Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

4 hours ago, cc_star said:

He's had no end, he's just delivered nothing in them apart from a goal against Utd - The one shot in a thousand of his that isn't a drop goal... and a very good performance away at Derby in the cup when he came off the bench

Other than that, he's done absolutely nothing despite playing in many, many games, 30 something appearances last season alone

However, he does have age in his favour, he just needs to crack on..,. & take some of the many, many chances afforded to him

He was very good against Stoke when Albrighton didn't play due to illness. He could have had a hat-trick if it wasn't for Lee Grant's heroics. Sadly he got another chance from the start 3 days later and was abysmal, Albrighton came on and completely changed the game with 2 assists.

7 minutes ago, Thracian said:

As I've said for months and throughout the transfer window, we need a fast,accurate, reliably effective winger for if and when marred leaves. 

So far we seem to have done nothing.

Yep

Considering the chairmen told him if he stays for one more season, he could get his move... You'd think the club would at least have a few irons in the fire

Dereliction of duty in some parts

It's horrendous, especially when you look at Southampton who have a production line of either academy players or hot-line to identikit players on the continent

9 minutes ago, Leicesterfarian said:

Interesting post from Gray on insta. Not sure if it's been posted but had a quick scroll through and can't find it. 

Mostly interested by who's 'liked' it. The official LCFC page has; which says to me he's going nowhere. 

IMG_8104.PNG

Cryptic little ****er isn't he

32 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Yep

Considering the chairmen told him if he stays for one more season, he could get his move... You'd think the club would at least have a few irons in the fire

Dereliction of duty in some parts

It's horrendous, especially when you look at Southampton who have a production line of either academy players or hot-line to identikit players on the continent

I often look at Southampton in admiration concearning their academy production line.

And, sadly, I am invariably disappointed with our own.

We seem to sign plenty with promise but seem to lack the magic needed to bring the best out of them.

Or even an acceptable few of them.

I don'the think there'should one simple explanation for this but a complexity of reasons .

But that's no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I often look at Southampton in admiration concearning their academy production line.

And, sadly, I am invariably disappointed with our own.

We seem to sign plenty with promise but seem to lack the magic needed to bring the best out of them.

Or even an acceptable few of them.

I don'the think there'should one simple explanation for this but a complexity of reasons 

But that'should no excuse.

Our academy setup and coaches is a disgrace, it's jobs for the boys led by Rudkin being the DOF. Until he is removed and things are shaken up, we'll not be developing quality academy players very often. I'm appalled at what we've done with Barnes this summer, what a waste of the chance to integrate him. It's not as if we're blessed with talent at LM or AM either, we've been the fcukin pits this pre-season. 

15 minutes ago, Leicesterfarian said:

Interesting post from Gray on insta. Not sure if it's been posted but had a quick scroll through and can't find it. 

Mostly interested by who's 'liked' it. The official LCFC page has; which says to me he's going nowhere. 

IMG_8104.PNG

I really hope that's not true about all of us...

.what I do in the dark really doesnt need to come to light. 

:$ 8-) 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our academy setup and coaches is a disgrace, it's jobs for the boys led by Rudkin being the DOF. Until he is removed and things are shaken up, we'll not be developing quality academy players very often. I'm appalled at what we've done with Barnes this summer, what a waste of the chance to integrate him. It's not as if we're blessed with talent at LM or AM either, we've been the fcukin pits this pre-season. 

Involving periphery youngsters is a must - not only with regards to increasing their confidence and awareness but in highlighting areas that need to be improved as a matter of urgency.

We just seem indifferent. I never feel as if we inspire our best young prospects when they most need it.

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not so sure, I think it was a case of we had so many in the box that he was likely to find someone.

I'm more referring to times when we have maybe only one in the box the composer to pick them out. 

He is doing better though.

so Gray is criticized, fairly, for not producing enough quality crosses yet when he does its because we had so many players in the box?

Complete bullshit because you have a personal problem with Gray

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

so Gray is criticized, fairly, for not producing enough quality crosses yet when he does its because we had so many players in the box?

Complete bullshit because you have a personal problem with Gray

That's interesting, How do you work out I have a problem with Gray ?  

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know things can change and this is only something minor but I doubt he would get his number changed to 7, which is a better number for his position if he wasn't planning on staying.

Good point. It's minor but it could be the difference.

10 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

This is the quote he used...

Could be interpreted two ways, although not entirely positive.

IMG_3571.PNG

You really think he is that clever?? This is the lad that neatly walked into a helicopter blade! 

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

Jesus christ, sentences like this coupled with Stowell saying he'd be happy if we only create a couple of chances a game does not make me look forward to the kind of football these guys are hoping we dish up.

Crazy idea but how about trying to create things and score before the opposition take the lead?

Agree. That phraseology sounded odd to me.

15 hours ago, Leicesterfarian said:

IMG_8104.PNG

The chap monitoring social media won't be privvy to talks between agents and Rudkin so I wouldn't read a single thing into that.

Archived