Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

They've had some incredible luck this year. They've defended well, sure...

But they were battered at Liverpool and Southampton, played against 9 men at Chelsea... and their home fixtures. **** me their home fixtures!!!!

West Brom

Palace

Huddersfield

West Ham

Newcastle

Swansea

They've played the bottom 4 at home, and Huddersfield & Newcastle. I don't mind them but surely their luck will run out... 

Why do you conveniently forget the AWAY fixtures? Burnley have had the hardest away fixtures so far - 6 matches including Chelsea, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool (only lost to City). We were 3-0 up at Chelsea against 10 men not 9 and could easily have won 2-1 at Liverpool instead of drawing. Ben Mee had a late header hacked off the line and then forced Mignolet into a brilliant point-blank save.

As for luck, the only match we were really lucky was the home win against Palace who should have won 3-1 or 4-1. Our only home loss was against West Brom - and Dyche rates that as Burnley's best home performance (Jon Walters missed a late sitter).

50 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Amazing!!!! Why so many posts about Dyche and Burnley on a "Premier League 2017/18" thread? There are 19 other teams in the PL to discuss.

There's something on here about Dyche almost on a daily basis - surprising for a man so despised by many Foxes fans because he got under Pearson's skin.

Because in the last 5-6 weeks we, along with Everton, West Ham and WBA, have been linked with Dyche. That's why his name pops up quite a few times on this thread. 

But make no mistake pal, he is still a touchy cvnt with an inferiority complex who play anti-football but is getting results with it at a club with little to no pressure. 

1 hour ago, lancyclaret said:

Why do you conveniently forget the AWAY fixtures? Burnley have had the hardest away fixtures so far - 6 matches including Chelsea, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool (only lost to City). We were 3-0 up at Chelsea against 10 men not 9 and could easily have won 2-1 at Liverpool instead of drawing. Ben Mee had a late header hacked off the line and then forced Mignolet into a brilliant point-blank save.

As for luck, the only match we were really lucky was the home win against Palace who should have won 3-1 or 4-1. Our only home loss was against West Brom - and Dyche rates that as Burnley's best home performance (Jon Walters missed a late sitter).

Because the post was about Away fixtures. Burnley are a decent side and I don't watch their games - but every week every highlight on MOTD is Pope playing an absolute blinder.

You can't seriously sit there and tell me Burnley haven't had their fair share of luck over the last 18 months. The amount of scrappy 1-0 home wins you guys get is testament to a good defensive spirit, but there's certainly a good share of luck involved. 

On 20/11/2017 at 17:44, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If O'Neill went to them after passing up the chance to return to us I would be very annoyed. 10 yr old me will weep and start doing misery lines off his coca cola cup winners mirror (yes, I have one of those :schmike:)

To be honest I'm not sure what realistic MON could do their, despite the recent takeover I'm not sure if there going to be big spenders. As we know MON is very ambitious, he likes to be managing teams challenging for europe, West Brom are normally happy just finishing 14th. Surprised MON isn't linked more to the Everton job, think he could serious business there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Amazing!!!! Why so many posts about Dyche and Burnley on a "Premier League 2017/18" thread? There are 19 other teams in the PL to discuss.

There's something on here about Dyche almost on a daily basis - surprising for a man so despised by many Foxes fans because he got under Pearson's skin.

When on earth did he get under NP's skin?

7 hours ago, Koke said:

He's a whining cvnt with a small penis syndrome but he's a decent manager for a small club like Burnley. He is this generation version of Pulis and Allardyce - turgid one dimensional football that gets results. He will leave Burnley for West Ham in the summer and in the next decade he will bounce around to save clubs from relegation like WBA, Stoke, Newcastle, and unfortunately possibly ourselves.

You'll still have the spite and thorny opinions, but he will have the money and recognised if even moderate success...

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Because the post was about Away fixtures. Burnley are a decent side and I don't watch their games - but every week every highlight on MOTD is Pope playing an absolute blinder.

You can't seriously sit there and tell me Burnley haven't had their fair share of luck over the last 18 months. The amount of scrappy 1-0 home wins you guys get is testament to a good defensive spirit, but there's certainly a good share of luck involved. 

