Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Joey Barton Suspended

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

how's it remotely harsh, if it was 1 or 2 bets then yeah. but he made over 1000 bets. can't really give him a slap on the wrist 

Because he might, just might have a gambling addiction. That's 1500 bets over the course of many many years. If it wasn't for the fact he's a horrible cretin then more people would be disgusted with this ban.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is laughable, shockingly long ban for what he's done.

Maybe, just maybe his case is now being used as a precedent. Trying to send a clear signal to people with similar inclinations or hobbies, so to speak...

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Because he might, just might have a gambling addiction. That's 1500 bets over the course of many many years. If it wasn't for the fact he's a horrible cretin then more people would be disgusted with this ban.

It's 10 years of consistently breaking the rules, what would you propose, a month off and a slap on the wrist fine? I would accept, that maybe he's being made an example of to an extent based on his character and to be the poster boy of why not to do this. But ultimately, with all the evidence I don't think 18 months could be consider particularity harsh.

If it was the case that every bet was placed on a match that had no relevance whatsoever to him then yes I would have a bit of sympathy for him but the fact that some of the bets directly involved matches he was playing in (him to be first goalscorer etc) then he deserves all he gets. To bet on something that could change the outcome of the game is clearly just match fixing.

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Witchfinder generals, running avoc through fox forum. The guy has been found guilty hes been caught...

Some people disliked him, and his personna. No need to get spitefull, and wish illwill...

He's a bad egg, lots of other players would be given a chance but Barton's had about as many offences as games he has played in

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's a bad egg, lots of other players would be given a chance but Barton's had about as many offences as games he has played in

He sw i ms against the current, he can be a twat, he Can also come out with some home truths.

Thank god for people like   Souness, Roy Keane, Barton etc..Vardy has it on the pitch, I wonder if he will

Come out with some gems as a pundit...!!!    Ask Barton he will give you a wager...:P

Look at the amounts involved against the clubs he was playing for!!! Hahahahaa as if that's match fixing then he's a prat, he'd have got 100,000 that from proper corrupt organisations. Also, not once did he feature in any of the games apparently.

Betting in professional football is a huge grey area at the minute and yes they need to lay the law down but this is laughable.

Archived