Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Am I the only one that doesn't understand why the West Ham fans are angry at the board? 

They've funded the purchase of an alright squad, got a manager in with a reasonable track record at their level, got them playing in a massive stadium to very little cost to the club. 

Basically seems like the board have played an absolute blinder tbf. 

Their team is getting worse year by year

They've moved from their perfectly good stadium to an unsuitable football venue on the promise it would generate the extra revenue to take them to the next level, when in reality they have to sell tickets so cheap to fill it that they're no better off financially than they would have been (apart from the owners pocketing the money from the sale of Upton Park).

They've got every reason to be pissed at Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

Today won't help much though...

32 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Their team is getting worse year by year

They've moved from their perfectly good stadium to an unsuitable football venue on the promise it would generate the extra revenue to take them to the next level, when in reality they have to sell tickets so cheap to fill it that they're no better off financially than they would have been (apart from the owners pocketing the money from the sale of Upton Park).

They've got every reason to be pissed at Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

Today won't help much though...

You can bet that the West Ham fans wouldn’t be protesting about the suitability of the ground or the owners if they were 5th in the league and winning games 3-0.

It starts and ends in their fans’ delusion that they are a big club who should be winning games in style near the top of the league, when the reality is that they pay the likes of Andy Carroll tens of thousands a week, they sack their manager every five minutes and they are miles behind the likes of us, Burnley and Watford, or even Bournemouth and Brighton.

50 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

they're no better off financially than they would have been

Seriously doubt this as they have absolutely no stadium bills to pay apart from a yearly rental fee of £2.5 mill but I’m sure the ticket sales easily cover that 

Sorry Jurgen, everyone doesn't agree that's a penalty. Its not a penalty in the slightest. 

Mane is never in possession of the ball, Fellaini gets himself between Mane and the ball well, he's got every right to be heading towards the ball, their legs just tangle. 

It's not like Mane is dribbling with the ball and Fellaini trips him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Feel for Moyes and their players.

Not helped by their fans in any way. 

Why do their fans hate the owners anyway?

Selling the Boleyn ground and shifting over to the Olympic stadium can't have helped much

• Like 1

Just now, separator said:

Selling the Boleyn ground and shifting over to the Olympic stadium can't have helped much

It's not that though is it? They wouldn't give a shit if it was going well on the pitch. 

But that's not really the owners fault. They've got a decent side there, I mean Joao Mario the most recent singing is a cracking player. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh look the Scouse thinks the Scousers should have had a penalty. 

everyone thinks it mate that was what my original post said. i suspect you’re not very bright buddy. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not that though is it? They wouldn't give a shit if it was going well on the pitch. 

But that's not really the owners fault. They've got a decent side there, I mean Joao Mario the most recent singing is a cracking player. 

I guess a stadium move from a popular old school one, to a souless bowl not designed for football that the fans never wanted is going to affect moral. The dildo pedalling owners won't help the fans mood atm.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Feel for Moyes and their players.

Not helped by their fans in any way. 

Why do their fans hate the owners anyway?

Not condoning their behaviour but West Ham fans have every right to be upset at their owners. Their supporters had to give up their beloved home ground for a stadium designed for Athletics and devoid of any atmosphere. They were promised that the stadium move was to help them finance a bigger push so they could compete for European places, but this has failed to materialise. Hence fans think this is a cash grab that has left them in the dumpster. The overwhelming majority of West Ham fans did not want to move from the Boelyn.

Put it this way, imagine if our owners had got rid of Filbert Street then moved us into the middle of nowhere and installed David Moyes as manager! We'd all be irate!

Just now, separator said:

I guess a stadium move from a popular old school one, to a souless bowl not designed for football that the fans never wanted is going to affect moral. The dildo pedalling owners won't help the fans mood atm.

Yeah but there's unpopular and then there's that. 

Like we're not talking some melt waving a banner and a few boos. 

The way they just reacted you'd think the owners had some all their players, driven the club in to bankruptcy, got them relegated through the divisions and made a personal profit for themselves in the process. 

Where as what's actually happened is they got the club a bigger, major stadium for peanuts, made some shrewd additions to the squad, hired a manager with loads of top flight experience and, uh, well. 

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is Knockaert banned against us presumably?

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah :(

good. 

I love the bloke and want Brighton to survive but I also want us to finish as high as possible and that job is made easier if Knockaert is missing for them and if we can beat Brighton without him :) 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but there's unpopular and then there's that. 

Like we're not talking some melt waving a banner and a few boos. 

The way they just reacted you'd think the owners had some all their players, driven the club in to bankruptcy, got them relegated through the divisions and made a personal profit for themselves in the process. 

Where as what's actually happened is they got the club a bigger, major stadium for peanuts, made some shrewd additions to the squad, 

Give it time.

• Haha 1