Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

14 hours ago, Paddy. said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-lays-west-ham-11550486

Moyes was pretty critical of his players after the game. To be fair he's not wrong in what he says but I think he's taken a big gamble there by questioning the players so early on in his reign and in such a public way. Could gee them up but more likely could lose them before he's even really begun.

He's just trying to save face, he's up there with Steve Bruce when it comes to excuses

NP to West Brom, or Even Shakespeare would be a brave call, but a sensible one. They really should be dangling every carrot they have in front of Big Sam, maybe in pie form. They can't go for a fancy continental fella with the players and mentality they have, they would be doomed to fail like De Boer. Wilder or another untried manager at this level could work, but it is a massive risk. Big Sam would give them the boost they need and get the best out of these players even if it is just for a season.

Although I really hope they get Pardew in and fail miserably.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He's just trying to save face, he's up there with Steve Bruce when it comes to excuses

There was a good piece in the Times about Moyes; he seemed to say that he was going back to his Everton approach with West Ham - basically not taking any shit or pandering to players.

Sounds all well and good in principle, but he was respected at Everton - he's not any more. I don't reckon the players will like him, so they prob won't play for him. Remains to be seen though, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, Far Post Gerry said:

There was a good piece in the Times about Moyes; he seemed to say that he was going back to his Everton approach with West Ham - basically not taking any shit or pandering to players.

Sounds all well and good in principle, but he was respected at Everton - he's not any more. I don't reckon the players will like him, so they prob won't play for him. Remains to be seen though, obviously. 

Aye but football's different now, less player power in 2002 like. With no respect and trying to act like SAF you just get a Di Canio 

If Fulham and Reading fail to improve on their current positions (places where they should be above really), reckon those clubs could be attractive to him. Not too far to travel from where he's based in Bournemouth etc.

However, like some have said, Wales will probably be in for him due to his experience.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Aye but football's different now, less player power in 2002 like. With no respect and trying to act like SAF you just get a Di Canio 

Exactly mate. And it's not like he's a Mourinho type who can come in and command respect. I bet the players are already thinking "what have we got him for?" Then he goes and slates their "big" players after their first game. It aint going to end well imo.

36 minutes ago, Captain... said:

NP to West Brom, or Even Shakespeare would be a brave call, but a sensible one. They really should be dangling every carrot they have in front of Big Sam, maybe in pie form. They can't go for a fancy continental fella with the players and mentality they have, they would be doomed to fail like De Boer. Wilder or another untried manager at this level could work, but it is a massive risk. Big Sam would give them the boost they need and get the best out of these players even if it is just for a season.

Although I really hope they get Pardew in and fail miserably.

Dangle a pie in front of big Sam :)

Agree with NP, but he'd get shakey as assistant and i'd be heartbroken. Reckon Moyes would've been a decent fit for WBA - better than west ham anyway.

Hope Meggo gets a couple of decent results and they take him on permanently- then realise how shit he is. 

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Sack pulis, Megson in temporary charge... lol

He's perfect for them, looked back on some of his games with us, there were genuinely times when we had 7 (SEVEN) defenders in our line up lollol 

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Heard rumours they might look at Martin O'Neill, though I won't surprised if they look at the other O'Neill. 

If O'Neill went to them after passing up the chance to return to us I would be very annoyed. 10 yr old me will weep and start doing misery lines off his coca cola cup winners mirror (yes, I have one of those :schmike:)

Why is it that, after the BBC get on their backs with some articles about what they're doing wrong etc - that these managers get sacked quite quickly afterwards?..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why is it that, after the BBC get on their backs with some articles about what they're doing wrong etc - that these managers get sacked quite quickly afterwards?..

They are the managers under the most pressure so likely to be sacked and talked about

Yet another hilarious tweet by Lineker about a manager being sacked

2 wins in 21, sure there's probably a clip of him joking about how boring West Brom are on MOTD somewhere, but their fans don't deserve to be angry or anything of course

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm sure you're right mate. I just think being so new to the job he should have said that behind closed doors, not in his first post-match interview in front of a huge TV audience.