Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I would sell him for 15mill plus a sell on fee. He's not really a team player, promote Tom Lawrence who is just as good on his day.

The reasons I would sell:

a) he never really wanted to come here in the 1st place

b) even after 2 weeks of us signing him he was being linked with other clubs. Can't be doing with that, just get rid

Are either of those points true? Seems strange to sign for a club if you don't want ti

I'm starting to grow increasingly Irritated by his social media antics.

'Very tricky season for me PERSONALLY' - that sentence, for me, sums him up. 

It's me me me.

The kid is 20! 

He he needs to respect the fact he's below Albrighton (one of the players of the season) and Mahrez (enough said) in the pecking order.

Knuckle down, train harder, strive to be the best and PROVE your worth the starting jersey. 

For me me this is exactly what is wrong with modern football. Young pros think they have the right to walk into a team because they are talented.

I recently listened to an interview with Steven Gerrard and what struck me was his desire to be the best.

He emphasised the fact he had to wait his turn and he relished the challenge of getting better. This is something Demarai, IMO, looks like he lacks.

All hype and no substance. 

I would love nothing more for him to go and prove me wrong now...

Just now, eddylcfc said:

It's me me me.

The kid is 20! 

He he needs to respect the fact he's below Albrighton (one of the players of the season) and Mahrez (enough said) in the pecking order.

Knuckle down, train harder, strive to be the best and PROVE your worth the starting jersey. 

For me me this is exactly what is wrong with modern football. Young pros think they have the right to walk into a team because they are talented.

I recently listened to an interview with Steven Gerrard and what struck me was his desire to be the best.

He emphasised the fact he had to wait his turn and he relished the challenge of getting better. This is something Demarai, IMO, looks like he lacks.

Spot on mate.

2 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

It's me me me.

The kid is 20! 

Or perhaps maybe he has the desire to be the best but is frustrated that he hasn't had the chance to show it? He's also been quoted as saying that he has been looking up to Albrighton and Mahrez and learning from them.

To me there's nothing wrong with being frustrated. The problem with modern society now, not just football, is that everything appears to be aired over social media platforms and taken in the wrong context.

One thing I would add is that he appears to have had less time under Shakespeare than he had under Ranieri.

There is a chance that by tr

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Or perhaps maybe he has the desire to be the best but is frustrated that he hasn't had the chance to show it? He's also been quoted as saying that he has been looking up to Albrighton and Mahrez and learning from them.

To me there's nothing wrong with being frustrated. The problem with modern society now, not just football, is that everything appears to be aired over social media platforms and taken in the wrong context.

One thing I would add is that he appears to have had less time under Shakespeare than he had under Ranieri.

I read it like that too.  I like Gray, not been perfect and that might be what he's talking about

I think he's going to be a good player, would be disappointed not to see him grow more at Leicester

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Are either of those points true? Seems strange to sign for a club if you don't want ti

He turned us down in the summer then signed for us in Jan when he knew he had a chance of winning something. Then he's been linked with everyone since. Either it's innocent papertalk or him and his agent has always seen LCFC as a stepping stone 

He just doesn't do enough off the bench that leave you saying "wow! We would be a better side with him instead of Marc/riyad"

He has pace, a lot of it! But he needs to work on his game, neither Marc or riyad have the same style as him. If he wants to improve, he should watch videos of this season's zaha.

2 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

It's me me me.

The kid is 20! 

Can't blame him if he wants to move with clowns coming out with stuff like this. Poor lad only has to breathe and he has his attitude questioned. 

Why shouldnt he think like..Mess/Ronaldo (remember his statements at Manutd)

He hasnt said anything untoward.Hes a talented young lad, whos actual position and style of play,

warrants, a bit of arrogance and swagger.

He has not shown imo, any disrespect, hes just a kid trying to fit in, who knows he has something to offer,

but not quite sure what, but is rightly, biting at the bit to be given that big chance.

nahhh too many negative trolls, having a go at another talented players, before his career even kicks off!!!

