Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

25 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

How? He's cost us £10m which is nothing these days and he will not be our chief creator? Where's the risk? 

There is risk attached to any transfer. Some will be a success and some won't. Until recently we have had more successes than not.

Some of our more recent signings have not been so successful so I would rather we are very thorough and diligent when spending multi-millions on new recruits.

You talk about £10-15m as if it is a throwaway amount and you are quite happy to add player after player to your high priced fantasy wish list which realistically is not going to happen IMO.

Could be just my opinion but I find it quite tedious when I open up the forum to see if there is anything interesting to read and all I can find is your nonsensical drivel at the top of of almost every thread.

If we finish the summer with Sigurdsson in our midfield, a centre half or two and (should he leave) a decent Mahrez replacement then I honestly can see us pushing for the Europa spots.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If we finish the summer with Sigurdsson in our midfield, a centre half or two and (should he leave) a decent Mahrez replacement then I honestly can see us pushing for the Europa spots. a second Premier League title

Fixed it for you :trumpet::scarf::chant::vardy:

7 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

There is risk attached to any transfer. Some will be a success and some won't. Until recently we have had more successes than not.

Some of our more recent signings have not been so successful so I would rather we are very thorough and diligent when spending multi-millions on new recruits.

You talk about £10-15m as if it is a throwaway amount and you are quite happy to add player after player to your high priced fantasy wish list which realistically is not going to happen IMO.

Could be just my opinion but I find it quite tedious when I open up the forum to see if there is anything interesting to read and all I can find is your nonsensical drivel at the top of of almost every thread.

Come on now, that's a bit harsh.

This is the most speculative, deliberately pie-in-the-sky thread in a section of the forum dedicated to rumours and wishlists. Give the bloke some slack.

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Come on now, that's a bit harsh.

This is the most speculative, deliberately pie-in-the-sky thread in a section of the forum dedicated to rumours and wishlists. Give the bloke some slack.

Fair enough but sometimes you need to see a bit of varying opinion rather than the same person commenting all the time on every thread or subject.

I'm sure AmarteyAndChill has some valid points but quite often it seems like overkill with uneducated opinions.

Just saying! :ph34r:

15 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I know nothing about the guy.  I don't scout via YouTube and I dont watch European leagues.  He may be brilliant.  But if he is unproven then of course it would be a risk.  Every signing for that matter has an element of risk.

Where do you do your scouting then? Personally I don't get much chance to go over to Montpellier, so unless we watch these guys on you tube or other media, threads like this would be pretty pointless or non-existent.

15 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I know nothing about the guy.  I don't scout via YouTube and I dont watch European leagues.  He may be brilliant.  But if he is unproven then of course it would be a risk.  Every signing for that matter has an element of risk

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If we finish the summer with Sigurdsson in our midfield, a centre half or two and (should he leave) a decent Mahrez replacement then I honestly can see us winning the AFCON 

8 hours ago, toddybad said:

Fixed it for you :trumpet::scarf::chant::vardy:

Fixed it for you ;)

- Chris Powell as assistant to Shakespeare.

- Claudio back as DoF ?

- Mahrez & Zieler the only significant players to leave.

- Decent back-up keeper (one who ishappy to sit on bench).

- Promote a young right back from the youth (Darnell Johnson).

- Kara Mbodji / Acerbi / Maguire.

- Adrian Silva.

- Sigurdsson.

Callum Wilson from Bournemouth? Start of last season (15/16) he was on fire and kept Josh King on the bench, then he got injured and is almost the forgotten man there with Defoe coming in as well now. If we can get him fit and firing again he would be a different option up top and pretty cheap too?

I'm against getting another midfielder. We'll start Drinky and N'didi every game and then we'll have Amartey, Kingy, Mendy (If we can keep him fit), Hamza and Matty James? 

Kaputska needs more game time especially when Riyad goes, not signing a marquee player to replace mahrez is the only way we'll keep Gray too. 

Then we just need a right back (As much as Simmo improved after Shakey came in, he's still a liability) I'm thinking Callum Chambers from Arsenal or Billy Jones from Sunderland and Adam Smith from Bournemouth?

And of course a Centre back. I say swallow the pride and get our kid Liam Moore back from Reading!

1 hour ago, JP the Fox said:

Callum Wilson from Bournemouth? Start of last season (15/16) he was on fire and kept Josh King on the bench, then he got injured and is almost the forgotten man there with Defoe coming in as well now. If we can get him fit and firing again he would be a different option up top and pretty cheap too?

I'm against getting another midfielder. We'll start Drinky and N'didi every game and then we'll have Amartey, Kingy, Mendy (If we can keep him fit), Hamza and Matty James? 

Kaputska needs more game time especially when Riyad goes, not signing a marquee player to replace mahrez is the only way we'll keep Gray too. 

Then we just need a right back (As much as Simmo improved after Shakey came in, he's still a liability) I'm thinking Callum Chambers from Arsenal or Billy Jones from Sunderland and Adam Smith from Bournemouth?

And of course a Centre back. I say swallow the pride and get our kid Liam Moore back from Reading!

You must be having us all on here, surely....?

58 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Who would take Real Madrid's Pepe? I know he's 34 already, but miles ahead of Huth and Morgan still...

He's out of contract this summer... :whistle:

Definitely MC. However, I believe he is off to Italy with Inter hot favourites. Probably fancies a bigger club than us to be fair. We'd still need to bring in a defender under 25

9 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Signed a 2 year contract at PSG!

Pepe has already been linked with the likes of Paris St Germain and AC Milan, but he said it was too soon to say where he might play next.

"There are more proposals, also from England," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/real-madrid-transfer-news-pepe-leaves-free-a7775376.html

52 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Pepe has already been linked with the likes of Paris St Germain and AC Milan, but he said it was too soon to say where he might play next.

"There are more proposals, also from England," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/real-madrid-transfer-news-pepe-leaves-free-a7775376.html

My uncle lives in Barcelona and told me he'd signed for PSG #ITK

Archived