Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. WATFORD.. (home)...

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Huth has a badly swollen ankle and Wes was way off being ready for West Brom and Saturday will be touch and go (according to shakey) 

If that turns out to be the case then, let's give Armartey a try in that position as if he's not going to make a centre half, he's never going to be a good enough midfielder at this level. I'd also give Gray a full game instead of Marhez. Apart from the latter's form, we now need to get some regular Premiership experience into Gray in case Marhez leaves this summer (though I suspect that he won't have as many suitors this year as last,  not for the amount of money we'd want for him anyway).

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Huth has a badly swollen ankle and Wes was way off being ready for West Brom and Saturday will be touch and go (according to shakey) 

Time to try 352

Schmeichel

Benny Amartey/Wasyl Fuchs

Albrighton Drinkwater Ndidi Chilwell

Mahrez

Slimani Vardy

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Time to try 352

Schmeichel

Benny Amartey/Wasyl Fuchs

Albrighton Drinkwater Ndidi Chilwell

Mahrez

Slimani Vardy

No Simpson?

Just now, lgfualol said:

I couldn't remember if he had played in a back 3 before. If he is okay to play in that back 3 then I'd like him there instead of Amartey or Wasyl. 

Pretty sure he was on the right of the three in the second half against Atletico.

22 minutes ago, shen said:

Pretty sure he was on the right of the three in the second half against Atletico.

Quite extreme circumstances though, I really rate Simpson but he's not a centreback.

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Quite extreme circumstances though, I really rate Simpson but he's not a centreback.

Many thought he excelled in that role. And it's not like Fuchs is a centreback either.

I'd be more comfortable with them in the back line than Amartey or Was. Or even Benalouane who tends to go walkbout.

Looking forward to this game- we always do well when the pressure is off at the end of the season.

Hopefully we can kick on and nick a spot in the top half- it's so tight in the middle of the table (6 points separating 8th and 16th) that we really have to beat both Watford and Bournemouth if we want to do it. 

I'd like to see us put in another good, attacking him performance but also register a clean sheet like Stoke and Sunderland. Another 2-0 and a good performance to build on would be just the ticket. I'd also like to see some slight rotation with 40 points achieved and the likelihood of relegation slim:

Schmeichel

Simpson   Huth   Benalouane   Chilwell

Albrighton   Ndidi   Amartey   Gray

Slimani   Vardy

The Slimani/Vardy partnership might as well be tested. With 3 starts - obviously injury dependent - I can see Slim turning his 7 PL goals so far into double figures, which when Deadline day arrival, team form until Shakespeare, AFCON and injury spells is all said and done is a decent return. Gray and Chilwell getting pitch time makes sense with little to play for, likewise Amartey to see if he can rediscover the pre-AFCON form - he was excellent at Stoke away.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Confident of a comfortable home win. Gonna lump on us.

We may have both Huth and Morgan out injured, I'd wait until the teams are announced.

Benny is OK but doesn't he struggle against big powerful strikers like Deeney?

Him + Fuchs/Was/Amartey doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

If Harvey Barnes is available I'd have him and Kap on the bench but from now until the end of the season both Gray and Chilwell should be playing every game from the start

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Jim There is a lot of money riding on each league position so I wouldn't expect too much in terms of experiments.Business comes first.

Pre season is the time for sure

Kap and Barnes are both decent shouts from the bench; I don't see Gray and Chilwell as being too experimental - but point well taken.

HI Just cannot see Shaky deviating from the tried and trusted bearing in mid hes looking for the job to be confirmed..

Maybe a lot  earlier subs for Gray for sure .I'm still not getting Chilwell in front of Fuchs at left back but he does do better further up on the left if the game needs it.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:19, AmarteyAndChill said:

8th place won't get a Europa league spot no matter what. If United finish top 4. We will have 4 teams in the champions league and 3 in the Europa. 

8th would still give us the title of 'best of the rest' which I'd say was our current level. We'll have to be battling with Everton to breach the top 7 next season.

Archived