Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Kasper wanted by Man Utd & Man City

17 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Nothing we don't already know... Kasper is happy here, but if United came in for him he'd want to go.

The whole thing depends on De Gea going to Madrid and United making Kasper their main target.

Don't both Madrids have transfer embargoes at the minute?

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester City transfer rumour: Peter Schmeichel on Kasper to United rumours

By RobTanner  |  Posted: June 22, 2017

0 COMMENTS   2 SHARES

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30404409/16054784-large.jpg

Peter Schmeichel (left) with son Kasper, who has been linked with his dad's former club Manchester United

Peter Schmeichel has said it would be a dream if his son Kasper Schmeichel followed in his footsteps and became Manchester United's number one.

Kasper has been linked with United because the future of Jose Mourinho's number one David De Gea is uncertain, with reports he is being targeted by Real Madrid.

However, his father told Talksport Radio City was an ambitious club that could challenge for the top four again.

"It would be a dream," he said.

"For me, trying to be as neutral and unbiased and not like a father, I think he has done well enough to convince everybody that he can play at the highest level.

"The doubts were there when he first went into the Premier League over whether he was good enough, but he proved that and in the Champions League last year I thought he did really well.

"If clubs need a really good goalkeeper, well he is somebody who can be trusted to do that.

i

"Having said that, I am crazy about Leicester, I am crazy about the owners - they are fantastic and really good for the Premier League.

"There is no shortage of will and money to make Leicester a top four club, or at least top six, top eight. They are prepared to do that and that is a really interesting environment to play football in.

"There is no Kasper needs to move kind of feel at the moment, but if an opportunity like that [moving to United] came around, that would be fantastic."

City are considering a possible move for Hull City goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic as the future of Ron-Robert Zieler seems uncertain.

Zieler has expressed his unhappiness at his lack of opportunities last season as Schmeichel had a superb campaign between the posts and was particularly impressive in the Champions League.

Several Bundesliga clubs have expressed an interest and should Zieler move back to Germany City may make an offer for Jakupovic.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-transfer-rumour-peter-schmeichel-on-kasper-to-united-rumours/story-30404409-detail/story.html#wKdvAdzsOq3Vcl8l.99

I know it's because his son plays for us but to hear Schmeichel Snr talk about our little football club in that way is incredible. The future is bright!

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I know it's because his son plays for us but to hear Schmeichel Snr talk about our little football club in that way is incredible. The future is bright!

I think Peter genuinely rates us. Prior to Atletico home, the official CL Facebook page posted several live videos with many hours of commentary by Schmeichel sr. showing the cameraman around the training ground and stadium. He genuinely believed we could progress. Praised the training ground cameras and personalised video analysis in particular. Also he really rates Gray apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naa simple case of 2+2=5 because of the Kalinic story. The club have received no contact about Kasper and are getting pretty confident he will stay for now.

Was hoping this was the case.

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Looks like this has reared its head again

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naa simple case of 2+2=5 because of the Kalinic story. The club have received no contact about Kasper and are getting pretty confident he will stay for now.

:thumbup:

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Suddenly noisy on this

Courtesy of Richard keys

how much store do we put on the musings of a cov fan! Guess he must have a relationship of sorts with Peter. 

He's not known as a reliable source.

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The other day I was at Leicester Royal Infirmary as I'm having an operation on my hand, turns out the surgeon is the same man who operated on Kasper Schmeichel's hand after Copenhagen and Vardy's hand ( same injury as myself), we got talking about Leicester a little bit and he said he's spoken to some people at the club and they reckon Kasper is going this summer and there are clubs who have told Leicester they will pay £50 million for him. Hope it's not true but you never know, the bid for the Genk goalie may have legs :(

Doesn't a keeper rumour have hands rather than legs?

tbh, I'd take 50m. 

On 09/05/2017 at 11:26, Wymeswold fox said:

Man City or United would be very tempting for him, to be honest.

He often commutes on a daily basis to and from not too far from Manchester and his family, from what I've heard internally, live quite close the city.

He's clearly in the form at his life but, after us being in no European competition next season (apart from if we finish 8th..:ph34r: ), a strong offer from one of these clubs may give him some serious thinking to do over the Summer.

Don't forget who Kasper was brought up with...Man Utd

He would have had the likes of Cantona knocking on his door. 

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Doesn't a keeper rumour have hands rather than legs?

tbh, I'd take 50m. 

I'd do everything I could to keep the guy and to get his father even further onside. Kasper's not just the most committed goalkeeper any club could have, he's also an inspiration and standard setter. He epitomises everything about what has made us the unlikeliest Premiership champions in history and with more to come if we keep raising the bar.   

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The other day I was at Leicester Royal Infirmary as I'm having an operation on my hand, turns out the surgeon is the same man who operated on Kasper Schmeichel's hand after Copenhagen and Vardy's hand ( same injury as myself), we got talking about Leicester a little bit and he said he's spoken to some people at the club and they reckon Kasper is going this summer and there are clubs who have told Leicester they will pay £50 million for him. Hope it's not true but you never know, the bid for the Genk goalie may have legs :(

lol 

This is why I love FT during the transfer window. The doctor who operated on Kasper's hand is all of a sudden ITK.

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

but which club would pay £50mil, neither Utd or Man City are in need of a 1st team keeper(unless Utd sold De Gea), :blink:

Kasper would only leave to a bigger club if he was going to be number 1 imo

2 hours ago, shiv said:

lol 

This is why I love FT during the transfer window. The doctor who operated on Kasper's hand is all of a sudden ITK.

Maybe he has his finger on the pulse?

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Over the summer I've had to have my penis reduced and the guy who did it was the same guy that did Big Wes'. Heard he's finished and the back injury was caused by a constant wiping whatever that means. Sad times.

That micro-surgery is amazing, isn't it? :whistle:

56 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Over the summer I've had to have my penis reduced and the guy who did it was the same guy that did Big Wes'. Heard he's finished and the back injury was caused by a constant wiping whatever that means. Sad times.

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

That micro-surgery is amazing, isn't it? :whistle:

lol 

Archived