Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Atletico H Post Match 1-1 (1-2) on aggregate

Just now, Webbo said:

We got to the quarter finals.

The point I was making was that had we invested the £50m wisely (I know that's easier to say in hindsight) we would have had a better chance of making further progress in the Champions League and be in contention for a top six in the Premier League

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Few things though 

Don't need to stop the game unless it's a head injury 

Time wasting is punishable by a yellow card 

No added time for the first half and only 4 for the second half?!

With subs which are supposed to be 30 seconds each. All 6 were used so that's 3 minutes, then  injuries for them and 2 for us. I make that at least 5 minutes of added time. I wish we just stopped the watch, so genuinely 90 mins is always played. It would stop all this rolling on the floor and 90th minute subs to slow the pace nonsence.

And must say, my appreciation for what a team Athletico are under Simeone went up a notch, especially given the respect he showed us after the gave.

In a way, he's such a brilliantly, dastardly, scynical bastard during a game through the sheet will to win, I can't hold it against him - he's the best at being a bastard! 

7 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

Brilliant try...but not enough. If you had attacked in Madrid...you pay for your poor game in the first leg. You did nothing in Madrid. You get nothing now.

i am happy about Ranieri. For the betrayals

Oh, pi55 off. 

You only had the 1-0 lead from the first leg because of a dodgy ref. Without that, you would have had to attack more in this match and there would have been more openings for us. It would have been a completely different game. 

I'm not even going to respond to that last point. Not worth the effort. 

Just now, Atletico supporter said:

Brilliant try...but not enough. If you had attacked in Madrid...you pay for your poor game in the first leg. You did nothing in Madrid. You get nothing now.

We pay for your free penalty in the first leg. If you think we get nothing then you don't understand this club, its fans or the journey we're on. See you again in a few years I hope. Good luck in the next round.

4 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

With subs which are supposed to be 30 seconds each. All 6 were used so that's 3 minutes, then  injuries for them and 2 for us. I make that at least 5 minutes of added time. I wish we just stopped the watch, so genuinely 90 mins is always played. It would stop all this rolling on the floor and 90th minute subs to slow the pace nonsence.

2 subs at half time won't have time added on. 

20 minutes ago, 49er said:

Brilliant performance.

Why didn't Shakespeare go for it and bring on Gray for Morgan. What was the point of bringing Amartey on when we needed goals?

We looked like scoring even with a back three (or back two, for that matter), so there was enough firepower on the pitch already. Probably thought not trying to risk an Atlético counter.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Oh, pi55 off. 

You only had the 1-0 lead from the first leg because of a dodgy ref. Without that, you would have had to attack more in this match and there would have been more openings for us. It would have been a completely different game. 

I'm not even going to respond to that last point. Not worth the effort. 

Forest fan as a guess

10 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

I remember that old chairman of yours. Fine, upstanding gentleman he was.

3 minutes ago, foxsake said:

We pay for your free penalty in the first leg. If you think we get nothing then you don't understand this club, its fans or the journey we're on. See you again in a few years I hope. Good luck in the next round.

Meh, don't waste your time with this kind of guys. Clueless and classless. Don't feed them.

12 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

Jog on.

14 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

If we had attacked in Madrid, we'd have lost 4-1, 4-0. We were set up brilliantly. You only won thanks to a dodgy penalty.

You have a classy team with almost no weaknesses. Thanks to Simeone.

Show a bit more class and respect for a team that gave yours a good run for the money.

The Ranieri part is bang out of order. You have no clue, so better keep your twisted tongue to yourself.

Good night and good luck in the semi-finals! :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

That's pretty good english right there for a Swedish referee...

12 minutes ago, 49er said:

The difference was that the side we had last year, apart from Ndidi, wasn't quite good enough. We had hoped that the likes of Slimani, Musa and Mendy would give us that quality that would enable us to make a mark in the Champions League, but that was not to be. £50m+ spent on these three, but no impact whatsoever.

Good point....unlucky re injuries but £50 million and no further forward ?... just hope the experience of the last few seasons will rub off on the likes of Chilwell,Ndidi, Gray and Barnes ...onwards and upwards

Archived