Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bournemouth and Huddersfield both looked better than us in those games (we got lucky) !.. We didn't have a shot on target against Manchester City and we were dire 2nd half against West Ham. 

Take the rose tinted spectacles off! 

Honestly why do you still follow LCFC? Do yourself a favour and just pack it all in mate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope Everton pull out of their situation.

There's many teams with them down there that deserve to go down more at times with their negative approach to games.

Sad to hear about Michael Carrick's revealing about his heart health.

He said he felt funny during a game at Burton Albion in September and hasn't featured since. Mourinho wants him to stay as a coach.

Carrick is a rare type, as he's appears both intelligent on and off the pitch.

Surely you haven't forgotten Jeff Schlupp already?

download.jpeg.83183a23e9925e052a42b585abe787e2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Goodness me - they clearly hadn't scouted us very well or their players didn't listen.

Played right into our hands letting our wide men roam free.

Very good win, well done - hope we can replicate it next month. 

I don’t hate Drinkwater either but we all have delusions that our players adore the club and they’d never leave but Chelsea were offering significantly more money, CL football, London and a higher class of teammates, coaches, facilities etc most of us would do the same in a comparable situation. I wish he didn’t leave and the manner wasn’t great but he was one of our best players in the most pivotal five years in our history, I can understand some bitter sentiment towards him but besides thst my enduring feeling is probably indifference.

• Like 3

Watching last nights motd and from the highlights Dele Alli looks poor again. I don't like the guy, but we all know he can be brilliant, but he just looks like he's coasting through games. Looks unfocused, slow to the ball, poor control. He just seems to be on the edge of the action, but never quite there, not involved in anything good. Again I don't like him, but he better snap out of it because you know he's a guaranteed starter for England in the summer.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Watching last nighst motd and from the highlights Dele Alli looks poor again. I don't like the guy, but we all know he can be brilliant, but he just looks like he's coasting through games. Looks unfocused, slow to the ball, poor control. He just seems to be on the edge of the action, but never quite there, not involved in anything good. Again I don't like him, but he better snap out of it because you know he's a guaranteed starter for England in the summer.

Personally wouldn't even take him if his form doesn't improve. 

53 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Watching last nights motd and from the highlights Dele Alli looks poor again. I don't like the guy, but we all know he can be brilliant, but he just looks like he's coasting through games. Looks unfocused, slow to the ball, poor control. He just seems to be on the edge of the action, but never quite there, not involved in anything good. Again I don't like him, but he better snap out of it because you know he's a guaranteed starter for England in the summer.

I've thought this most times I've seen them this season. I've looked on their forum and he has taken a fair bit of stick. 

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Goodness me - they clearly hadn't scouted us very well or their players didn't listen.

Played right into our hands letting our wide men roam free.

You looked good on MOTD - Gray should have had a hat trick.

What was his celebration about, has he been getting criticised? 

44 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

is pochettino a bit thick? “giving up” because they’re ten points behind. and ten points is too many. they’ve been 11 points behind for the last week? 

I think he's assuming Man City will win their game in hand to go 2 pts further ahead compared to last week

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If Burnley turn over Arsenal tmrw they go into fourth ahead of both spurs and arsenal !!

Won't happen - Wenger has the referees in his pocket like against Spurs last week. Refs do not want to antagonise poor old Arsene in case he bursts a blood vessel on their watch.

Anyone who follows football very closely only has to look at last season when TWICE Burnley were "cheated" out of a point against the Gunners.

Turf Moor last October: Michael Keane thundered a header against the bar late on but in the 4th minute of added time Arsenal grabbed a winner when Koscielny, in an offside position, bundled the ball into the net with his arm! Offside and handball but Burnley 0 Arsenal 1.

The Emirates this January: 1-1 with the match in the 6th minute of added time - Koscielny (again in an offside position) stoops to head the ball in the area but Ben Mee is penalised for "foot up". Wenger had already been sent to the stands for having a "hissy-fit" over Burnley's equalser but is all smiles as Sanchez despatches the 96th minute penalty for Arsenal 2 Burnley 1.

They say things come "in threes".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I noticed a fair bit of tension between him and Kane a few times this season. He'll leave in the summer I reckon. If they've fell out and one has to be moved on it'll be him. Probably knows he's off so isn't bothered 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

You looked good on MOTD - Gray should have had a hat trick.

What was his celebration about, has he been getting criticised? 

Gray looks utterly devoid of confidence. He's scored bugger all and the shots he was snatching at last night were like watching a Sunday League player. He got his goal from the delicious cross and I expect he gave his own fans some stick as I assume they've been on his back.

• Like 1

Wow .. Just seen that Martin O'Neil is odds on fave to take the manager Job at Everton. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-celtic-boss-martin-oneill-11584247

In fact if you google Martin O'Neil and Everton , seems alot of papers are running the story :o 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Sad 1