Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Atletico H Post Match 1-1 (1-2) on aggregate

13 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

1) if we attacked Athletico at home they would have destroyed us on the counter and probably won 3-0

2) we had to keep it tight and try not to concede tonight hence the 4-4-2 starting formation. Hutu was a massive Miss for us.

3) we changed it completely in the 2nd half to 3-5-2. I doubt Atheltico were prepared for this (and we are talking about tactical genius Simeone here) and we really rattled them. 

4) do you think Gray would have made a difference? The best chances we had were when we hoofed it in the box and Ulloa / Vardy caused chaos. Amartey is a more aerial threat than Gray, it's not like Atheltico weee going to let Gray run behind them and he's not the greatest crosser in the world. Maybe you could argue Gray should have gone on instead of Chillers but not Amartey

when we are playing hoofball. 

5) I don't think we could have done much better, quality wise Athletico are streets ahead. To keep us within the tie throughout the whole 180 minutes is an incredible achievement. I though shakey a tactics were spot on.

Give Shakey the job, he's like Pearson but almost an improvement as he seems to have picked up some of Ranieris good habits and class.

I'm not against giving him the job at all he seems a great motivator.

The point was that Shakey was being hailed by a poster as a tactical genius, and whilst he has done a great job thus far, the fact may be that that we were too cautious in the first leg and the first half last night. As soon as we decided to attack and get at them, they were totally on the back foot and there only looked like one winner on the night - us!

In all honesty, all you who have called me out over this post; you cannot defend bringing on Amartey in defence when we needed two goals with 5 minutes to go can you? 

While we had attacking options on the bench?

Not with a straight face I don't think.

47 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I'm not against giving him the job at all he seems a great motivator.

The point was that Shakey was being hailed by a poster as a tactical genius, and whilst he has done a great job thus far, the fact may be that that we were too cautious in the first leg and the first half last night. As soon as we decided to attack and get at them, they were totally on the back foot and there only looked like one winner on the night - us!

In all honesty, all you who have called me out over this post; you cannot defend bringing on Amartey in defence when we needed two goals with 5 minutes to go can you? 

While we had attacking options on the bench?

Not with a straight face I don't think.

Does ANYONE get the Amartey substitution? Was someone injured?

Leicester City v Atletico Madrid: Five people arrested during Champions League match

By atroughton  |  Posted: April 19, 2017

Five arrests at Leicester City Atletico Madrid game

Five people were arrested during the policing operation for Leicester City's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid last night.

Police have revealed that five men were arrested for various offences before and during the quarter-final clash at the King Power Stadium.

A 23-year-old man was arrested for affray at the Jubilee Square fanzone before the game.

He was released with a community resolution and told to leave the city centre for 24 hours.

Officers arrested a 39-year-old man at the King Power Stadium on suspicion of theft.

He was still in police custody.

A 25-year-old man was arrested at the stadium on suspicion of intent to supply a Class A drug.

Officers arrested a 46-year-old man on suspicion of affray in High Street.

The man was arrested at the King Power Stadium. He was released with no further action to be taken.

A 31-year-old man was arrested in the city for failing to comply with a banning order excluding him from parts of Leicester city centre.

He is due to appear in court next month.

Leicestershire Police praised both sets of fans after the high-profile game passed off without any major disruption.

Chief Inspector Steve Potter, match commander, said: "This was another event that displayed the professionalism of Leicestershire Police and was a fitting end to a fantastic experience of international policing.

"I would like to say thank you to the fans for their patience and cooperation during the policing operation and making the match a safe event."

Armed police were on the streets in the city centre and around the ground before the game which kicked off at 7.45pm.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/five-arrests-at-leicester-city-atletico-madrid-game/story-30280056-detail/story.html#R3dYyZ7UF1WvU7P3.99

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leicester City v Atletico Madrid: Five people arrested during Champions League match

By atroughton  |  Posted: April 19, 2017

Five arrests at Leicester City Atletico Madrid game

Five people were arrested during the policing operation for Leicester City's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid last night.

