Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Also do you remember when Ronaldo first came to United ? He was about the same age as Gray ... doing all those daft step overs and either getting tackled or falling over.

It reminds me of Gray a lot ... the nation laughed at Ronaldo .. are they laughing now ? I think it will be criminal if we don't give this kid a chance.

Let me think this one through:

I'm 20 I want to play football

My path is blocked by a maverick special talent

A guy turns up and says Liverpool, Spurs and maybe some other big clubs want me

• What would I do ?
  • Do I wait for the MST to leave or do I wait and see ?

Let me think this one through:  :whistle:

52 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I think a lot of forum posters are forgetting what it's like to be 19/20 years old ..... remember when part of you thinks that you can take on the World and another part of you dreads speaking a sentence that's got more than five words in it ...  if we nurture him in the right way he could become one of the best players the club has ever had.

I dont think some have even reached that age yet...

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Simpson posted something on Instagram along the lines of 'big season for this lad next year' and I think this is the way the club are dealing with it. I pray Mahrez doesn't leave but if he does I'm confident Gray will do his best to provide us with a bit of magic 

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair he has been spending a lot of time with Riyad this season, the 'apprentice and the master' type thing. Obviously it's rubbing off on him. 

Gray will never even be half the player Riyad is.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I think this lad will surprise a lot of people on here this lad has a bright future he just needs taking under someone's wing show him it's a team game not a solo game !!

Gray goes by players with pace like they arnt there. He's going to be a hell of a player in a couple of years, hopefully with us. There's a reason you don't see many players like him.... their hard to find! MUST keep hold of him and start playing him week in week out. 

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Gray will be an England player, no doubt in my mind.  Hoe it's with us. 

If he goes on to be a full England international then he'll be able to choose from plenty of beautiful women. He won't need to be settling for any old Hoe!

Something more about him and Liverpool.

We'd be mad until we know

1. Who's going to manage us and how he'll fit
  2. If Mahrez stays or go

If Mahrez does go, and we do have a new manager who doesn't instantly high five Gray, we'd be on Lawrence and Musa as second choice wingers: untested and as yet unconvincing.

I highly suspect we'd force him to stay unless he's massively destructive in the dressing room. But he's developing and his attitude has improved. You only get rid of your top young talent for very, very good reasons and I don't think we have even half a legitimate reason.

4 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Neither Claudio or Shakey seemed overly concerned that if they didn't play him he might leave. To me that either means that he isn't as good as he thinks he is (in their eyes) or that they think (thought) that Mahrez would stay.

Or they would not be dictated to by an agent or a player.

Perhaps the subs bench seats are more comfortable at scouse and spuds because if he can't make our first team he will die of old age before he gets 90 mins for them....He will be playing for stoke west brom  in a couple of years time.

14 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Bit worried about this now it's all over about grey to Liverpool. Hope it rubbish we need to keep our young players.

Seem to remember similar stories being ciruclated last year when vardy (arsenal....yeah like he was ever going leave 'really'...!!) and Chilwell (justified!) were looking for better contracts.....but eventually decided to stay with us as they were 'loyal' (oh....and they also got signficant salary increases as well as a result of the 'threats' to leave...!)

Call me a synic but every time i read transfer specualtion these days I just assume the players agents are 'briefing' press contacts to deliberately cause apprehension at the parent club which 'forces' them into a position to re-negotiate players contracts early and offer increased salaries (and agents commissions!) as incentive to stay

"Pay us more or we might sign for someone else.......havent you read the stories in the press, that we ourselves planted?!?"

Bore-off and wake me up when its all over please as the whole process now is tirseome and just one big snore-fest...! 

Where was Riyad Mahrez at 19/20? Oh yeah, playing for the Le Havre reserves.

Some miserable sods on this forum. Gray could be a hell of a player. Probably more likely to if his own fans back him as well lol.

On 2017-5-22 at 19:21, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Also do you remember when Ronaldo first came to United ? He was about the same age as Gray ... doing all those daft step overs and either getting tackled or falling over.

It reminds me of Gray a lot ... the nation laughed at Ronaldo .. are they laughing now ? I think it will be criminal if we don't give this kid a chance.

i remember Ronaldo's arrival and didn't laugh at all. His talent was clear to see. And within a similar time to the time Gray's spent at our club his devastating effect was even more apparent.

If Gray had a fraction of Ronaldo's ability talent there'd be no-one to debate the question. But he doesn't. Nor does he seem to have the same single-minded focus and determination to improve. At least I've seen no evidence of it in his football.     

I'm not saying Gray is in the same league as Ronaldo ... Gray would not have come to Leicester if he had Ronaldo's talent.

The point I am making is that the kid has got obvious talent and we should give him a chance to prove this just like Ronaldo was after his

, in your incorrect words , devastating start ... Ronaldo scored the grand total  27 goals from 137 appearances in his first three seasons at United !!!! .... a far cry from

his mind boggling goal a game average at Real Madrid.

On 22/05/2017 at 19:21, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Please, please, please tell me your not comparing Gray to fu**ing Ronaldo!!!! lollollol What is happening to this forum... well n truly deluded lol 

On 5/22/2017 at 15:39, AKCJ said:

Don't recall Riyad playing in the premier league or any top division at the same age Gray has...

Archived