Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This photo is much better. 

CAPTION COMPETITION:

A3F64AAC-F27C-4A90-BA51-47D16D1B1915.jpeg

Hammers bag shock second place in the 2018 Veterinary Insemination Competition.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

A while back I linked to an article stating that he suffers from depression, that losing his father hit him very hard.  I am NOT in any position to connect that with this behavior.  Just a possibility that he may have harder work maintaining perspective and emotional control if in a "down" time.  If so it's a shame.

Just saw that two-footer that got him booked today, bit of a shocker.

I didn't know that about him, I knew about his father and everything but didn't know he suffered from depression. You're right if what you say is correct, it is a shame.

Really wanted him to do well this year and kick on from what was a tough year for him the year before. Still hope he does - loved him during his time here, he was probably the first player after seasons of dross who could perform magic moments and was a huge part in us coming up to the premier league.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This photo is much better. 

CAPTION COMPETITION:

A3F64AAC-F27C-4A90-BA51-47D16D1B1915.jpeg

Right ref hand it back and I'll stick the thermometer in again and get a second reading, where is it ....oh no, ref, it wasn't for your mouth!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't decide who I want to go down, so many nice choices in that bottom 5. West Ham, Stoke, West Brom would be good... but I hate Palace. So maybe them over Stoke sadly.

West Brom Stoke and Palace for the Tony Pulis trio, hopefully Middlesbrough stay down and we can enjoy a Pulis free season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

this has got to have been the weirdest premier league season of all time. for what seems like the whole season, everyone outside the top 4 has been on a run of "1 win in 15 games" or something similar. who is actually winning any of these games? are we in some parallel universe where nobody's checking and teams like west brom, burnley and west ham are playing each other and both of them are losing? it doesn't make any sense. 

Teams like Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford got off to really good starts, as did Burnley. We had a four match winning run around November/ December, Everton similarly, West Ham won a few near Christmas/ New Year. Hell, even West Brom won their first two games.

15 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Noble - "Oye, get off, you shouldn't be on the pitch, the pitch is for Footballers and officials only"

Ogbonna - "Yeah sorry Nobes but the gaffer keeps picking me"

No way to treat Danny Dyer.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can't decide who I want to go down, so many nice choices in that bottom 5. West Ham, Stoke, West Brom would be good... but I hate Palace. So maybe them over Stoke sadly.

I kinda like having Palace around personally. Whenever we play them it just reminds me of the greatest day of the best summer of my childhood - Wembley '96.

Happy days.

I'd be happy to see West Brom and Stoke go down mainly because they've both been back in the top flight for absolute ages and have done bugger all in that time. West Brom's 8th and Stoke's 10th; they've both been utterly mediocre. It's time they both buggered off before they bore us bloody senseless.

I strongly hope West Ham get a points deduction for their fans antics today. Never really had much reason to hate them before but the way they got a £700m upgraded stadium for FREE on the taxpayer is an absolute insult to the multitude clubs, and us, who struggled financially after building our own. Not just that but the Dildo Brothers grovelling to us to give them Slimani after what Brady wrote about Vichai was pathetic. Seeing as Spurs and Arsenal look like they won't get relegated any time soon the chance of getting rid of some other cockney twats shouldn't be missed.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Teams like Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford got off to really good starts, as did Burnley. We had a four match winning run around November/ December, Everton similarly, West Ham won a few near Christmas/ New Year. Hell, even West Brom won their first two games.

even arsenal and Chelsea (before this weekend) had both lost 4 of their last 5. who's winning all these bloody games when it seems like the whole league can't buy a win. we aren't all losing to man city every week. or are we? inception.