Police have revealed that five men were arrested for various offences before and during the quarter-final clash at the King Power Stadium.

A 23-year-old man was arrested for affray at the Jubilee Square fanzone before the game.

He was released with a community resolution and told to leave the city centre for 24 hours.

Officers arrested a 39-year-old man at the King Power Stadium on suspicion of theft.

A 25-year-old man was arrested at the stadium on suspicion of intent to supply a Class A drug.

Officers arrested a 46-year-old man on suspicion of affray in High Street.

The man was arrested at the King Power Stadium. He was released with no further action to be taken.

A 31-year-old man was arrested in the city for failing to comply with a banning order excluding him from parts of Leicester city centre.

He is due to appear in court next month.

Leicestershire Police praised both sets of fans after the high-profile game passed off without any major disruption.

Chief Inspector Steve Potter, match commander, said: "This was another event that displayed the professionalism of Leicestershire Police and was a fitting end to a fantastic experience of international policing.

"I would like to say thank you to the fans for their patience and cooperation during the policing operation and making the match a safe event."

Armed police were on the streets in the city centre and around the ground before the game which kicked off at 7.45pm.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/five-arrests-at-leicester-city-atletico-madrid-game/story-30280056-detail/story.html#R3dYyZ7UF1WvU7P3.99

Quite a few total dickheads near the highcross pub, chucking beer, cans, bottles etc at the Madrid fans. Then a load of chavvy scum bags with goggles in their hoods see about three Madrid fans just wandering through the centre, they start putting their hoods up, scarves around their faces and going after them to attacked them.

2 hours ago, erlee said:

Albrighton was tracking the Niguez - then inexplicably trails off towards the box leaving Fuchs stranded ..  wtfff

I thought that was very poor from Albrighton as any pressure on him, and it would have been so much harder for him to score that header with such accuracy. I know that Fuchs could have picked him up, but Albrighton was tracking him and really should have barked at Fuchs, if he was going to let him go like that. 

I have to say though, if Mahrez had closed that gap like Danny asked and pressed the ball, that Luiz cross could have been stopped at source or at least not so easily picked out. This is my big criticism of Mahrez and the system he is asked to play in. He is in a great position next to Danny, but just do that bit extra and close the damn ball down when it is right there. It would stop so many crosses if he just did that extra bit in defence. If he continues not to, and he stays next season, then we must look to release him of these duties, so he can stay higher up the pitch where he is at his best, but more importantly, we can have someone in that defensive position who will close the ball down and stop those types of crosses. 

48 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I thought that was very poor from Albrighton as any pressure on him, and it would have been so much harder for him to score that header with such accuracy. I know that Fuchs could have picked him up, but Albrighton was tracking him and really should have barked at Fuchs, if he was going to let him go like that. 

I have to say though, if Mahrez had closed that gap like Danny asked and pressed the ball, that Luiz cross could have been stopped at source or at least not so easily picked out. This is my big criticism of Mahrez and the system he is asked to play in. He is in a great position next to Danny, but just do that bit extra and close the damn ball down when it is right there. It would stop so many crosses if he just did that extra bit in defence. If he continues not to, and he stays next season, then we must look to release him of these duties, so he can stay higher up the pitch where he is at his best, but more importantly, we can have someone in that defensive position who will close the ball down and stop those types of crosses. 

I m with on albrighton and  mahrez they should had closed and made more  efforts to avoid saul goal

Also mahrez should have score at 33 min should have control the ball with his right and shoot with left , it should be in

But lecester should be proud of the performance m very tight result and may be leicester will be  ranked 5/8 

Please call talkshite for me, they are saying we played hoof ball in the second half. I didn't have that much to drink. What i remember is us passing decisively and Chilwell running at them. Hoof ball my arse. Didn't we have more possession second half? You don't get that with hoofing it

We threw everything at them second half, it was absolute class. Sheer valiant gutsy display.

