Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

46 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Going down accompanied by Lambert's monotone musings would not be fun.

Very good player, uninspiring manager right out of the Moyes mould.

People said the same thing about the Moyes and Hodgson appointments and they've both done well, or exceptionally well in Roy's case. Sometimes a well organised manager is all it takes to get half decent teams moving again... heck look at us.

2 hours ago, Donut said:

RIP Cyril Regis

I think the problem for wenger and Arsenal is that he knew he needed quality to establish a top four spot. But with arsenal underachieving it would be difficult to compete with the likes of the manchester clubs chelsea and even liverpool to do this in the same market for players.

With 2 extremely good players signed when the club was healthier, even though they wanted away they pinned their hopes on those two getting them back into the top 4 and each giving 100% to do so. Perhaps showcase themselves to pick most world top clubs to move to.

This might also attract some decent european players to come in.

Instead they havent been as effective and their heads arent in it. So they lose the money AND players.

I kind of get it though. Arsenal wouldnt be able to attract an özil or sanchez to the club to replace them. They already had players of tgat quality ... so hoped theyd stay and rejuvenate the club.

Its a watershed now because no way wenger can take arsenal forward. He isnt respected (he should be) and i think we have to accept arsenal will be mediocre for 5 or so years and look to bring their own through and look at european bargains much like us.

Arsenal needed more than just top 4 to keep those two for next year. I think they needed to demonstrate they were serious title challengers and they simply aren't close. I think they're nearer to our level than Man City now. Honestly.

I couldn't believe how awful they were yesterday. Wasn't even a case of Bournemouth scraping it. Bournemouth genuinely played the better football for me.

50 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Of the sackings this season we get Puel who I even said on here before he came was a progressive manager who has done really well in his career when you looked closely at it. So we get Puel but the others appoint the same old failed recycled shite.

Stoke - Lambert

Palace - Hodgson

West Brom - Pardew

West Ham - Moyes

Everton - Allardyce

Some of the above have done reasonably well to date tbf but I'd have been livid if we appointed any of them.

It's not a popular opinion on here but well done Rudkin. :scarf:

Agree fully. We definitely got the pick of them. Hats off to all at LCFC for it.

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Next Southampton will sack their manager and hire Harry Redknapp.

Nah they’ll get some bright spark playing for a smaller European side and someone like Garth Crooks will whinge that British managers don’t get a chance.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

People said the same thing about the Moyes and Hodgson appointments and they've both done well, or exceptionally well in Roy's case. Sometimes a well organised manager is all it takes to get half decent teams moving again... heck look at us.

You may be right. Personally, I thought Hodgson was a good fit for Palace at the time of his appointment. With regards to Moyes, I thought he would probably keep Wet Spam up but will be removed at some point in the next couple of seasons.

I remain to be sold on Lambert as a premier league manager.

What an uninspiring appoint by Stoke, they go from Mark Hughes to Paul Lambert. Who last two jobs he failed at Championship level. Worked in the premier league before of course with Norwich and Villa. Villa job was hard in his defence had no money, shit squad and received no support from board through out probably did well to keep them up. But his overall record recently is terrible. Prepare for life back in championship Stoke fans. Bet now they wished they stuck with Hughes! 

Edited by Leicesterpool

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

Before any of you start the 'feeling sorry for them' antics, may I just remind you of this :D

Horrible, pointless fucking club, hope they go down and disappear into oblivion.

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

BBC need to get rid of the public vote for Goal of the month. That Salah goal against Everton was decent, but it was probably the worst of the 8 on the shortlist. Just let the pundits decide, a public vote just means it goes to a player from a team with most people arsed to vote. So when it's on motd2 when Bournemouth and Liverpool both won it isn't a surprise that the top three were made of Liverpool and Bournemouth goals.

9 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Agreed. I think they only started this after that phone-in competition scandal about 10 years ago? Look at old MOTDs from the 90s etc and it was a call in competition and if the goal you thought was best was picked by the MOTD pundits you won some tickets or something.

Now it's part of their #getsocial crap which just makes it a popularity contest unless it's an absolute worldie, meaning people can suspend their pathetic club bias for a few seconds.

To be honest I don't care about "Goal of the month"  it's a ludcrous idea anyway so not sure why anyone would worry if it was decided by fans or pundits or politicians.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'd be fuming if I was a Stoke fan. lol

Stoke have been higher than they deserve for too long. Time for them to drop to a level that better reflects them. League 1 should do.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Fair play to the Stoke fans.

It's pissing down, they've just appointed Lambo, they are losing, yet they are the only fans I can hear.

Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to qualify my prior remarks by adding that they are usually Scum, I had some hairy times at their old ground and I'll never forgive them for partying while we got relegated in 2008.

So I hope they lose 8-0.

:P

Stoke City fans generally are some of the worst I have encountered, however two seasons ago I had an interesting and pleasant conversation with three of them at the Local Hero before we beat them in our Premier League winning season. Door men obviously hadn't done their work properly.  They accurately described their team's weaknesses that became apparent in our win!