Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Atletico H Post Match 1-1 (1-2) on aggregate

4 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

I thought Amarty did great job as CB when he came on.

I want to see him as a CB in league match as well.

According to AKCJ, he's not a centre back. 

lol

If we play Amartey he MUST play at CB. I think he will start there soon.

19 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Just not good enough at the back when it matters. They had one opportunity and took it. We had several and didn't take them. Fuchs was ball watching for the goal (copy of Sevilla away goal) and we got punished.

Effort was there but ultimately quality wasn't. 

They had every luck of the ball and bounce but can see why they're a top team, they no how to manage games at this level.

Ref once again gave every fifty to them. 

Ulloa didn't win enough in the air and although Chilwell did well, his crosses and last ball were not great, all crosses St shoulder height. 

If only one of those opportunities after we scored went in. Might have been so different. 

Motm Simpson for me. Didn't put a foot wrong and intercepted the ball so many times 

Don't think that was all on Fuchs -- Fuchs saw Albrighton had Saul, Fuchs noted that then stepped inside, and then with the ball in the air Albrighton broke off to try to get behind Saul. It was clearly a miscommunication, but Albrighton should've prioritized beating Saul to the ball in the air, rather than trying to get behind Saul in order to take possession if the cross was too deep. Just so sad to sit there and pause the television and see 6 LC vs. 3 AM in the vicinity of the kick and to watch the seas part for Saul. 

Former Leicester manager Martin O'Neill on BT Sport: "It's an extraordinary story, it's not a fluke, you can't fluke winning the league. Then to carry this on and win their group and knock out Sevilla before giving Atletico Madrid a real fright, it's an incredible run, phenomenal."

Confused emotions right now. Pride, anger, frustration, nostalgia, hope... this team has given its all, won the Premier League, given an incredible account of itself in the biggest competition in the world and allowed me to go around Europe watching my team.

The players from 1-11 gave their all this evening. It's not right at this point in time to criticise our own poor individual performance - but even until the very last kick they kept going - which is all anyone on here ever asks for - we don't care how well you do it, just as long as you try as hard as we would if we were out there.

We should all be very proud and hopeful for next year. We have 150m of revenue to come in from the CL - spend that on players and we could be on another little trip around Europe in 2018...

23 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

Brilliant try...but not enough. If you had attacked in Madrid...you pay for your poor game in the first leg. You did nothing in Madrid. You get nothing now.

i am happy about Ranieri. For the betrayals

Classless.

25 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

Brilliant try...but not enough. If you had attacked in Madrid...you pay for your poor game in the first leg. You did nothing in Madrid. You get nothing now.

That comment is going to make it all the more sweeter when Real knock your cheating team out in the next round and we see your supporters crying again :D Hala Madrid!!

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Never unecessarily sacked a manager, either, unlike our lot.

Never unnecessarily sacked Claudio ranieri either...

still, of course sacking an under performing manager is far worse than calling a side with black players FC Congo, or sanctioning the beating up of prostitutes.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Never unnecessarily sacked Claudio ranieri either...

still, of course sacking an under performing manager is far worse than calling a side with black players FC Congo, or sanctioning the beating up of prostitutes.

You realise I was being ironic, right?

18 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I miss Beckham for his "it was six dozen of one and half of another" / "We've set a president by performing like that"

Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard referred to ' Folks' rather than 'Fuchs'

30 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Few things though 

Don't need to stop the game unless it's a head injury 

Time wasting is punishable by a yellow card 

No added time for the first half and only 4 for the second half?!

I fort that first half he actually blowed his whistle before the 45 was up even tho there was a goal and second half 4 minutes was a piss take should of bin at least 6

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Credit to Atletico though. So physically strong on and off the ball. Also they are the best team I've seen (apart from Porto) at conning referees. 

Gut feeling is that they are not a great team. I expected the likes of Griezmann, Carrasco and Saul to really shine over the two legs, but they came across as nothing more than decent, rather than great, players. It's the media hype around these teams that makes us believe that they world beaters - they are not. 

36 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

And what did you do in Madrid other than take an Olympic level dive into the box to win a penalty that wasn't there & take shots from 30 yards out?

For 45 minutes tonight your world class defence was absolutely shitting itself and playing for its life.

I'd hope your club doesn't forget that if they want to get the silverware its after.

Archived