Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes, of course he will

As I said earlier in the thread, he was brought up with the likes of Cantona and Giggs knocking on his dad's front door. That emotional attachment is bound to be present.

I quite agree. However, those players are in the past, fortunately, so we should perhaps just focus on the opportunity that, quite frankly, most of us would take if offered to us. The only question is, are United in for him or not? 

I've grown to enjoy him develop with us.

Just illustrates that with effort to continually improve yourself and desire to make other players strong mentally around him and be focused like he has been to try and reach the top of the game - it can work with patience and rewards will eventually come (ala 2015/2016 season).

I see this as a non-subject.

I don't believe either Manchester team will make an offer for Kasper.

He's good enough for us although he always goers through a bad period of the season when I wished we got rid of him.

He's not world class but good enough for Leicester for now.

20 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

TBH I don't think this is saying much. Probably means he won't be rocking the boat, but would leave if an offer came in from a suitable club.

Oh no I get that. But fact is he's remaining professional, which I'm not too surprised by... But still, I live in hope! ?

3 hours ago, FIF said:

He's good enough for us although he always goers through a bad period of the season when I wished we got rid of him.

I agree with your comments that UTD won't be after him this window however I disagree on your other comments.

Kasper proved last season in the CL that he is at the top level and his consistency has improved massively.

Last season when unavailable it proved how invaluable he is and I genuinely believe he would close to being in the Top 6 keepers in the world.

I would go as far to say if we keep him over the next 3-5 years that he will be up with the Top 2-3 too!! Hopefully as a No.1 with us and having helped us manage a Top 4 place again.

3 hours ago, M0901 said:

Screenshot_20170721-124328.png

Rob Tanner has not worded his tweet very well there.

Kasper actually said "I'm a Leicester player until someone tells me otherwise. Until then I'm fully committed to this club."

His commitment to LCFC has never been in doubt. Why would he be otherwise informed that he is no longer fully committed?

I interpret what he is saying is if the right club comes in for him (e.g. Man Utd or similar) with an offer that suits him and the club then he is more than likely to want to take up the new challenge.

I want him to stay with us as long as possible but he is good enough to be playing for a top club at the very top level and you couldn't really deny him that opportunity if it arose.

7 hours ago, FIF said:

He's been even better than the 2015/2016 and the one of the main reasons why we stayed up. He's one of the best GK in this league. By a country mile. We're very lucky to have him. Has to work on his ball kicking though.

8 hours ago, FIF said:

Sorry don't agree with you. IMO kasper is world class. 

We have a proud history of fantastic Keepers, Shilts, Banks, Flowers, Keller, a Poole (yes I loved him) and Kasper is I'm my opinion the best I've seen for us (I started watching in the 80's so I'm not saying he's better than the first 2)!

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

We have a proud history of fantastic Keepers, Shilts, Banks, Flowers, Keller, a Poole (yes I loved him) and Kasper is I'm my opinion the best I've seen for us (I started watching in the 80's so I'm not saying he's better than the first 2)!

They are all decent people, as well.

Ian Walker wasn't too bad a keeper either tbh.

This could be the best news of the preseason so far as he is our most important player both in terms of position and standing in the dressing room - get him signed up to an even better deal would be my next step and I know he only signed one last summer!

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

get him signed up to an even better deal would be my next step and I know he only signed one last summer!

Lets not get carried away ...   he's already said he's going nowhere ...    special treatment will do more harm than good ...   imo.

Archived