FFs, this guy dribbled his way, around a chopper propeller...making it looked like it never exsisted..:D

Be quite annoyed if he goes (Not with him, but the club), we're resigned to losing Mahrez, it's expected, we don't want it to happen and after how he's been this season he probably doesn't deserve a move but this isn't about him, so anyway, if we lose Mahrez and Gray i'll be so pissed off, Gray should/will be Mahrez's replacement yet we could potentially lose both because of mismanaging Gray, how he hasn't had more chances in place of Mahrez this season I do not know, maybe if we'd been stricted, harsher, gave him so competition, make him realise his place wasn't guarenteed, put our foot down with Mahrez he might have pulled his finger out, instead we've carried a player for most games and upset another.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

He just doesn't do enough off the bench that leave you saying "wow! We would be a better side with him instead of Marc/riyad"

He has pace, a lot of it! But he needs to work on his game, neither Marc or riyad have the same style as him. If he wants to improve, he should watch videos of this season's zaha.

Don't you feel that because he's not been given a massive amount of opportunities that when he has been given a chance he's perhaps tried too hard/had too much pressure? :dunno:

I'm making excuses for him just as you have for Mahrez but I think it's a strong possibility and case.

21 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

For me, anyways, Gray's future is tied with Mahrez's.

Mahrez stays, Gray considers his options.

Mahrez leaves, and Gray stays.

Why, pray tell does one balance the other out.

Why shouldnt both stay.!!

Everybody likes the vaious ideas of a teams plan ..A , B or C.

I dare you to dream of seeing..Albrighton, Mahrez, Gray on the same teamsheet.

If I recall we had 3 wizzards, like .....Farrington,Glover and that man Weller, gracing the pitch at the same time....

Imagination is lacking awfully on this forum.

This seasons individual   players form, have no relation or relevance for next season..

We had a so called top tactician, in Claudio who believed, he could teach our Ungrateful mongrels Italian....It lost and forfeited us the whole season.And cost us big in future belief,

Viewed from the terraces... Player perspectives /potential lost relevance....

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why, pray tell does one balance the other out.

Why shouldnt both stay.!!

Everybody likes the vaious ideas of a teams plan ..A , B or C.

I dare you to dream of seeing..Albrighton, Mahrez, Gray on the same teamsheet.

If I recall we had 3 wizzards, like .....Farrington,Glover and that man Weller, gracing the pitch at the same time....

Imagination is lacking awfully on this forum.

This seasons individual   players form, have no relation or relevance for next season..

We had a so called top tactician, in Claudio who believed, he could teach our Ungrateful mongrels Italian....It lost and forfeited us the whole season.And cost us big in future belief,

Viewed from the terraces... Player perspectives /potential lost relevance....

I'm not taking a position on the matter - obviously, I would like to keep them both if possible - but I think that Gray may view Mahrez's presence as a limiting factor on his opportunities here and might act accordingly.

4 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

It's me me me.

The kid is 20! 

I dont see anything wrong with that?

All he is saying is he doesnt like sitting on the bench- he wants to play. He then adds that its with Leicester City he wants to play with at the end...

Not really sure why people would find fault with that....

So a young lad is absolutely chomping at the bit to get in the first team and play. Showing desire, intent to perform FOR US next year and we ridicule him? Stay Dimi, for 20 he has shown more than enough to be well considered. Parts of his game need work, yes but at 20, him and Chilwell could be real assets for Leicester going forward.

Do people realise that footballer's aren't robots and they have different personalities? Demarai is basically saying he's found it tough because he wants to play more and some people are criticising him! Unbelievable. Good on you Demarai, I can see how you've found it frustrating as you were the only bright spark at times this season and ridiculously over looked on so many occasions. 

I think a lot of forum posters are forgetting what it's like to be 19/20 years old ..... remember when part of you thinks that you can take on the World and another part of you dreads speaking a sentence that's got more than five words in it ...  if we nurture him in the right way he could become one of the best players the club has ever had.

He's got to understand if he does listen to these Agents regarding and move to a big club are Liverpool Tottenham whoever he is going to be even more down the pecking order  than he is at city, and what he needs to do is what I've heard a lot on this forum he needs to knuckle down train hard and prove his worth to the first team.

But this kid has shown with the right manager and the right person to look after him  this kid is gonna be one hell of a player !!

Archived