Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. WATFORD.. (home)...

On 05/01/2017 at 11:57, lgfualol said:

Time to try 352

Schmeichel

Benny Amartey/Wasyl Fuchs

Albrighton Drinkwater Ndidi Chilwell

Mahrez

Slimani Vardy

Would love this. But with Simpson Benny and Fuchs at the back.

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Yeah but some peopl on here think 8th vets Europe 

Not outlandish to think that. They seem to hand out Europa League spots like they're going out of fashion.

I'm a little confused here, could we qualify for AFCON through the Fair Play League?

Surely the section this weekend will all be down to Huth's injury. 

If he's looking likely to be out, I really do think they'll be practicing a back 3 in training. 

Could work well against Watford, they seem to like 1 striker up top and Deeney's been up and down. 

Shakespeare has a permanent job to fight for (assuming he wants it of course) so I expect us to go with the usual 11. There are a few managers in the midfield who need results to save their jobs, Shakey is after results to gain it. I'm sure the players will be on it for that reason as well.

We're not mathematically safe yet (Swansea could finish on 41 points) and there's £2M per league place we're still playing for difference between 8th and 17th = 1 Mendy I'm expecting a dour hard fought game with my standard prediction of 1-1 no matter who we play lol.

I think 7-8 points from our remaining 4 games is what we'll secure. I really liked how good we were vs Stoke at home when Gray and Mahrez were causing havoc down the wings. Albrighton has been superb for us but I'd like to see Gray given another start on Saturday as we're at home to a team whom are there for the taking.

Guest CityFan 06

Hope we don't take our foot off the gas from now on in, now we're on 40pts. I said previously, 43pts would be a more conformable figure for me. Atleast then it's almost certain survival and it'd be nice to get to that figure on Saturday.

Our ambition in these next four games should be to push for top ten, not settle for our survival. 

41 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

We're not mathematically safe yet (Swansea could finish on 41 points) and there's £2M per league place we're still playing for difference between 8th and 17th = 1 Mendy I'm expecting a dour hard fought game with my standard prediction of 1-1 no matter who we play lol.

1 wheelchair = 1 Mendy? 

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I like the sound of giving Harvey a run out toward the end, maybe in the Okazaki role?

Or even Lawrence if he's back unless there are issues like he might not be a registered squad player. Even so, Chilwell,  Gray and Kaputska could do with some experience. Plus a last chance saloon for Musa!

45 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I like the sound of giving Harvey a run out toward the end, maybe in the Okazaki role?

We'd probably have more goal threat from Barnes.

Wouldn't mind us giving Kapustka a run out off the bench so us fans can see what's going on there, unless we're avoiding paying extra transfer fees lol 

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Hope we don't take our foot off the gas from now on in, now we're on 40pts. I said previously, 43pts would be a more conformable figure for me. Atleast then it's almost certain survival and it'd be nice to get to that figure on Saturday.

Our ambition in these next four games should be to push for top ten, not settle for our survival. 

No way will we do that, we're not even safe yet. Worst case scenario is we get to the Man City and Spurs games and we don't offer the same fight against two very difficult sides but on Saturday I expect us to be all over it.

A point wouldn't be a terrible result and both teams may settle for it at 80 mins if we're drawing.

We're still not quite safe and Swansea could possibly get 41pts with three winnable fixtures left. Whilst relegation is still a small possibility I'm looking downwards before looking upwards. Our next two fixtures are Man City and Tottenham so I don't want to be sat on 40pts going into the Bournemouth game especially if Swansea keep winning.

stat time

• Leicester City have lost just one of their previous five Premier League games against Watford, but this was in November 2016 (W3 D1).
  • Watford have gone 15 matches against the Foxes in any competition without keeping a clean sheet, last shutting them out in February 2008 in the Championship.
  • Riyad Mahrez has scored in Leicester’s last two Premier League games against Watford.
  • Mahrez could make his 100th Premier League appearance in this match, the first Algerian to reach this milestone.
  • The Foxes have claimed 40 points this season in the Premier League, 41 less than their final points total from their title-winning season but just one adrift of their points tally in 2014/15.
  • The Hornets have lost nine of their last 11 Premier League away games (W1 D1), including each of the last four without scoring.
  • Leicester City have won all four of their Premier League home games under Craig Shakespeare – only three managers have ever won their first five at home in the competition (Manuel Pellegrini – 11, Sven Goran Eriksson – 9 and Carlo Ancelotti – 7).
  • Jamie Vardy has scored nine goals in his last 13 competitive appearances for Leicester City, this after netting just six goals in his previous 31 apps for the club in 2016-17.
  • Watford (40 points) still need five points from their remaining four matches to equal their 45-point tally from last season under Quique Sanchez Flores.
  • The Hornets defeated Leicester City at Vicarage Road earlier this season (2-1). They have only defeated a side both home and away in a single Premier League season on two occasions before – Aston Villa and Newcastle United, both in 2015-16.

Archived