Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

Brilliant servant and seems to just be getting better and better and probably our biggest voice in the changing room. Could understand a move to United but from a pure selfish point of view I would definitely stand in his way lol 

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Brilliant servant and seems to just be getting better and better and probably our biggest voice in the changing room. Could understand a move to United but from a pure selfish point of view I would definitely stand in his way lol 

I meant if Man Utd came in for him, I'd stand in his way of City came in lol

Couldn't stand in his way, and he probably deserves a move, but maybe i'm being nieve and deluding myself but he seems to love it here and have alot of passion here, I think he could stay.

But then again, it's Man Utd, it must be his dream club, that said I think he's the type that doesn't want to be known simply as 'Peter's son' he wants to make a name for himself, which he is doing, but going to United, the links and comparison's are gonna be even more voiced.

As for Man City, can't see him being interested there, I feel he's a very principled person, they've already let him go once and didn't think he was good enough, can't see him going back, and with that defence...nah!

I think it's inevitable this season to be honest, there's going to be a lot of top teams looking at GK's and it's not been that way for a while.

The two Manchester clubs and Liverpool for a start.

Question is what is a good price? 

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

What sort of fee would we get?

1 billion dollars.

Seriously tho. Wouldnt blame him for going. But would be a huge loss. He's got better and better the last 2 and a half seasons.

Added that he's clearly a big personality around the club. And currently captain. He'd be a big deal to replace as well. But if he gets told he's gonna be 1st choice i would accept him going.

If we sell to man city tho i'd want joe hart in part ex can't believe how many people in the other thread can't seem to see that wouldn't be the worst deal we could do.

Englands no.1 premier league experience for a team of our level would be a decent short term fix in my eyes.

The rumour that always returns (probably because most the time it's lazy journalism with his fathers link). 

However if there was genuine interest (never has been in the past) you'd probably expect him to leave, which is understandable.

If true, we best start looking at replacements now, as we're going to have the task of trying to replace one of the best goalkeepers we've ever had.

36 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No chance he goes to Man City. He suits Man Utd much more as he can hoof it up to Ibra/Fellaini, whereas Man City would ask him to keep it on the floor and in play.

What with his cruciate ligament injury, I'd be surprised if Zlatan plays for Man united again..

On the one hand, it's his boyhood club, he's obviously got links through his dad, he's from the area and - on paper - swapping Leicester for Man Utd is a no brainer.

On the other hand, and maybe this is wishful thinking, he's always hated the comparisons to his dad and has said he wants to be known for his own merits not his dad's. He's a core part of one of the most 'together' squads in the UK (/Europe?), loves the club and is making a name for himself here, much in the same way that his dad did at Utd.

If we keep Shakey and the majority of the squad remain through the summer, with a positive future ahead of us he may well want to see it out here.

He's a very intelligent lad, very well spoken, and I don't think he'll be swayed at all by the extra money he'll get elsewhere. Perhaps Champions League football, but I think he might see it as a bigger achievement to get into the CL with Leicester again rather than helping another club to get past the groups.

If Man U come in for him, it will probably be a decision purely based on sentiment, and I don't think anyone could complain about his decision either way. Similar story if someone like Real/Barca came in for him.

I'd be disappointed if he went to anyone else. But again, he's been such a loyal servant to us and absolutely key to our successes in recent years that I could have no ill feeling towards him whatsoever.

Kasper just keeps getting better, a couple of years a go he punched balls out and now he catches them. He makes some outstanding saves and I can barely remember an error.

Just as importantly he has a big player mentality, he's a big character and intelligent guy, the man is a winner who would slot straight in to a huge club.

There was a point against Atletico when he came out with the ball well out of his box and played the ball with the confidence of a midfielder, I remember thinking then if Pep was watching that would strike a chord with him. I really hope he stays but if we do get a big offer it would be decent business if we sold and got Pickford in.

I think Man City would be the more likely destination as they would try and offload Hart to us as part of the deal and kill two birds with one stone. Kasper is definitely a Pep player.

I just hope our owners don't feel as negative about our club and its potential. Now's the time to show we're not transfer pushovers and to show the depth of our own ambition. Kasper is and has been an inspiration for us and we for him, make no mistake, for he's evolved no end since he came here as a good but by no means flawless goalkeeper.

Our challenge now should be to convince him there is more and equally exciting things to be done at our club and in the making of another top team in our country to provide much-needed competition from the ever-favoured few.

And we'll never do that while some of our own fans think of us as secondary next-to-no-hopers.

Thankfully I do believe our owners think differently. But they're going to be tested - as they were last season when they let Kante go with seemingly little resistance - perhaps because of verbal or contractual agreement that left them no choice.        

If we're finally going to be a big club we're got to act like one.

And that means never selling anyone unless we're sure we've got a superior replacement.

Cos that's the key to long term success...getting the best of the deal whether buying or selling and only selling when it suits us.

Neither Manchester United or Manchester City are invincibles for all their money. And they've got to preserve their momentum while we are in the process of building ours and doing pretty well but for the hiccup of Raneri's  latterday-leadership.

If Kasper really wants to leave - and I'll only believe it from his own lips - then we should expect a proper price for him and a damned good, equally-inspiring   replacement in his stead because those are the qualities we'll be losing, not just any old goalkeeper. 

Archived