below us and in a year or so he'll get the sack.

He's a whining cvnt with a small penis syndrome but he's a decent manager for a small club like Burnley. He is this generation version of Pulis and Allardyce - turgid one dimensional football that gets results. He will leave Burnley for West Ham in the summer and in the next decade he will bounce around to save clubs from relegation like WBA, Stoke, Newcastle, and unfortunately possibly ourselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's a whining cvnt with a small penis syndrome but he's a decent manager for a small club like Burnley. He is this generation version of Pulis and Allardyce - turgid one dimensional football that gets results. He will leave Burnley for West Ham in the summer and in the next decade he will bounce around to save clubs from relegation like WBA, Stoke, Newcastle, and unfortunately possibly ourselves.

The bastards - infringing on our monopoly!

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is spot-on. I think however he's overrated, and made to look better by the situation he's in. At Burnley he's done well but at a very forgiving club which has given him a lot of time, with low expectations both on league positions and style of play.

As soon as he takes a job at a demanding club (West Ham, Villa, Newcastle etc) he'll struggle, especially as he seems sensitive and doesn't seem to handle criticism well

On 11/21/2017 at 14:30, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes, either take an actual stand that means something and quit, or stop whining on an open platform about the people that line your pockets handsomely while being perfectly happy to pocket their money. Means **** all.

Either put up or shut up as they say.

He's a sanctimonious shit and is perfectly happy to mouth off about all and sundry but never happy to actually put his money where his mouth is. Not that its surprising, he was always a mercenary during his career.

You need to chill out.

Burnley are no doubt solid, but they've had the rub of the green this season and have been getting better results than their performances have warranted. That shouldn't detract from the achievements of the club in recent years.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to bring back Ings now that he's recovered and still not getting a look in.

• Like 1

Amazing!!!! Why so many posts about Dyche and Burnley on a "Premier League 2017/18" thread? There are 19 other teams in the PL to discuss.

There's something on here about Dyche almost on a daily basis - surprising for a man so despised by many Foxes fans because he got under Pearson's skin.

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They've had some incredible luck this year. They've defended well, sure...

But they were battered at Liverpool and Southampton, played against 9 men at Chelsea... and their home fixtures. **** me their home fixtures!!!!

West Brom

Palace

Huddersfield

West Ham

Newcastle

Swansea

They've played the bottom 4 at home, and Huddersfield & Newcastle. I don't mind them but surely their luck will run out...