Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gray is still a young lad, still developing, bags of talent and potential. He's behind the others in pre season. A touch of patience wouldn't go amiss.

tenor.gif

Got tell him to have "a touch of patience"

18 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Patience Premier League children and all will be as you wish. Instant gratification is not the road to true satisfaction. You must plant the seed, water the seed, tend the seed - only then will you see it grow and flower. 

Guest MattP

He seems to think he is far better than he actually is.

He still struggles to complete full game and influence matches that aren't already dead and buried.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

He still struggles to complete full game and influence matches that aren't already dead and buried.

Agreed. I can honestly only remember two games where he ran riot for the full 90. Stoke and Derby at home. 

Seriously inflated opinion of himself. 

That's not to say he's poor at all. Just needs to get consistency into his game and that will be far better done here. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Complains he's not getting enough gametime, gets linked with three clubs where he'd get even less game time.

He'd get game time at Spurs, not afraid to give their kids a go. Kane, Winks, Dier. Alli, Carroll, etc

11 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

'Sky sources' say a player is looking to move on and list clubs interested. Sky Bet opens up a market for that player's transfer. People lump on who they think the player will go to based on very little at all. Player stays and market closes. Sky profit. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

But he's not better than Alli, Eriksen, Son and Lamela who are the players he'd be competing with.

Winks isn't better than Dembele, Wanyama or Dier but he still got plenty of opportunities. He'd probably thrive there but yeah he's not going straight into the first 11 at any of those clubs you'd think

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

If Gray was at another club there'd be a jizz fest if we were linked to him.

He just turned 21 last month and I've seen enough to say he'll almost certainly be a top PL player one day.

Would we?

Yes he's a young lad but he's made 45 Premier League appearances, scored 1 goal and created 5 others.

As opposed to the younger lad we're signing who has also made 45 Premier League appearances but he's scored 12 and created 5 others. All in fewer minutes played.

I think he's a good player who will go on to have a good, steady career at this level but I think we over rate him.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

100% agree. he has undoubted talent and when he turns it on he looks fantastic. The problem is he just doesn't turn it on that often.

I do not want him to go anywhere and I like the fact he wants to play, but equally he needs to influence more when the opportunities come up. I'm not convinced that he will be a PL superstar, despite the talent

Archived