Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

1 minute ago, chicagofox said:

So Gray is crap and Lawrence is a better option.  And all this based on one meaningless performance in a meaningless game, 3 days in to Gray's preseason.  OK!

Answer me this, howmany "practice" corners & free kicks did he take & how many found a team mate?? Preseason or not it was terrible mate.

Just now, Manc Fox said:

Answer me this, howmany "practice" corners & free kicks did he take & how many found a team mate?? Preseason or not it was terrible mate.

Lawrence has taken some pretty dire set pieces too. 

Wasn't Gray's best performance tonight, but can't have been helped by the useless Leo. 

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Lawrence has taken some pretty dire set pieces too. 

Wasn't Gray's best performance tonight, but can't have been helped by the useless Leo. 

Agree mate. I know its preseason, suppose I just expect him to b able to cross a ball when he's giving us ultimatums about playing him more. 

2 minutes ago, Manc Fox said:

Agree mate. I know its preseason, suppose I just expect him to b able to cross a ball when he's giving us ultimatums about playing him more. 

When crossing, it helps to have clear players / space to aim for... he largely had Leo in a huff.

In truth, the kid probably needs to leave us - we might not be right for him - but he has the raw potential to be a great player, so I'd like to see us give him a chance of achieving that with us first.

I'm sure he'd be a 100% better player if he felt that we really believed in him as a starter week in / week out. He'd be able to relax more and just play, rather than worry about impressing to earn/keep his place.

It's one game.

You could take his stunner against Man U last season and state he's brilliant, or tonight's performance and say he's poor. Either way he's a kid with a lot of talent and he should get more of a chance to prove it.

I think Gray will become a decent player in our squad if he learns to look up and use his team mates more, and/or learn how to hit the bloody target and not row Z.

stating the obvious but he's a bit of a moaner/sulker whereas Lawrence isn't...,:thumbup:

Up the City..... :scarf:

13 hours ago, chicagofox said:

So Gray is crap and Lawrence is a better option.  And all this based on one meaningless performance in a meaningless game, 3 days in to Gray's preseason.  OK!

Unbelievable isn't it! Gotta be one of the most fickle bunch of fans in the country

Got one of the most exciting young English talents in Gray and all we can do is bash him for not being the finished article and actually wanting to play

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Unbelievable isn't it! Gotta be one of the most fickle bunch of fans in the country

Got one of the most exciting young English talents in Gray and all we can do is bash him for not being the finished article and actually wanting to play

Clueless kneejerk muppets I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

There's still a tendency to favour tenacious bulldogs in the mould of Ian Hume - plenty of heart, little skill. The rapid transition from League 2 to Premier League champions means we haven't as a fan base become accustomed to a different style of player or play.

I would expect a man who runs his mouth a lot for game time to rip it up when its time to show up. He made his bed and now people will judge him harshly because he thinks he's all that. If you talk the talk, you better walk the walk!

On 28/07/2017 at 21:50, chicagofox said:

No id assume it's based on him doing nothing that remarkable since being with us, but for some reason still expecting first team football lol other than that Man Utd fluke he's largely been forgettable, he's selfish with a horrid end product, he may come good ofcourse, then again so might might hamer! 

I am undecided on Gray.

He clearly has enough potential and some skill, e.g. his goal at Old Trafford. Too often his end product is lacking. It is as if,having made a breakthrough by his speed and skill,that he approaches 20 metres within the opposition goal his football brain goes into neutral.

He worked well against MK plastics on Friday until the final third. His set piece delivery was also awry. The other team member who had had a similar break and played their first preseason game, Chilwell, was,for me one of our best performers on the night.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gray is still a young lad, still developing, bags of talent and potential. He's behind the others in pre season. A touch of patience wouldn't go amiss.

Patience is a rarity at the Forum !!!

Patience Premier League children and all will be as you wish. Instant gratification is not the road to true satisfaction. You must plant the seed, water the seed, tend the seed - only then will you see it grow and flower. 

Archived