Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

You improve your squad by buying players better than your current team, then your first teamers drop to the bench. This then creates competition for places.

Yes thats one way of doing it.

Another is to buy a player that has "been there and done it" in order to provide a strong voice of leadership in the dressing room. That's what Stoke have done.

This signing improves them.

12 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Wouldn't get in our starting X11 so there wouldn't be any point signing him

I know he wouldn't get into the starting eleven, that's why I said it...

As for no point in signing him, I disagree. He's seasoned, won everything, top pro and can help in other areas, not just starting on a match day.

Anyway, pointless debate as hes at Stoke!

Aaron Mooy

Watched this guy on tv a few times this season and always looked a class above everyone on the pitch- creative hard working centre midfielder

Could and should be right up or street and be a very decent buy for the kind of money they are talking

Not strictly mentioned in a Manchester eve news article yesterday but says 12 clubs vying for his signiture

Just my opinion and I am not saying he would be the answer for all our problems but would certainly be an upgrade on King and Amartey and give Drinkwater some competition

Huddersfield do not own him - he was on loan from Man City and looks like they will be selling this summer- 8-10m asking price according to Manc eve news- we could well be one of the 12 clubs interested- may well fit the Shaky bill perfectly- 26yrs old - not to much of a gamble at that price- kind of player I am hopeful we are looking at

22 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Aaron Mooy

Watched this guy on tv a few times this season and always looked a class above everyone on the pitch- creative hard working centre midfielder

Could and should be right up or street and be a very decent buy for the kind of money they are talking

Not strictly mentioned in a Manchester eve news article yesterday but says 12 clubs vying for his signiture

Just my opinion and I am not saying he would be the answer for all our problems but would certainly be an upgrade on King and Amartey and give Drinkwater some competition

Huddersfield dominate the ball etc though? Is he mobile enough to play our long ball football. One thing though, he does press and work very hard for the team which could

be useful for us& he's got more quality on the ball than let's say, a Drinkwater. 

Do not get me wrong maybe he will fancy going back to Huddersfield but as for all of these things I think there will definitely be other offers for him- wouldn't it be nice to have someone who was comfortable on the ball in the centre of the park- I do not think we would have to change our ways at all but someone like him may well add that bit of composure that is needed in certain situations

44 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Rubén Semedo is an absoulte tank :thumbup:

Looked decent whenever I've seen him. Not sure if they're related, but Nelson Semedo the Benfica right back is a monstrous talent, probably destined for bigger things.

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

Looked decent whenever I've seen him. Not sure if they're related, but Nelson Semedo the Benfica right back is a monstrous talent, probably destined for bigger things.

Pretty sure Barca want him for €50m

15 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He also improves Stoke by being a better player than Whelan, and Adams. I'd say that Imbula is likely to partner him in the middle of the park. 

Bet Pulis is wounded

Apparently though Fletcher's performances on the pitch have drastically dipped this year. No doubt a good character and leader, but it's not unheard of for players of his age to suddenly tonk.

Haven't read the thread so he may have been mentioned, what about Sandro Ramirez? 

Everton seem very keen on him, and his release clause is £5mil. 

Is he that good? Why are more teams linked to him. 

3 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Haven't read the thread so he may have been mentioned, what about Sandro Ramirez? 

Everton seem very keen on him, and his release clause is £5mil. 

Is he that good? Why are more teams linked to him. 

Was dead certain to join Atletico but they now have a transfer ban. 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Was dead certain to join Atletico but they now have a transfer ban. 

But is he that good? For £5 mil, you'd think everyone would be having a look. 

Archived