Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

27 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's not even December!

We haven't played the same teams.

How anyone can be envious of Burnley is a mystery to me. They haven't won the top division in my life time nor the Cup since before the War (the first world war) or the league cup since it was created.

I'm not envious, I admire where they are right now, of course there's still half a season left to play and hope we do climb the table!

20 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You has a city fan, will argue that over 18 months we had the great escape and PL title, and that had nothing to do with luck...

So dont take digs at other teams runs over 18 months...its immature.

Burnley deserve credit fot their last 2yrs fortunes and success.  Dont  please dont become a knobhead like Liver'pl and Spurs

supporters, who just dont know how to be graceful to other clubs...

Too many hypocrites, emerging on this forum, whine over other fans, then carry on following the same nonsense

Hang on.... In my two posts I've made the point Burnley have been lucky, which in my opinion they have, and I've also said:

a) 'Burnley are a decent side' 

b) 'They've defended well'

c) 'I don't mind them'

Also - when did I say they didn't deserve credit? Another assumption you've made is that I don't think we were lucky in the last 18 months, I a) didn't say that and b) don't think that.

Such an aggressive post lol

Thing is Burnley have very low expectations. That's why Dyche is a perfect fit for them. If Dyche relegated them again he would still be in the job. We sack managers for flirting with the bottom 3 or being in it for 5 minutes. Even a tiny club like Swansea have higher expectations than Burnley. 

I'm not so sure Dyche would succeed at a more ambitious club like West Ham or Leicester.

Alan shearer on the radio bangong on about heading balls....

Yet this is an issue. ..a few years back.... after the jeff astle case the fa was trying to show they were on top of things... but they have no record of who has played football in the past so any study is a bit difficult.   They are old duffers 

58 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Hang on.... In my two posts I've made the point Burnley have been lucky, which in my opinion they have, and I've also said:

a) 'Burnley are a decent side' 

b) 'They've defended well'

c) 'I don't mind them'

Also - when did I say they didn't deserve credit? Another assumption you've made is that I don't think we were lucky in the last 18 months, I a) didn't say that and b) don't think that.

Such an aggressive post lol

Ok , I 'll let you off this time.........:D

Dyche would still get a pay rise even if Burnley were relegated. He will leave when he wants.....tomorrow, next year....whenever.

Burnley rarely sack managers...not even the useless Eddie Howe who had us hurtling towards League One until Dyche came to the rescue.

Edited by lancyclaret

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Vardy interviewed on the motd pl show on bbc2 now

He must be lonely and missing his wife ??

7 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I liked Ralph Coates... i think he played for them.  Nice comb over

Sadly I admit I am old enough to remember him too....hair like Bobby Charlton and my dad  ?? mine just fell out so no chance to try a comb over 

I remember my Father saying that when he went towards the entrance of the main ground at Turf Moor with 2 friends (around the early 90's) the person at reception point there thought they were the referee and his assistants and took them in a small room with the kits on the table - only for all three to inform her that they weren't the officials..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I remember my Father saying that when he went towards the entrance of the main ground at Turf Moor with 2 friends (around the early 90's) the person at reception point there thought they were the referee and his assistants and took them in a small room with the kits on the table - only for all three to inform her that they weren't the officials..

He should have reffed the game

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure if they can be if the ref doesn't give a foul ?

Dunno, not really ever looked into the rules. Could rely on the FA to screw up on something like that though, trying to eradicate cheating but only doing so in very precise situations.

Pardew going to West Brom?

It really is just a merry go round. Never mind if you're talented, useless, fit the club ethos or not, young, old, good record, bad record, whatever - all they're bothered about is if you've managed in the Premier League before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Pardew going to West Brom?

It really is just a merry go round. Never mind if you're talented, useless, fit the club ethos or not, young, old, good record, bad record, whatever - all they're bothered about is if you've managed in the Premier League before.

Just about name recognition so owners can say to their peers and the public, "we've got someone legitimate in. A proper name"