Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

What are people smoking?

He can run with the ball at his feet

He doesn't pass to anyone, he can't cross, he can't shoot... He's just a tricky dribbler, he's got no end product & he's got no middle product either

The hype he receives is beyond me, Lawrence looked far more useful in one cameo than Gray in almost all of his combined

Get rid!! &  spend the money on Boudebouz!

He doesn't play every week so how is he likely to improve.

If he goes and plays every week I have no doubt hell turn into the player that people talk about. 

People comparing him to Mahrez are stupid (I know you didn't).

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

First of all, that wasn't a good season, its was the best individual performance in the whole league and he was voted "the best" by his fellow footballers.

Secondly, we are not talking about criticism we are talking about value to the team, yes gray has potential, but riyad proved that he can preform at the highest level!

As for kantè, that's a fair point. And I can also say that if simmo can overlap like fuchs you would see a different riyad. See what I did there, those are all hypothetical scenarios.

Riyad did prove it. Once. When he does it consistently I'll concede. 

This is what I can see happening:

Despite all the rumours, at the end of the transfer window our options on the wing will be Mahrez, Albrighton, Lawrence and Gray.

Gray is given a decent run of games in the first team to prove himself.. But he fails to make an impact and is dropped in favour of Albrighton.

Meanwhile Lawrence sits quietly like a professional, takes his chances from the bench/cup and replaces Gray as our third choice winger.

Gray leaves in January & we replace him with a better winger.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Despite all the rumours, at the end of the transfer window our options on the wing will be Mahrez, Albrighton, Lawrence and Gray.

Gray is given a decent run of games in the first team to prove himself.. But he fails to make an impact and is dropped in favour of Albrighton.

Meanwhile Lawrence sits quietly like a professional, takes his chances from the bench/cup and replaces Gray as our third choice winger.

I wouldn't be at all surprised with this.

14 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

There is no way Shakespeare will play Mahrez and Gray. He'll go safe with Albrighton.

We're going to be one of the most boring sides in the league, especially with our style of play.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There is no way Shakespeare will play Mahrez and Gray. He'll go safe with Albrighton.

We're going to be one of the most boring sides in the league, especially with our style of play.

Just like how boring we were when we won the league with those wingers

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Just like how boring we were when we won the league with those wingers

Our style was different then.

Did you see the state of the football we churned out towards the end of last season.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just how many bad games did we produce? 

I'm talking about style of play - not results.

The WBA game we won but it was a horrible game to watch.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm talking about style of play - not results.

The WBA game we won but it was a horrible game to watch.

Ok. I can imagine the other games you mean. I am of the opinion that the players were spent, not necessarily physically, but mentally. That's been a concern of mine all along since the title win. 

Alot of people seem to losing their sh!t over speculation. As far as we're aware, he HASN'T demanded to leave. He HASN'T spoken out publicly in a negative manner. If anything he's p!ssed aboutique his lack of oppertunity and seeks assurances that he'll see more game time.

Personally, I would be more worried if he wasn't itching to play. I like that he's pushing to start more and as for those saying he's not taken advantage of the opportunities he's been given... It's not exactly easy to make an impression or improve dramatically or at a decent rate with a few minutes here and there. Yet, in his first full season with us, he's not done much worse than Mahrez done in his first full year. Atleast not in the stats department.

Screenshot_2017-07-31-22-18-11-1.png

If social media wasn't such a thing/hindrance - Gray would probably be perceived as an angel imo.

He's made his reputation quite worse over past 'rants' etc, and hope he's learnt not to use the channels as platforms for moaning etc.

9 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

He can do one in my opinion.

His attitude is far more damming to the club than Mahrez's, who has legitimate reasoning behind his wish to leave, yet Riyad is berated.

This fool believes he is God's gift, sell the bum.

I'm edging towards this. What has Gray done to deserve a move up? Get on the pitch and shoot from 45 yards?

Another perfect example of how backwards English football culture is if it's true he's trying to get a move. He's not done anything and has it in his head he's a world beater. He's a talented kid but he's gotten well ahead of himself.

The good thing is right now we could get good money for him. I reckon we could pull in £25mil in this market.

Some mad talk on here. Why are we shipping out exactly? He's not said he wants to go from what I recall? He's 20 and promising, quick and skilful. The greediness can be coached out of him, as can the over exuberance. He reminds me a lot of Cristiano when he first came one the scene (style wise, he's not as good) and I think with the right coaching, he's a massive talent. 

Saying that, he's third choice at the moment (with Lawrence rapidly coming up on the rails). Those who think he is better or more effective than Albrigton are way off. 

If we end up with Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Lawrence as our wide options, I'll be happy. I think 433 may be added to the formations with Gray and Tom as well. 

11 hours ago, cc_star said:

What are people smoking?

He can run with the ball at his feet, but only in to dead ends, occasionally something happens in the commotion that run creates, but its generally dead ends

He doesn't pass to anyone, he can't cross, he can't shoot... He's just a tricky dribbler, he's got no end product & he's got no middle product either

The hype he receives is beyond me, Lawrence looked far more useful in one cameo than Gray in almost all of his combined

Get rid!! &  spend the money on Boudebouz!

We get it. You don't like him.

A lot of us have a different opinion, perhaps you'll accept that.

He is trouble this lad 

has quite a social life , big mates with that young failure at villa grealish , his mutterings and briefing of the press is a pain in ass and also he whinging on Twitter is a pain 

set the fee at £20m if someone wants to pay it get rid ! 

19 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

He is trouble this lad 

has quite a social life , big mates with that young failure at villa grealish , his mutterings and briefing of the press is a pain in ass and also he whinging on Twitter is a pain 

Better still - leave him in a locked room with Appleton for a couple of hours

28 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

He is trouble this lad 

How is he 'trouble'? What's he done? Link to me a tweet that's directed at the club?

He's just turned 21. What do you expect at that age. He has potential to go far - he played regular for England u20s.

You can't expect a finished product at that age, even more so considering he doesn't play regular.

As for Grealish, how is he a failure? Played regular again last season. (Oh, and also, he does a lot of charity work because his sister is disabled but the media don't tell you that because they've got him down as a bad boy).

£20mill is fvck all. 

Gray really needs to start delivering when on the pitch. We constantly hear that he wants to leave. Apart from a few glimpses i haven't seen anything that warrants someone to be playing every week. He has pace, so do many players. He has some skill but it's how to use it. His delivery is poor more often than not and his decision making needs to be improve quickly. 

Archived