You has a city fan, will argue that over 18 months we had the great escape and PL title, and that had nothing to do with luck...

So dont take digs at other teams runs over 18 months...its immature.

Burnley deserve credit fot their last 2yrs fortunes and success.  Dont  please dont become a knobhead like Liver'pl and Spurs

supporters, who just dont know how to be graceful to other clubs...

Too many hypocrites, emerging on this forum, whine over other fans, then carry on following the same nonsense

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

One supporter has called for David Moyes to be sacked after one game

"David Moyes, mate, It's time for him to go, I think. After one game.

"Listen mate, in this day and age, when you in that manager to have this kind of rescue mission, you need to get off to a good start. And this guy, he's come in and he's lost his first game.

"And I've seen the lack of passion [on Sunday]. I've never seen anything like it, mate. What I want to see is an east London lad taking charge. Mark Noble, right? Listen, I'm telling you now, he'd get the passion out of the players." (football.london)

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

:wes:

33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't get how you can pull the trigger like that and not have anyone in mind

Absolutely.

Unsworth mentioned that he's been in talks with the board/owners about recruitment plans for January, so it could be seen that certain people they had firmly in mind had rejected the Everton opportunity and now he could be carrying on - should results improve under him - for perhaps, at most, until the end of the season?..(which is very risky, considering he's still gaining experience at the top level).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 hours ago, davieG said:

One supporter has called for David Moyes to be sacked after one game

"David Moyes, mate, It's time for him to go, I think. After one game.

"Listen mate, in this day and age, when you in that manager to have this kind of rescue mission, you need to get off to a good start. And this guy, he's come in and he's lost his first game.

"And I've seen the lack of passion [on Sunday]. I've never seen anything like it, mate. What I want to see is an east London lad taking charge. Mark Noble, right? Listen, I'm telling you now, he'd get the passion out of the players." (football.london)

lol

'Its time for him to go'

After one game....

lol

16 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

You're not used to being the topic of conversation I see. Why not discuss Burnley and Dyche? After all, this is the most successful that club has been in years.

Also, we're a similar sized club and most would expect the positions between the two clubs switched. There's more than likely some envy in there.

I appreciate how Dyche sets his team up and seemingly maximising results on the pitch. It's testament to the good job he, his staff and players are doing.

The football is not particularly easy on the eye, but that's OK. I think stats back up how incredibly sharp and fortunate Burnley have been with conversion of chances.

It hasn't felt like they have carved the opposition open many times or create high quality chances on the balance of things.

45 minutes ago, shen said:

You're not used to being the topic of conversation I see. Why not discuss Burnley and Dyche? After all, this is the most successful that club has been in years.

Also, we're a similar sized club and most would expect the positions between the two clubs switched. There's more than likely some envy in there.

I appreciate how Dyche sets his team up and seemingly maximising results on the pitch. It's testament to the good job he, his staff and players are doing.

The football is not particularly easy on the eye, but that's OK. I think stats back up how incredibly sharp and fortunate Burnley have been with conversion of chances.

It hasn't felt like they have carved the opposition open many times or create high quality chances on the balance of things.

Envy of Burnley and Dyche??! We won the league ffs!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Envy of Burnley and Dyche??! We won the league ffs!!!

Did we? I must've forgotten ... :dry:

And yes, envy of where they are and where we are this season.

We have been derailed, swapping managers, having a few poor transfer windows and disappointing results.

Burnley are steady, gradually improving season upon season and sitting nicely in the top half.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

We have been derailed, swapping managers, having a few poor transfer windows and disappointing results.

Burnley are steady, gradually improving season upon season and sitting nicely in the top half.

I do agree, I would love to be where Burnley are this season and I think that's where we should have been this season had we built upon our title winning season.

1 hour ago, shen said:

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I do agree, I would love to be where Burnley are this season and I think that's where we should have been this season had we built upon our title winning season.

It's not even December!

We haven't played the same teams.

How anyone can be envious of Burnley is a mystery to me. They haven't won the top division in my life time nor the Cup since before the War (the first world war) or the league cup since it was created.