I thought Filbert Fox was going to run out the tunnel with the canteen kitchen sink and try throwing that into the back of their net in the second half, we threw everything at 'em.

Proud of the club, the players, and the fans. What a journey it has been. Atmosphere was superb last night.

17 hours ago, lesterlad1 said:

Over 2 legs they we far better then us in every department. They are a class team who have reached the champions league final twice in last 3 years. There fans were class too tonight especially singing leicester leicester leicester when we walked off the pitch. 

Having said all of that I can not put into words how bloody proud I am of our club. The players. Owners fans everyone associated with leicester. 

I am genuinly chuffed to bits that leicester are my team and wh little old leicester reached the quarter finals wow!  

Thank you leicester city

I think that is harsh better in every department 

FairPlay, we've come out this competition brilliantly. Well done boys and Shakey. Given ourselves a real platform to push on next season and for Europe. We've got the squad and the management(I believe.) one or two tweaks and we'll soon be seeing more European nights I genuinely think

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Please call talkshite for me, they are saying we played hoof ball in the second half. I didn't have that much to drink. What i remember is us passing decisively and Chilwell running at them. Hoof ball my arse. Didn't we have more possession second half? You don't get that with hoofing it

I described it as 'generally agricultural'.

we were direct - we had to be. our change in formation allowed us to be higher up the pitch in enough numbers to collect the second ball.

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

We absolutely were playing hoofball. Just don't be drawn into thinking this is a bad thing. Direct football and long balls have been slammed in recent years in favour of tiki taka and possession football etc. It can be boring, but all styles of football can be boring. I'd personally much rather see an incisive long ball counter attacking team than some of the shit possession football served up by the likes of United etc just going side to side for 90 mins.

We were direct, we were lumping balls up high, but we needed to be - and it was exhilarating to watch.

16 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

We absolutely were playing hoofball. Just don't be drawn into thinking this is a bad thing. Direct football and long balls have been slammed in recent years in favour of tiki taka and possession football etc. It can be boring, but all styles of football can be boring. I'd personally much rather see an incisive long ball counter attacking team than some of the shit possession football served up by the likes of United etc just going side to side for 90 mins.

We were direct, we were lumping balls up high, but we needed to be - and it was exhilarating to watch.

We were actually mixing it up with some excellent play from Chillwell up the left and balls over the top being controlled well by Ulloa and Vardy. The combination of play was exciting and caused Atletico huge problems as they blocked many shots from our second half onslaught.

So if anyone was reading the pre-match thread last night they might remember:

Got beers, got wine, got nuts and got armchair

Haven't been this excited since Chelsea v Spurs

Can't wait, we can do it       :scarf:

What actually happened ?

Madrid go 0-1 up..... mega disappointment

Phone rings, my boss.......... Al, we got a major problem in work..... you need to go in

Me....... You are joking ?

Boss.....Really need you in there now

Me....... Went in to work, yep he was right.........major problem to resolve

In other words, missed game, missed beer, missed wine, missed nuts and missed the armchair

Got home at 03:00hrs... had beer went to bed and back to work 07:00hrs

Planned watching BT Highlights at 16:00hrs but again, problem in work and yes you've guessed it..........Stayed to sort it out

Just got in and I have never been so peed off......... I have missed the biggest game in our history

But reading this thread has made me so happy/proud  to know we put up a great fight against one of the best teams in europe

Thank God for Tivo.............. I'll watch it at my leasure.

And I really hope you had a great time........... Bing on the Arsenal   :thumbup:

6 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Yes, Wes was injured. There was 5-10 minutes left and we had already taken off our other central defender.

At that point I would have still put Gray on and asked Ndidi to sit back leaving just Fuchs and Simmo.

42 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Anyone wants to watch Gimenez performance against us it's fantastic. Like a giant Kante.

I did not spot this during the game, had my blue spectacles on, looks like a beast, some of those headers we commanding, thanks for the post.

Archived