Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

14 minutes ago, casablancas said:

For 22million he can go. Although with Mahrez going in the summer I'd assume he'd be in line to fill the void. I don't think he will do the defensive work that Mahrez has added to his game. 

Mahrez is shocking at defending but better than he was. When was the last time you saw mahrez track back get the ball in our own box with two players next to him,dink it down the line that lead to the last goal today. I'd say never. 

Hopefully we can keep him. But to be honest even since we signed him he's been linked with loads of clubs. Is this by his agent?

Purely from stories, he seems the type of player that will be gone at the first opportunity. Even if he has a good season next year, he'll probably be off in the following summer. Hopefully the stories are a load of rubbish and he can show us some loyalty 

22 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Mahrez is shocking at defending but better than he was. When was the last time you saw mahrez track back get the ball in our own box with two players next to him,dink it down the line that lead to the last goal today. I'd say never. 

I never said he was good at it. But he does do it where he never used to. It's a side of his game he has improved for good or worse. I was saying that gray does not appear to have the discipline or apparent desire to do this in the limited time he has had. 

57 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I never said he was good at it. But he does do it where he never used to. It's a side of his game he has improved for good or worse. I was saying that gray does not appear to have the discipline or apparent desire to do this in the limited time he has had. 

Didnt Gray track back and recover the ball from the touchline, then make a nice pass up the wing to Vardy, who then set up Albrighton's goal yesterday?

15 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If was up to me if cash out on mahrez as sad as I'd be to see him leave and I really would be gutted financially what we could get for him could improve the squad with 3 to 4 players and Gray would massively fill the gap given more playing time 

Mahrez is a top, top quality footballer. Gray isn't good enough to fill his shoes, I don't care what anyone says. The things Riyad can do with his left foot players only dream of. 

11 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Mahrez is a top, top quality footballer. Gray isn't good enough to fill his shoes, I don't care what anyone says. The things Riyad can do with his left foot players only dream of. 

I'm not saying he isn't top quality im saying that at the end of the day the money we could get for mahrez we could strengthen our squad in possibly 3 players, like I said I'd be sad to see him leave if be happy if he stayed we are not a team that relies on 1 player at the end of the day the team plays around vardy not mahrez 

43 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I'm not saying he isn't top quality im saying that at the end of the day the money we could get for mahrez we could strengthen our squad in possibly 3 players, like I said I'd be sad to see him leave if be happy if he stayed we are not a team that relies on 1 player at the end of the day the team plays around vardy not mahrez 

Mahrez is proven, he's PFA Player of The Year and is a goals and assists machine. We've proven we can quite easily blow £50-60 million on dross so be careful what you wish for. People relaxed that Mahrez is leaving disturb me.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Mahrez is proven, he's PFA Player of The Year and is a goals and assists machine. We've proven we can quite easily blow £50-60 million on dross so be careful what you wish for. People relaxed that Mahrez is leaving disturb me.

Every club spends money on dross it's football it happens at every club however you should know this??? yes he was PFA player of the year but people gping on that he is indespensable is rediculous albringhton been more effective this season for his all round game I love mahrez but he blows hot and cold like I said hate to see him leave but would massively help the club if he did so it's not all that bad, let me ask you this if you had the opportunity to have 40 mill to spend in the summer to improve the squad or have near enough 100 mill to put our team in a fighting place for Europe again I'm certain most would take the latter however it's a gamble but those gambles have paid off so far since our owners have took over 

17 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Every club spends money on dross it's football it happens at every club however you should know this??? yes he was PFA player of the year but people gping on that he is indespensable is rediculous albringhton been more effective this season for his all round game I love mahrez but he blows hot and cold like I said hate to see him leave but would massively help the club if he did so it's not all that bad, let me ask you this if you had the opportunity to have 40 mill to spend in the summer to improve the squad or have near enough 100 mill to put our team in a fighting place for Europe again I'm certain most would take the latter however it's a gamble but those gambles have paid off so far since our owners have took over 

I just don't think we'll get anything over £25 million for him so for that reason alone I want him to stay. He's proven what he CAN do and I've every faith he'll rediscover that with us if he stayed. He's the most talented player to play for Leicester bar none.

14 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Want both Mahrez and Gray to stay, Obvs. We are somewhat overloaded with wingers tho. Musa and Kaputska to leave, leaving us with Mahrez, Gray, Lawrence, Albrighton (and Barnes?)

Damn I had forgotten about Kappy. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't think we'll get anything over £25 million for him so for that reason alone I want him to stay. He's proven what he CAN do and I've every faith he'll rediscover that with us if he stayed. He's the most talented player to play for Leicester bar none.

I wouldn't even welcome a bid over 40 mill for him haha and you are right deffo most talented

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp closing in on a £12m deal for Leicester’s Demarai Gray

Liverpool are growing increasingly confident of landing the 20-year-old and will make an offer to trigger his release clause when the transfer window opens in July

Jurgen Klopp is closing in on a £12million deal for Leicester’s Demarai Gray.

We reported back in March that the winger was growing frustrated at a lack of starts at the King Power Stadium.

And his situation put Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton on alert, as well as Tottenham.

Now Liverpool are growing increasingly confident of landing the 20-year-old and will make an offer to trigger his release clause when the transfer window opens in July.

Leicester are set to turn an £8.5m profit on Gray in just 18 months, after they triggered the £3.5m clause in his Birmingham contract.

He picked up a Premier League winners’ medal for his contribution last season but has made most of his appearances this time out from the substitutes’ bench.

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp closing in on a £12m deal for Leicester’s Demarai Gray

Liverpool are growing increasingly confident of landing the 20-year-old and will make an offer to trigger his release clause when the transfer window opens in July

We reported back in March that the winger was growing frustrated at a lack of starts at the King Power Stadium.

And his situation put Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton on alert, as well as Tottenham.

Now Liverpool are growing increasingly confident of landing the 20-year-old and will make an offer to trigger his release clause when the transfer window opens in July.

Leicester are set to turn an £8.5m profit on Gray in just 18 months, after they triggered the £3.5m clause in his Birmingham contract.

He picked up a Premier League winners’ medal for his contribution last season but has made most of his appearances this time out from the substitutes’ bench.

Suggestion that the release clause is 12 million !? Absolute Joke, surely that's bullshit.

I'd doubt very much there is a release clause.

Where's he going to play at Liverpool? He ain't getting In ahead of Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino or Mane is he?

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Just like they were closing in on Chilwell last year.....

5 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Gray's also gone.

yes of course they are as they are linked in the papers.......:rolleyes:

Gray goes to one of these "bigger" cluubs he'll have less game time than he gets he, if RM goes in the summer, he'll be the one the club wants to fill the gap i suspect

Archived